Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Time Stamp - Phase 3

New Changes to Time Stamp: We have decided to dispense with the Wrap-up and the Grand Wrapper-Upper and see how that goes. No more favourite photo picked each week. In addition to posting our 2pm photos and the usual exchanges about photos and stories, the focus has changed to enjoying Time Stamp as a happening in itself.

If you have any ideas to make Time Stamp more fun please share them with us.
-------------------------------------
Join the intrepid Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Normally there is no theme, but it could happen sometime so watch out:). Set your phone alarm or alert to go off at 2pm. Wherever you happen to be at that time make some photos that tell us something about your location, what you are doing, what you see, whatever is happening, or make something happen. An important detail is that your picture(s) must be made between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. See what others are doing in many places around the world.

If you would like some extra challenge to your Time Stamp activities make use of the opportunity to develop your ability to come up with good photos on the spot, or on demand, even when it seems there is nothing around to work with, and even if you don’t feel the least bit inspired. To discover the extraordinary among the ordinary. This is the skill of a photojournalist. Too often people only make photos when they feel inspired or when the weather is nice. It is about learning and personal growth. Sharpening your powers of observation and then igniting creativity to create something out of nothing. It is also the ability to make a good photo that can stand on it’s own without relying on a bunch of editing to prop it up. Time Stamp is also about sharing how you feel about the situations/subjects you discover. Since there will be no wrap-up, perhaps we will make more detailed comments about photos.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.
• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.
• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar.
• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. Try not to overuse this loophole.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I’m in! I’ll be at the Island County Fair on Whidbey Island for my 40th High School Reunion. Should be something different for sure! :lol:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Sorry folks, playing the second round in the ladies club champs.
I’ve been searching for a camera app that will take a picture at a preset time, but with no luck. Instead I came across Flow Shot and Motion Sensor. You set up your phone in a stationary position, for instance clamped to your golf bag, pointed in the right direction. When the camera detects motion it makes a series of photos or video until it detects the motion has stopped. They were really made to detect motion such as an approaching mountain bike or other activity, skier, runner, etc. I can imagine it working best at a situation like a golfer playing off a tee. It would detect the beginning of the backswing and keep going until they finished. A fast motion sequence of a golf swing would be interesting to look at but I doubt if you could do it during a tournament.
I guess everyone uses electric golf carts these days to speed up play rather than pulling a 2-wheeled golf cart around on foot.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m in! I’ll be at the Island County Fair on Whidbey Island for my 40th High School Reunion. Should be something different for sure! :lol:
I hope you have fun. If my class had a 40th reunion a few years back I never heard about it. I don’t think the schools I attended are still there. The reunion would have to be somewhere else.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I thought I’ll post pictures from our CSD (Christopher Street Day) and I’m sure it would have been fun, but when the alert went off, I was still on my balcony, looking for images to post on MobiColour. I’m there till 10am, read a bit and then thought “blimey! Took colours and had no time to edit, now I have! When I’m leaving at 12 I’ll be early enough in the city.” So I did, then found a game on my mobile and with all of that I’ve got lost. :( But to be honest I would have off at 11 already when the weather would have been nice. At this very moment the rain stopped. And it was not heavy rain, just enough to humid the air and pretend it’s cold. So I waited a bit longer and longer and now I’m still home. So when the 1.59 pm alarm went I thought I could get back to my balcony this time with the Macro lens attached. And when I was through I took the same pictures again with Hipstamatic in its “original size”.
6pod, macro lens & Fokus [+] or Hipstamatic, joint in TwinViewer

Pepper’s mint (soon to bloom)

E68049F2-85FA-4E9A-8016-B6C99D15C6BE.jpeg

The poor strawberries

8A4E845D-03E0-497C-915D-AEE1F29BDE6A.jpeg

The forest strawberries (so tiny coming up, biggest leaf approx 2 mm)

CDBB9B53-A3C7-4652-9A37-D417955F31C2.jpeg

The moss

2D5B0662-F96C-42E5-9793-266557E63BFB.jpeg

The weeds (last 10 buds of soooo many)

86742541-B1CB-4D20-A324-98ED1C263687.jpeg

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
Got a new pc for my eldest for his birthday and finishing it off today. I always start projects like this with too much confidence and too little time. I got a bare bones pc, case, mobo, memory and processor, to save money. Saving money on extras and peripherals meant I could afford better specs on what I did get for him. The final component arrived today, a dvi-d to vga converter. Installed the graphics and DVD drive. The cat has been a huge help.
20180721_141511.jpg

20180721_141909-01.jpeg

And because pcs aren't very interesting. A flower.
20180721_141421.jpg

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Got a new pc for my eldest for his birthday and finishing it off today. I always start projects like this with too much confidence and too little time. I got a bare bones pc, case, mobo, memory and processor, to save money. Saving money on extras and peripherals meant I could afford better specs on what I did get for him. The final component arrived today, a dvi-d to vga converter. Installed the graphics and DVD drive. The cat has been a huge help.
View attachment 112041
View attachment 112044
View attachment 112045
And a very unusual flower it is, too.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Friday I started the day working on the car. Motor oil and filter change, top up rear differential case, couldn’t get the plug open on the front transfer case. Then just after lunch we decided on the spur of the moment to go camping for the weekend. Abandoned car work work for another day and started packing.
To set the scene, here is our campsite, in the middle of tall hemlock trees.
41539E33-940D-41E1-BBF7-4C3534ACAA30.jpeg

