NEW Choose an App Tutorial for your MobiCommunity HERE... :)

Venomator

MobiLifer
MobiStaff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro
WELCOME to the MobiTog App Tutorial Selector Thread... :whistle:

Following an awesome suggestion by Mel (mahoganyturtle) in another app review thread, we thought it would be great to name some key apps that we would like to see a Tutorial for here on MobiTog... :inlove:

We would love to see key apps allocated for Tutorial, to some of our more experienced members, to assist all of the MobiCommunity and especially those new to the MobiCommunity and just starting out in iPhoneography... :thumbs:

So, without further ado, we will list all those apps, below, we would love to have Tutorialised/have been Tutorialised here in this post, together with the name of the MobiMember who wishes to contribute an App Tutorial to the Community, for everyone's benefit... :notworthy:

We will keep the OP updated with any further suggestions any of you may have for App Tutorials as we progress... ;)

If you wish to carry out the App Tutorial for any of the apps listed, or others that aren't, please tell us in this thread and we will make the necessary amendments... :cool:

Each App Tutorial should then be added to the App Tutorial Section here, as a NEW thread, so that MobiMembers can comment, contribute to, or even add further Tutorials/mini-tutorials of their own, including updates as they occur and keep the information in the same thread... :look:

As the App Tutorial is completed please tell us and we will add a link to the relevant thread alongside the App Tutorial List below... :coffee:

So, here is the current list of App Tutorials your Community would like to see completed...

Image Blender -
645 Pro -
Hipstamatic > Vivi (Veevs)
PhotoGene2 -
Camera+ -
Snapseed > Bryan (bpahia)
Scratchcam > Lisa (lisamjw)
Laminar -
Slow Shutter -
FilterStorm -
PhotoWizard > Emanuel (M_A_N_E)
iColorama > Teresa (iColorama)
Decim8 -

There will be more, just name them and we will add them to the list, or name the one you wish to Tutorialise and we will, likewise, add your name to the Hall of MobiTutorial Fame... :notworthy:

Thank you all and to Mel for the suggestion, now let's get this thing started... :D

Is there an expert on Laminar? I (and 2 other friends) really struggling with it - cannot get the masking to work at all! I thought it would be just like Iris where you can blend one image with another and mask out certain areas, but we are totally defeated on this!

So if anyone knows the ins and outs would love to see a tutorial! Thanks :D

I'll be glad to write one for Scratchcam if you would like.
You are a star Lisa... :inlove:

Your wish is my command and you have been duly allocated... :notworthy:

Is there an expert on Laminar? I (and 2 other friends) really struggling with it - cannot get the masking to work at all! I thought it would be just like Iris where you can blend one image with another and mask out certain areas, but we are totally defeated on this!
So if anyone knows the ins and outs would love to see a tutorial! Thanks :D
Ohhh and another one if anyone is an expert - Slow Shutter!
Both added Vivi, thanks... :thumbs:

Now just waiting for 'volunteers from among your fellow MobiMembers... :whistle:

:rog:

Could I also suggest that we add in the Weekend Bargains Essential Apps list (those that aren't already included) currently being polled? Should be finalising that it in a few days.

richardcb said:
Could I also suggest that we add in the Weekend Bargains Essential Apps list (those that aren't already included) currently being polled? Should be finalising that it in a few days.

Good idea!

Great idea!! I added FilterStorm to the list as I'd love to become fluent in this app. :D

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Great idea!! I added FilterStorm to the list as I'd love to become fluent in this app. :D

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

thanks Cat, I really like filterstorm's clean interface, ie the sliders don't cover the image, but layers and parts of masking elude me . the tutorials are so fast that I cannot follow them, soooo maybe someone can clarify the procedures.

Hold the phone ladies and gents!!! There is a stickie thread under App Reviews that is running parallel to this one. Mel has already volunteered to write a tutorial on Snapspeed over on that thread!!

lisamjw said:
Hold the phone ladies and gents!!! There is a stickie thread under App Reviews that is running parallel to this one. Mel has already volunteered to write a tutorial on Snapspeed over on that thread!!

