CLOSED CLOSED - HALF PRICE OFFER - Training Course with Bob Weil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, I signed up before seeing the link at Mobitog. :( So sorry!!
That's great news, please tell us what you think once you have got into the course, and absolutely no need to apologise idieuwke... ;)

We will see if the kind hearted Bob Egraphic will still consider allocating your registration to MobiTog as you are such a long standing member, after all... :rog:

That's great news, please tell us what you think once you have got into the course, and absolutely no need to apologise idieuwke... ;)

We will see if the kind hearted Bob Egraphic will still consider allocating your registration to MobiTog as you are such a long standing member, after all... :rog:
My first impression: I'm blown away with the creativity and imagination witnessed in the workflow shown and explained in the video's I've seen so far.

Batting my cyber eylashes at the kind hearted sir Bob Egraphic to please consider my registration to have come from here and here alone. :inlove:

My first impression: I'm blown away with the creativity and imagination witnessed in the workflow shown and explained in the video's I've seen so far.

Batting my cyber eylashes at the kind hearted sir Bob Egraphic to please consider my registration to have come from here and here alone. :inlove:
Thank you for the update and plead to Bob, I am sure he will take note... :D

There is still time to take advantage of the HALF PRICE DISCOUNT offered by Bob during the first two weeks of this awesome course - A fantastic deal for a fantastic course... :thumbs:

So, what are you waiting for?

Do NOT forget to use the special MobiTog link to make sure of your discount and register as a MobiMember... :notworthy:

Click here to check out the iPhone Photo Art Composition Course < Buyers will enjoy immediate access to the course and the excellent course material already available as well as plenty more to be added at no extra cost once signed up.

Enjoy... :rog:

HURRY, HURRY... :eek:

FINAL WEEK of the HALF PRICE DISCOUNT offered during the first two weeks of this awesome course - A fantastic deal for a fantastic course... :thumbs:

Use the special MobiTog link, BELOW, to make sure of your discount and register as a MobiMember... :notworthy:

CLICK HERE to check out the iPhone Photo Art Composition Course

Buyers enjoy immediate access to the course and the excellent course material already available as well as plenty more to be added at no extra cost once signed up.

Enjoy... :rog:

I've just signed up for the course as I did a days overtime specifically to pay for it. Just seeing the introduction page makes you aware of what is to come, pure class modules covering every aspect of iPhoneography.

Really looking forward to watching and reading each module and hopefully posting my work.

Thank you for such a great offer and discount!!

I've just signed up for the course as I did a days overtime specifically to pay for it. Just seeing the introduction page makes you aware of what is to come, pure class modules covering every aspect of iPhoneography.

Really looking forward to watching and reading each module and hopefully posting my work.

Thank you for such a great offer and discount!!
That's brilliant Chris, thanks for letting us know and kudos to you for working O/T to make sure you picked up the offer... :thumbs:

We hope you enjoy it and find it as rewarding as we believe it is... ;)

By the by, did you use the special MobiLink to register?... :rog:

Hello Everyone, Its been very long time since I visited Mobitog . I am pretty busy these days as my Exams are coming up. I subscribed to Sir Bob's Course on iPhoneography today and eagerly waiting to get my hands on it :)

Hello Everyone, Its been very long time since I visited Mobitog . I am pretty busy these days as my Exams are coming up. I subscribed to Sir Bob's Course on iPhoneography today and eagerly waiting to get my hands on it :)
Hey Udit, welcome back to the MobiFamily... :thumbs:

Great to hear from you and brilliant that you have signed up to Bob's awesome course too (using the MobiLinky we hope?)... :D

We wish you well in your exams and hope you will pop by occasionally to let us know how it's going and what you think of the Course... :rog:

Hello Rog :) Thanks for the wishes. Yeah , I was checking my emails and when its from MOBITOG you can expect some great surprises , read this whole post and couldn't resist so subscribed to the course using the link. :)

I view his work and think: stay far away. No offense, but the proof is in the work. I see literally nothing to learn and am surprised you're pushing this all too expensive course. Mobile knowledge should be shared in a WIDE OPEN SOURCE not charged for like it's priviledged knowledge. Mr. Weils is definitely not, and if you're profiting you should make that transparent in your endorsement. Anything else is unethical. These far too expensive courses give mobile a bad name. The MPA is doing the same thing and it's a cheap joke. Stay far away.

Fellow passionate mobile photographer's of all styles who have come here because you wish to make meaningful images, Bob Weil will not make you a better photographer or artist EVER. He might make you make 1 or 2 images just like him. Do you really want that? Take your hard earned money and spend it on photo books by the masters like Erwitt, Winogrand and countless others who have come before us to capture meaningful and striking images of our time. Everything you need to know is there for you, a book lasts a lifetime and is money far better spent. I have nothing against Mr. Weil, but I have no idea, based on his work, where he gets the idea he can charge you 100.00 to share whatever knowledge he thinks he's garnered in a couple years of taking pictures with his phone. Follow your own path, study the greats, take lots of photos, there are no classes or easy paths that will suddenly make you better, but there is the joy of your own journey. Invest in that fully and completely. Share what you learn with others FOR FREE. Everything else is a medicine show.