This was just before I went kayaking first thing this morning.
At 2pm we were kayaking in the Northwest Branch of the Richibucto river, just around the corner from the Atlantic Ocean.
12F863FB-40DC-4FBA-B46D-D660A2FD97A4.jpeg

This is where the river meets the tidal salt water and it is the bay where Fabi used to live so it was very much in her old front yard that we were kayaking.
9C1B7678-9970-46F0-A90A-9FF50406834F.jpeg

Here we were exploring the ice-damaged wharf. Out beyond the wharf is the back side of Kouchibouguac National Park. And between the wharf and Kouchibouguac is the channel to open water.
72A75876-EF08-4DF3-A556-FFC79C564DCA.jpeg

Here we are more or less facing Fabi’s old house (outside the picture to the left). A fisherman owns it now.
Beautiful weather and lots of places to kayak, although better in the morning before the power boat owners have time to make a trip to the bank to get enough money for some more gas.

Last edited:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 112041
View attachment 112044
View attachment 112045
I suppose the cat has been a big help by keeping its fur out of the computer.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Primula vialii. I've never seen a primula quite like it.
I remember in a past MobiColor I suggested the theme “colour combinations in nature“. This primula shows exactly the sort of colour combination I had in mind. Those two colours seem rather unlikely together but there they are and it makes me wonder why. I wonder about a lot of things.

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I was actually somewhere other than my bed today at 2! I set an alarm to make sure I didn’t forget and could participate.

We had a family reunion today with my husband’s side of the family. We have one every summer and my mother in law hosts. She starts planning right after Christmas every year. This year she planned on having lots of outside activities... like badminton, yard Yahtzee (Yardzee), some weird toss game kinda like horseshoes, and water play for the kids. BUT since it’s 10 degrees shy of burning in hell here, the only thing anyone did outside was water balloons. :lmao:
:lol: And they stayed under the awning with fans blowing on them the whole time! :cool:

Anyways, at 2 when my alarm went off, I just started snapping using hipsta. Didn’t edit, just gonna throw up the pics as hipsta took them on random.

First we have Nostalgia. Looking back on pictures of the family. Cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents... going back several generations. My daughter was totally taken back that her dad used to look like a skinny kid. Haha!

7CAAA30C-409E-4070-B1DF-8B3C507EB739.jpeg

It’s hot! One of the kiddos trying to cool down. He chose the fan as his door prize pick. I’ve decided he’s a smart kiddo!

D4D7B23B-05C3-47C1-80D5-F34B8945C01A.jpeg

Games, Games, and more games. There was an over abundance of games to play. Pretty much every table had at least one game going, and some had two or three! This one is of the guys playing Risk (stargraft version). These are mostly my guys. My three boys, my husband (red shirt) and his brother. That’s Ian with his tongue sticking out. I think he’s like this in every picture. Lol

5F747F7D-833E-4B03-A174-A4ED7E67FE0F.jpeg

An extra pic only because it’s the only one my daughter, Katelyn, let me take of her all day. She’s the one with short hair. This is her with her cousin Trinity. They were born two days apart. I had planned to name Katelyn Trinity for most of my pregnancy, but changed it after having a moment while shopping and spontaneously saying out loud that Katelyn needed these adorable shoes. The name Katelyn wasn’t even on my naming list. Trinity’s Mom had no idea I was considering using her name... so long story short, these two almost had the same name :D

F8D9F3FF-1FA5-459D-8ED1-EA68268510E0.jpeg

It was such a fun day.

deepop

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Today is Julia‘s 30th birthday. We are hosting her party hard on her back patio, we’re starting at five and still going strong at 10:30. At 2 o’clock, her boyfriend and another friend were just beginning to prepare the food which took them about 5 hours to complete. They made a Vietnamese bun salad and Vietnamese spring rolls, all from scratch.
Starting
90667668-3E9B-44C2-807B-D46B7E353E7A.jpeg

Flowers for Julia (next to box with spring roll wrappers)
FCA61B51-2D99-4F20-BA82-B8F46563BFD4.jpeg

Chocolate cake (Grace-made). There were also carrot and ice cream cakes.
13D323E6-D6F1-4356-A3EE-491CDCC4C30C.jpeg

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I thought I’ll post pictures from our CSD (Christopher Street Day) and I’m sure it would have been fun, but when the alert went off, I was still on my balcony, looking for images to post on MobiColour. I’m there till 10am, read a bit and then thought “blimey! Took colours and had no time to edit, now I have! When I’m leaving at 12 I’ll be early enough in the city.” So I did, then found a game on my mobile and with all of that I’ve got lost. :( But to be honest I would have off at 11 already when the weather would have been nice. At this very moment the rain stopped. And it was not heavy rain, just enough to humid the air and pretend it’s cold. So I waited a bit longer and longer and now I’m still home. So when the 1.59 pm alarm went I thought I could get back to my balcony this time with the Macro lens attached. And when I was through I took the same pictures again with Hipstamatic in its “original size”.
6pod, macro lens & Fokus [+] or Hipstamatic, joint in TwinViewer

Pepper’s mint (soon to bloom)

View attachment 112033

The poor strawberries

View attachment 112034

The forest strawberries (so tiny coming up, biggest leaf approx 2 mm)

View attachment 112035

The moss

View attachment 112036

The weeds (last 10 buds of soooo many)

View attachment 112037
Love the close ups. Our garden didn’t grow at all. :(

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 112041
View attachment 112044
View attachment 112045
Cats are good at electronics. :lmao: