Cat's Every Now & Then Project

80A1F587-DBE1-4450-95ED-0A8B4E76E317.jpeg

I visited the Lakota Wolf Preserve in Columbia, New Jersey and it was a-mazing. :inlove: They also have two foxes, a bobcat and a lynx (in separate areas).

Last edited:
1609358399448.jpeg

Muir Woods, California

Wow.... seems I haven’t posted here since I moved to the “other” coast. :flushed: So many images in my camera roll in the 16 months since then... what to add to acknowledge 2020? This stood out... kind of symbolic of the new geography where I now find myself.

View attachment 163189
Muir Woods, California

Wow.... seems I haven’t posted here since I moved to the “other” coast. :flushed: So many images in my camera roll in the 16 months since then... what to add to acknowledge 2020? This stood out... kind of symbolic of the new geography where I now find myself.
green leafy and peaceful, couldn't be better.

View attachment 163189
Muir Woods, California

I recall years ago editing some photos my daughter had taken after her visit to Muir Woods....fabulous looking location

View attachment 163189
Muir Woods, California

what John said :inlove:

View attachment 163189
Muir Woods, California

And i used up all my IOTM nominations..... :hearteyes:

Gee, RoseCat , just don’t know how you managed to reduce all your stuff to fit into a THOW. We are downsizing from a big house to a two bedroom apartment and the stuff just seems endless!
Well, I’d been downsizing for several years prior to moving into the THOW. I’m not a big collector, so it wasn’t very difficult for me. My belongings must fall into one or more criteria (most fall into at least two): 1. Useful; 2. Makes me happy to look at it; 3. Personal/emotional attachment (was doing this way before Marie Condo became famous. :rolleyes:) If there is an item I haven’t looked at/worn/used for a year or more, out it goes. There are some exceptions, like a small collection of thumb tacks, rubber bands, string, nails, envelopes, etc. that I keep just in case, but even much of my “just in case” got tossed - if I find I REALLY need something, I can buy it. I’m quite sure it is exponentially easier to do this because I live alone.

Well, I’d been downsizing for several years prior to moving into the THOW. I’m not a big collector, so it wasn’t very difficult for me. My belongings must fall into one or more criteria (most fall into at least two): 1. Useful; 2. Makes me happy to look at it; 3. Personal/emotional attachment (was doing this way before Marie Condo became famous. :rolleyes:) If there is an item I haven’t looked at/worn/used for a year or more, out it goes. There are some exceptions, like a small collection of thumb tacks, rubber bands, string, nails, envelopes, etc. that I keep just in case, but even much of my “just in case” got tossed - if I find I REALLY need something, I can buy it. I’m quite sure it is exponentially easier to do this because I live alone.
Clothes are no problem to get rid of. It’s all my craft stuff that I’m struggling to let go of. I think because we haven’t travelled at all the past 2 years, I’ve probably used it more than I would. I thought I had moved on and was ready to concentrate on just mobile photography but then an interesting project comes along and I start pulling out bits and pieces from each of the containers: a brush here, a roller there, glue, paint, a stamp, a stencil. Then I have fairly big pieces of equipment like an expensive cutting machine and a jewellery tumbler. I’m realising I’m going to have to cull in stages.

54866431-7A45-42CC-8149-73F8A2A03B70.jpeg

Instagram filter
Full moon glow…

While lying in bed, with the full moon not quite within view of my skylight… terse Ted had done some cool stuff with night mode on 10 sec timer (or….was it someone else? Was I dreaming?) ….anyway…. :confused: I was inspired and caught this.

View attachment 174381
Instagram filter
Full moon glow…

While lying in bed, with the full moon not quite within view of my skylight… terse Ted had done some cool stuff with night mode on 10 sec timer (or….was it someone else? Was I dreaming?) ….anyway…. :confused: I was inspired and caught this.
Lovely abstract. So, is that glow the moon?

You could start by putting all like items in piles, then only keeping 3-4 of each item. :)
They are all very well organised but will have to apply the Marie Condo method that you mentioned. If I don’t like the stencil it’s a gonna. The problem is I’ve just looked at Dina Belenko’s Flat Lay Photos and been a bit inspired. So now everything I chuck out I think, oh dear, that would be good for a still life :rolleyes:.

94B30B3A-34B8-452A-8BC3-F31D92B41683.jpeg

Snapseed

Yesterday, I witnessed a horse die, suddenly and with no warning. It was terribly sad, but I’m grateful I was there to try and provide some comfort to him, and support his grieving owner. Now I watch his brother, who was very bonded to him, left alone, and it hurts my heart. :coldsweat: Farm life can be very challenging for one with too soft a heart… RIP Harley boy… watch over Thor.

Back
Top Bottom