Last edited:
Reactions: RWR
Sorry lazaro, but I don't think your criticisms are appropriate.

First, I want to thank Bob for the hard work he's doing for promoting mobile photography. I know that this is not an easy field to work in, especially when facing unfounded criticism like yours.

It's obvious that you didn't purchase the course, and yet you're saying that people are not going to learn anything from the course... which already makes me question everything you say.

And while it's nice to dream of a world where all the best training is available for free, would you spend months of your time creating an in-depth mobile photography course without expecting anything in return? If so, why haven't you done it?

This course might not be valuable for you, and that's OK, nobody is forcing you to buy it. In fact, I doubt you would be getting anything out of the course with this attitude. But that doesn't mean this course is not valuable to other people.

Would it be possible to learn all of this for free online? Probably, knowledge itself isn't scarce, but time is, and courses like this allow people to shortcut their learning by months or sometimes years because the instructor has already done all the research and experimentation and can present his knowledge in a concise and easy-to-learn manner.

In full discourse, I also sell a premium iPhone photography course focusing on taking better photos, which means that I have a much deeper understanding of this situation. And despite the tuition, which for my course is higher, 98% of my students are extremely satisfied with the course. The other 2% get a refund, which Bob is offering as well.

lazaro - Thank you for posting your own, alternate and rather personal views on the subject matter of this discussion. There will always be conflicting views, on almost any topic under the sun, we do not intend to shy away from hearing both reasoned, constructive and sensible points of view, in any discussions here on MobiTog.

However, as you will already know, we like our discussions and all things MobiTog to be kept on a friendly, constructive and non-emotive level, which, for some reason lately, you seem to openly choose to ignore. Please be respectful of all other parties status and views with your comments and criticisms and do not allow personal feelings and emotions cloud your commentaries here on MobiTog.

If you do have reason to criticise anyone, or anything, here on MobiTog, please do not use the public discussion Sections for such postings, rather, as advised previously, take your observations to private conversations via DM or, preferably, outside of MobiTog completely.

You should also be aware the running costs of this community are forever escalating and, in the main, whilst we have received some very generous donations, which we are eternally grateful to everyone for, the running costs are still paid for from our own private funding.

So, whilst we are not 'profiting' as you suggest form promoting Bob Weil's (Egraphic) course, we have made it very clear from the outset that we will receive a small commission from each MobiMember registration. Any such commission will be used entirely for running and improving MobiTog, for the good of all of our members, including yourself, which is something we should all recognise and appreciate.

Unlike you, we have fully evaluated the course for ourselves, as a pre-condition to working so closely with Bob and his team. We have also sought third party confirmation from other well respected and long-standing members of the Mobile Photography movement agreeing Bob Weil's course is professionally presented, very extensive in content, expansive and expanding (at no extra cost), provides a lasting life-long reference and also a full, no questions, 100% money back satisfaction guarantee. As such, this course provides excellent value for money, in the scheme of things and, with the start-up discount of 50% is even better value.

iPhonePS has already tried to explain the time, effort and commitment required to provide such a valuable resource and we can only wholeheartedly support his comments from our own limited knowledge of such works, never having compiled anything like it ourselves.

MobiTog has an obligation to all of its membership to alert them to any and all information, new products and services and opportunities that are out there and may benefit our members, one way or another. We try to do so on an individual and unbiased manner and it is entirely up to individual members what they do with the information. Not all information is useful to all, or any, of the MobiCommunity all of the time, but we do hope some of the information is useful to some of our members at least some of the time!

Finally, whilst we do, sincerely, value your membership of MobiTog, we must ask you to think before you post any disparaging, rudely contentious, or potentially upsetting statements regarding your fellow members, please!

Thank you for your understanding and future conformance with MobiTog's ethos.

Rog... :rog:

Thanks for the transparency on this matter.

How is charging 87.00 for a course from a so-called "expert" pushing the so-called democratization of photography that mobile is supposed to represent and so many in the MPA like to talk about (even though they too charge for absolutely everything...)

It does not. No amount of side commentary on my educated opinion is going to change that. Like you I think that people should have information pertinent to them. I'm a professional artist living in the western world. I am no expert, but I have over a decade of experience making my living creatively. I'll share the knowledge I've gained until I'm not allowed to; there is nothing emotional/personal in my response whatsoever other than a desire for people to have knowledge to make informed decisions about their art, time and money. That's how I give back. I believe that these courses are not helpful, and give mobile a bad name as an unnecessary cash grab.

I think people should stay away from contests that charge anything but the most minimal admin fee, and should definitely stay away from paying for knowledge that should and can be had for free. Bob Weil, in my humble opinion, has no business charging 100.00 for a course in any kind of photography based on his work. Not to mention what he is offering will most likely be out of date in 8-12 months (we know how fast mobile and apps are moving.)

There are many models to financially support growing communities. Falling back on this argument seems extremely weak to me. But, fortunately, as long as my views are not censored, others can make up their minds for themselves about paying for unaccedrited courses from unaccredited experts.

