Christmas Bling 2020

AF1B590D-2431-42EB-8541-3B2E39630BEA.jpeg

Pretty simple, but I don’t mind.

Christmas story so far... a two parter.
I brought down xmas from the attic yesterday, a couple of weeks earlier than normal. The damp patch has gotten significantly worse over the last couple of months and when we got the decorations down there's some limited water damage on the odd item. Luckily I have some ready mix mortar specifically for this job and as I'd had to move things and rearrange the attic to get to xmas, I cleared a workspace beneath the window, got the steps out and got to work.
View attachment 162552
An hour with a wire brush to clean the surface, bucket, mix and trowel, and weather proofing in place.

Sorting out the roof mostly meant I missed putting up the decorations. Traditionally we have the Christmas Pigeon at the top of out tree. Coincidentally, our halloween severed foot was in the christmas box.
View attachment 162553
This year, 'Er in lockdown bought a grotesque 4 foot, illuminated Santa 's head originally used as a commercial/retail decoration and hung it up during the week of halloween, thus blurring the distinction.
View attachment 162554

As boundaries are already blurred and the severed foot turned up in traditional red and white christmas colours, I suggested, partly joking and serious at the same time, that we drop the Christmas Pigeon this year and start a new family tradition of the Christmas Severed Foot topping our christmas tree. 'Er in lockdown smiled at the humour but didn't bite at the idea.
Shortly afterwards, our eldest came down from his darkend bedroom, you know, the existential "all I see is black" dead inside teen. He saw the christmas pigeon on top of the tree and got excited at the prospect of designing a new christmas pigeon topper for our tree this year. I can't in all good faith, deny him his christmas pigeon excitement.
And that's the definition of good parenting: Letting go of your own hopes and dreams of a christmas severed foot so your children can hope and dream of a shiney new christmas pigeon.
Awesome. :lol:

One of My Favorite Things is your Christmas pigeon tree topper. :inlove: (but that severed foot is SO Rizole :lol: )

The only one that has me mystified is the sausage on the end of the fishing line

Me, too. I think it lets you roast your sausage and your marshmallows at the same time. Could be useful in the right circumstances, but probably not an everyday kind of thing.

Not a camper, then? Have your roasted wieners and s’mores, too. I am a little concerned by the plastic looking “rod”. Dangling over a fire might be a bit risky.

I saw it on a place called ‘uncommon goods

AUSTRALIAN JINGLE BELLS

Dashing through the bush, in a rusty Holden Ute, Kicking up the dust, esky in the boot, Kelpie by my side, singing Christmas songs, It's Summer time and I am in my singlet, shorts and thongs

Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day, Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut !, Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute.

Engine's getting hot; we dodge the kangaroos, The swaggie climbs aboard, he is welcome too. All the family's there, sitting by the pool, Christmas Day the Aussie way, by the barbecue.

Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day, Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!, Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute.

Come the afternoon, Grandpa has a doze, The kids and Uncle Bruce, are swimming in their clothes. The time comes 'round to go, we take the family snap, Pack the car and all shoot through, before the washing up.

Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day, Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!, Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, every time I try to organise the text, even in my posts, there’s a glitch and part of the text gets deleted! So there’s a bunch of words for you to sort through. It’s worth it anyway :D

Last edited by a moderator:
AUSTRALIAN JINGLE BELLS
Dashing through the bush, in a rusty Holden Ute, Kicking up the dust, esky in the boot, Kelpie by my side, singing Christmas songs, It's Summer time and I am in my singlet, shorts and thongs Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day, Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut !, Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute. Engine's getting hot; we dodge the kangaroos, The swaggie climbs aboard, he is welcome too. All the family's there, sitting by the pool, Christmas Day the Aussie way, by the barbecue. Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day, Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!, Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute. Come the afternoon, Grandpa has a doze, The kids and Uncle Bruce, are swimming in their clothes. The time comes 'round to go, we take the family snap, Pack the car and all shoot through, before the washing up. Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day, Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!, Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, every time I try to organise the text, even in my posts, there’s a glitch and part of the text gets deleted! So there’s a bunch of words for you to sort through. It’s worth it anyway :D
I love the utube clip

Back
Top Bottom