Christmas Lights in your ‘hood

The houses here are so far apart and the traffic so light that you wonder who will ever see any lights you put up.
On our way home from Moncton we pass through the town of Riverview.
View attachment 103418
The Main Street parallels the Petitcodiac river and there is about 25 feet of land between the road and river. Just enough for some grass, a row of trees, and a walking path. It is along this 1/2 km stretch that the town focuses its decorative efforts. It can be seen from the other side of the river as well but it is very far away from anywhere you can get to to take a picture and would need a long telephoto lens.
View attachment 103420
We followed the walking path (in the pouring rain) to catch the lights before all the snow melted.
View attachment 103419
Just for fun.
Now over to Safari to add the last one.
Very festive!
I’ve still got to wander my neighborhood but it’s soooooo cold! When I get home I just want to get inside and get toasty.

I’m wondering if this duality between metric and imperial measure is a Canadian thing or if this is common in other countries, too.
Still common in the uk. Measuring jugs have imperial and metric scales as do rules and tape measures. And although fluids in bottles are all sold in mls or litres we still refer to "pints of milk".
Clothing sizes are mostly in inches (men's at least - women's sizing I can't claim to understand) and distance is in miles. We have both temperature scales but lean towards Celsius.
I think we're stuck with both systems even though the push for metric has been going on for a few decades now. We probably need a few more generations to pass before it gets proper traction.

My snowman light...
48f1cf6a-c48c-4b92-b95c-a818059ad0cb-jpeg.103417

Back
Top Bottom