• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

Mobi52 Catherine's Project 52 - 2019

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 144953
18/52
Instagram

Today was the Best Day Ever!! I was part of a "tag team" that drove Molly from Virginia to Wayne, NJ to start her new life with a foster home. Her entire life (7 years) she's been chained up... and you can see how malnourished she is. I had the honor of driving the last leg to her foster family. She is a sweet soul and I'm so happy I could help! :inlove:
I’ve never heard of such a tag team before. What a beautiful idea! Good work!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I’ve never heard of such a tag team before. What a beautiful idea! Good work!
The association is called Doobert. They have a website and an app. You can sign up to be a transporter or photographer. Once you register there’s a vetting process, and when you’re approved you’ll start getting notices when there is a transport that fits your parameters (location and distance you’re willing to drive). I’ve been signed up for awhile now but there were always conflicts with the transports.... until yesterday! :D A recent transport that I really wanted was for 3 kittens :hearteyecat: but I think that one happened while I was in LA.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
What a heart-warming story - that she has finally broken free of her chains. What an awful life she must have had. I can’t understand how people can do that. So little compassion.
I know, it is unthinkable.

It was really an amazing experience. In the beginning of the drive she was panting/breathing heavy, and pacing from one side of the back seat to the other. She didn’t seem “distressed”, but either anxious or excited, or both. I was the last leg of I think 6 legs, starting that morning in Virginia. I had been talking to her... but I decided to play music. I chose a beautiful song that I’ve been listening to - it’s words are actually a mantra of protection. She put her head between the seats, and I had my arm sort of crooked around her head which was laying on my hand/arm, and within seconds of the song beginning/me singing, she gave a deep sigh, closed her eyes and fell asleep. It was amazing. Then I laughed to myself wondering how long I could hold this position! After a few minutes she curled up in the backseat and slept. I played the song 3 times in a row.... when we were 10 minutes away from her foster mom I turned it off. Within seconds Molly stirred, sat up, and looked out the window for the last bit of the drive. She’s probably never heard music or singing her entire life.

She could not wait to get out of the car when I pulled into the driveway!! I know she knew where we were. We gave her hugs and water, then Monica brought her to the huge, fenced in back yard and let her roam. I stayed a few minutes to watch, and she didn’t stop running and sniffing for a second. She met Cooper, another fostered Boxer, and they seem like they’ll be good friends. There were a couple tense moments.... I know that’s normal with dogs, they have to sort out the pecking order, but it always makes me very anxious. I don’t *know* dogs the way I know cats. In any case, I believe little Molly who is half the size of Cooper will be the alpha. :D:mobibabe:

<sigh> One of the best feelings/experiences I’ve ever had. :inlove:

deepop

No Mobi-limiter...
MobiSupporter
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365

It was really an amazing experience. In the beginning of the drive she was panting/breathing heavy, and pacing from one side of the back seat to the other. She didn’t seem “distressed”, but either anxious or excited, or both. I was the last leg of I think 6 legs, starting that morning in Virginia. I had been talking to her... but I decided to play music. I chose a beautiful song that I’ve been listening to - it’s words are actually a mantra of protection. She put her head between the seats, and I had my arm sort of crooked around her head which was laying on my hand/arm, and within seconds of the song beginning/me singing, she gave a deep sigh, closed her eyes and fell asleep. It was amazing. Then I laughed to myself wondering how long I could hold this position! After a few minutes she curled up in the backseat and slept. I played the song 3 times in a row.... when we were 10 minutes away from her foster mom I turned it off. Within seconds Molly stirred, sat up, and looked out the window for the last bit of the drive. She’s probably never heard music or singing her entire life.

She could not wait to get out of the car when I pulled into the driveway!! I know she knew where we were. We gave her hugs and water, then Monica brought her to the huge, fenced in back yard and let her roam. I stayed a few minutes to watch, and she didn’t stop running and sniffing for a second. She met Cooper, another fostered Boxer, and they seem like they’ll be good friends. There were a couple tense moments.... I know that’s normal with dogs, they have to sort out the pecking order, but it always makes me very anxious. I don’t *know* dogs the way I know cats. In any case, I believe little Molly who is half the size of Cooper will be the alpha. :D:mobibabe:

A true rescue.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Enough to bring a tear to the eye! Lovely. :inlove:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Beautiful. And isn’t it marvellous - all of that green. Those yellow irises are gorgeous. Rog loves those.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen those yellow irises growing wild... was such a lovely surprise!