Okay after another look I think Mel volunteered to do the review of Snapspeed and Bryan has volunteered to do the tutorial. I'm totally confused and I apologize if I've confused anyone else!!!

lisamjw said:
Okay after another look I think Mel volunteered to do the review of Snapspeed and Bryan has volunteered to do the tutorial. I'm totally confused and I apologize if I've confused anyone else!!!

As I posted in the 'other' thread it is probably me confusing everyone by being over zealous with my ambitions Lisa... ;)

Following Mel's suggestion about allocating app reviews to those that know I thought it might be sensible to try and cover a Review plus a Tutorial for as many of the commonly used apps as our awesome MobiMembers can muster... :whistle:

I have also clarified 'Review' & 'Tutorial' in that other thread and will add relevant bits to the OP in each thread to try and un-confuse (de-fuse? lol ) the meanings... ;)

Putting both up at the same time was likely to cause confusion because of the similarities, apologies for that... :(

I still believe if we can harness the skills, experience and knowledge of all our members and publish Reviews and Tutorials in this way it will be a great information resource for the MobiCommunity, new members and longer serving alike... :D

From MiPhone4S via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Venomator said:
As I posted in the 'other' thread it is probably me confusing everyone by being over zealous with my ambitions Lisa... ;)

Following Mel's suggestion about allocating app reviews to those that know I thought it might be sensible to try and cover a Review plus a Tutorial for as many of the commonly used apps as our awesome MobiMembers can muster... :whistle:

I have also clarified 'Review' & 'Tutorial' in that other thread and will add relevant bits to the OP in each thread to try and un-confuse (de-fuse? lol ) the meanings... ;)

Putting both up at the same time was likely to cause confusion because of the similarities, apologies for that... :(

I still believe if we can harness the skills, experience and knowledge of all our members and publish Reviews and Tutorials in this way it will be a great information resource for the MobiCommunity, new members and longer serving alike... :D

From MiPhone4S via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

No need to apologize Rog! I also need to read more closely and less quickly!!! No matter what, this is a good "problem" to have...great ideas and folks interested in pursuing them.

As certain apps can be used in multiple ways, I'm sure that there can be multiple tutorials for the same app. I'm pretty sure that everyone who uses ImageBlender gets different results out of it, just as Snapseed is capable of a variety of different results. It would be kinda cool to see how different people use the same app. I bet we'd all be surprised at all the different results.

I'll be glad to write one for Scratchcam if you would like.
This is a fantastic idea, and I'll happily write something up for Snapseed.
I will write about PhotoWizard if any interest about?
mmm..and I assume I could make somes...even if that is at the top of my list as (famously) explained here ;)
Brilliant start guys 'n gals, thank you so much for your contributions to come for what we hope will be an awesome resource for MobiMembers and iPhoneography generally, THANK YOU... :notworthy::inlove::thumbs:

Great article Teresa, but it would be great if you could reduce the gap between idea and end product... :lmao:

So, that gets the party started, but keep the apps and the Tutorial volunteerings coming PLEASE... :rog:

As certain apps can be used in multiple ways, I'm sure that there can be multiple tutorials for the same app. I'm pretty sure that everyone who uses ImageBlender gets different results out of it, just as Snapseed is capable of a variety of different results. It would be kinda cool to see how different people use the same app. I bet we'd all be surprised at all the different results.
Absolutely spot on Bryan... :thumbs:

The idea will be to keep all Tutorials for one app in a single thread so the resource is relatively easy to find... :coffee:

The first Tutorial for an app will be the pathfinder toot and, hopefully, pave the way for the multitude of follow-up Tutorials that show the full extent and capabilities of each app over time... :rog:

How much of information would be needed for a tutorial on Hipstamatic as it is fairly straight forward? I would be happy to write one up but there wouldn't be much to say apart from how to save favorites, access them and delete them?

Veevs said:
How much of information would be needed for a tutorial on Hipstamatic as it is fairly straight forward? I would be happy to write one up but there wouldn't be much to say apart from how to save favorites, access them and delete them?

You are right; Hipsta is pretty straightforward. Maybe you could also add some info about the "little" things (e.g. how to purchase new paks from within the phone, how to alphabetize film and lens for easier access, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom