• MobiTog Has Moved!

The MobiTog mobile photography community lived here from 2010 to 2024. Thanks to all who joined us over the years and made it such a great place. We've now moved to Discord and hope you'll join us there.

This site is now closed. Until the end of June, you can still view threads and images here, but you won't be able to post anything new. At the end of June, the site will disappear.

If you're a MobiTog member, you can join MobiTog on Discord by opening a free Discord account and then following this invitation link. If you run into problems joining, you can send us an email.

Classic Lo-Fi 0.3 mp

Gold fish! Philips E560 + Pixlr
IMG00016.jpg
IMG00016_20171224141831220.jpg

Did not understand what it means to dig?
What zenjenny said. Like a lot of slang, it can also be used other ways: "You dig?" equals "Do you understand?" for example.

This started me thinking about where the term came from. I don't know, for certain, but for me it conjures up images of beatniks from the 1950s. Imagine them sitting around in a hole-in-the-wall coffee place, drinking espresso, smoking cigarettes, idly reading a paperback by Alan Watts or Jack Kerouac, jazz or folk music playing in the background. For the men: black turtlenecks, berets, goatees, dark glasses. For the women: black leotards, long straight hair, oversized sweater, dark glasses, no beard.

What zenjenny said. Like a lot of slang, it can also be used other ways: "You dig?" equals "Do you understand?" for example.

This started me thinking about where the term came from. I don't know, for certain, but for me it conjures up images of beatniks from the 1950s. Imagine them sitting around in a hole-in-the-wall coffee place, drinking espresso, smoking cigarettes, idly reading a paperback by Alan Watts or Jack Kerouac, jazz or folk music playing in the background. For the men: black turtlenecks, berets, goatees, dark glasses. For the women: black leotards, long straight hair, oversized sweater, dark glasses, no beard.
I understand you! Slang generation 50-60.
“Фильтруй базар, когда шнурки в стакане”
Фильтруй базар - watch your speech
шнурки в стакане - parents are home
Translation by Google absolutely senseless - "Filter the bazaar when the laces in the glass"

Maynard G. Krebs!

Absolutely!! :D

I understand you! Slang generation 50-60.
“Фильтруй базар, когда шнурки в стакане”
Фильтруй базар - watch your speech
шнурки в стакане - parents are home
Translation by Google absolutely senseless - "Filter the bazaar when the laces in the glass"
Haha!!! Now that's funny.... :D

Concert of modern Russian bits. women with a beard are not seen. (Philips e560, as is)
IMG00062.jpg

Back
Top Bottom