I strongly disagree with Lazaro. Emil Pakarklis makes his income by teaching photography. He is a very fine teacher. He has given me the tools that I can apply and with practice , maybe create better photos. This certainly is not a "cash grab". His teaching uses just a few apps, and he continually emphasizes that it's not the app that makes the great photo. Bob Weil teaches how with lots of apps and lots of editing you can create what you see in your minds eye. Both of them , emphasize that you must start with a good photo. I have learned so much from them!

I have more to say. I am a dentist. Besides treating disease , there is a very creative ,artistic side of dentistry. That is making teeth look attractive , so that people can have a pleasant smile. This requires knowing how to build restorations that look real. In order for me to learn how to do this ,I take continuing education courses. The teachers are paid. Many of them make the majority of their income from teaching. I am required to take these courses, in order to to renew my license . Photography is an integral part of this and learning to take pictures of teeth is how I started in photography. I had to be taught how to do this!

Mikeraboy - Thanks for the opposite view Mike, as I have already said, there are always two sides to any such discussion and everyone is fully entitled to express them here, as long as they comply with the strong MobiTog ethos of doing so fairly, reasonably and without inflaming any situation or upsetting fellow MobiMembers... :thumbs:

lazaro - when you are able to compile a similar mobile photography video training course that appeals to our membership, containing the same quality and depth of training material, offered by the two alternatives discussed here, and offer them to MobiTog members Free of Charge, we will welcome the offering and dedicate as much time and effort to promoting such a generous offering to the MobiCommunity?

Until such time, we will continue to ensure our membership has all the opportunity to review and take up any such training they may see fit to spend their money on, or not as the case may be, with the complete freedom of choice that we all, as adults and individuals, have the right to make for ourselves.

We do not tell anyone what they should, or as importantly, should not spend their own hard-earned cash on! We simply try to give them as much unbiased and factual information as we possibly can to enable everyone to make an informed decision with!

Likewise, it is not for you, or anyone else, to tell MobiMembers not to spend their money in any way they feel, having reviewed all the available information, will be of benefit to them, as individuals, exercising their right so to do.

Mikeraboy - Thanks for the opposite view Mike, as I have already said, there are always two sides to any such discussion and everyone is fully entitled to express them here, as long as they comply with the strong MobiTog ethos of doing so fairly, reasonably and without inflaming any situation or upsetting fellow MobiMembers... :thumbs:

lazaro - when you are able to compile a similar mobile photography video training course that appeals to our membership, containing the same quality and depth of training material, offered by the two alternatives discussed here, and offer them to MobiTog members Free of Charge, we will welcome the offering and dedicate as much time and effort to promoting such a generous offering to the MobiCommunity?

Until such time, we will continue to ensure our membership has all the opportunity to review and take up any such training they may see fit to spend their money on, or not as the case may be, with the complete freedom of choice that we all, as adults and individuals, have the right to make for ourselves.

We do not tell anyone what they should, or as importantly, should not spend their own hard-earned cash on! We simply try to give them as much unbiased and factual information as we possibly can to enable everyone to make an informed decision with!

Likewise, it is not for you, or anyone else, to tell MobiMembers not to spend their money in any way they feel, having reviewed all the available information, will be of benefit to them, as individuals, exercising their right so to do.

I just don't think your objective enough about this to try and lecture me about this car sale. The public record here remains, and I'm glad there's a forum here to disagree in public. There's nothing wrong with healthy disagreement, many would say it's the foundation of progress. I say again: buy books, go out and shoot, learn from the masters and those who have come before in all areas of the visual arts, follow your own path. Be wary of expensive miracle online courses offered by amateurs whose Pinterest board (or whatever) basically speaks for itself.

It's dawn, headed out to shoot.

I just don't think your objective enough about this to try and lecture me about this car sale. The public record here remains, and I'm glad there's a forum here to disagree in public. There's nothing wrong with healthy disagreement, many would say it's the foundation of progress. I say again: buy books, go out and shoot, learn from the masters and those who have come before in all areas of the visual arts, follow your own path. Be wary of expensive miracle online courses offered by amateurs whose Pinterest board (or whatever) basically speaks for itself.

It's dawn, headed out to shoot.
And I think you are clearly far too emotive to lecture anyone on objectivity, freedom of expression or freedom of choice!

I suggest you do go shoot and leave this tennis game as it stands, have a very productive and calming day.

We will assume you will not be offering up our suggestion of a free video training course alternative, which is really not surprising considering the sheer volume of time, effort and knowledge such a project would demand of anyone brave enough to undertake...

As this half price offer is now closed, this discussion will be closed for further comment.

Last edited:
Lazaro, unless you live in a commune where all goods and services are freely traded, then you must try and make peace with our consumerist society. Did you attend University? If so, did they give it to you for free? Are not the University Professors paid a salary? Is it not our CHOICE to attend said University and pay the tuition, or also to CHOOSE not to attend and go to the library and learn on our own? Ah, but said library many times charges a fee to join and benefit from reading their books. :sneaky:

So, I would encourage you to take some of your emotional energy and create a course and post it up here on MobiTog. Since you feel so passionately about this, you will then be giving back to this wonderful community and freely sharing your knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom