APPstract CLOSED: APPStract #44 ❤️Love❤️

o_O Thanks for stepping out some of your process here, Kevin. We have so much variety in our appstract artists here - certainly more than I notice in other forums - so this thread is an endless stream of different ways of seeing/making. Whoever said there is nothing new under the sun should visit MobiTog APPstract :D
I’m often asking others what apps they’ve used and there work flow. I can understand that most people, myself included, just like to add a quick description and post

Procreate

527447E5-2168-42B9-AD89-AF8D10725FDC.png

EA9AB04A-1915-4638-83F6-761737BBF104.jpeg

Love off-center
FotoDa provided the superimposition of the heart and intersecting lines. iColorama and Percolator provided most of the rest, some before and some after FotoDa. If I had done the superimposition myself, I probably would have put the heart right in the middle, but I think FotoDa's eccentric placement is better (which is why I picked it up and started fiddling with it again).

View attachment 162312

Love off-center
FotoDa provided the superimposition of the heart and intersecting lines. iColorama and Percolator provided most of the rest, some before and some after FotoDa. If I had done the superimposition myself, I probably would have put the heart right in the middle, but I think FotoDa's eccentric placement is better (which is why I picked it up and started fiddling with it again).
Great colours and the Heart placement works well

View attachment 162138Always find this process very meditative. I try to use my original captures as much as possible. Used Juxtaposer with the latest update which allows you to download images from “Unsplash” which is where I sourced the hands with cherries image. Used “Humans” app from Brainsfevermedia for the cello player and lightning effects. One of my new favourite apps is “DestroyPix” which I used for the long “tongue” and pixelating the edges of the hands. DistressedFX for the filter
Nominated for Image of the Month - November.

I will be closing this thread this weekend, then there will be short hiatus, We will resume after the festive season has passed and we are trapped in the cold, dark winter. (Apologies to those on the sunny side of the world.)

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED!
At your leisure sinnerjohn John!
Look for the next APPStract in
February!

In the meantime any APPStract, Photo Impressionistic, or ICM that happens
you can post it here.

Last edited:
I think John Lennon wrote 'Love is an abstract concept that comes and goes, whether you like it or not. It exists without words or without philosophy or without discussion.'
So I thought maybe we could create some abstract images around an abstract idea.

On the whole I was impressed with an varied depiction of love. Interesting that many of you went for red tones, colour of love?
Honourable mentions go to ImageArt and Starzee.
But proving I'm possibly not the right person to judge an abstract thread, I've gone for an image that is probably least abstract like. Although as the thread was re-christened Appstract it covers almost anything, even my own humble images.

What better image to depict love than a birthday celebration of a child. Birthday Love by zenjenny

1607448586681.png

I think John Lennon wrote 'Love is an abstract concept that comes and goes, whether you like it or not. It exists without words or without philosophy or without discussion.'
So I thought maybe we could create some abstract images around an abstract idea.

On the whole I was impressed with an varied depiction of love. Interesting that many of you went for red tones, colour of love?
But proving I'm possibly not the right person to judge an abstract thread, I've gone for an image that is probably least abstract like. Although as the thread was re-christened Appstract it covers almost anything, even my own humble images.

What better image to depict love than a birthday celebration of a child. Birthday Love by zenjenny

View attachment 162606
Yay Jen!!! It is a beautiful representation of love!

Congrats to Ann, too, and thanks for my mention.

Aw thank you, John. And thank you for the theme: I must say I’ve never seen a picture of a child looking at a birthday cake that I didn't like.
Congrats Ann and Star :inlove:

View attachment 162606
A beauty. Look at the joy on that little face. Love the edit. :notworthy:

Lovely image, Jen. Well done! And thanks for my honourable, John. I’m in great company with Star. :)

Back
Top Bottom