• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

HipstaPaks Celebrating 8 Years of Hipstamatic...

Celine Lumiere

MobiFan
Real Name
Celine Lumiere
Device
iPhone 6
Call me stupid but what purpose do these cases actually serve?
The cases have no effect on image processing at all, but they can help to organize your gear. E.g. case A for B&W films, case B for retro look combos, case C for sharp&clean&saturated stuff, case D for your favorites on holiday trip. The benefit is, you can very fast recognize wether the right gear category is selected now. But, of course, this says nothing about actual selected cembo. So this benefit is very limited. Unless you have all 37 cases and a maximum of 37 favourites and you mark each combo with different case. I think it is mostly a styling gadget. I always use only the standard black case all the time.

Last edited:

Kmenglee

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Lee Kuan Meng
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
The cases have no effect on image processing at all, but they can help to organize your gear. E.g. case A for B&W films, case B for retro look combos, case C for sharp&clean&saturated stuff, case D for your favorites on holiday trip. The benefit is, you can very fast recognize wether the right gear category is selected now. But, of course, this says nothing about actual selected cembo. So this benefit is very limited. Unless you have all 37 cases and a maximum of 37 favourites and you mark each combo with different case. I think it is mostly a styling gadget. I always use only the standard black case all the time.
Thank you for letting us know the purpose of the case and their use

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I'd always say I was going to organize stuff with cases, but I never did. I just use the beat up black one.... I love it!