Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. GOT A NEW DEVICE? You lucky MobiMember - don’t forget to update your Profile!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Stamp Closed: TS143 2pm Saturday Aug-4

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 2 August 2018.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Time Stamp - Phase 3

New Changes to Time Stamp: We have decided to dispense with the Wrap-up and the Grand Wrapper-Upper and see how that goes. No more favourite photo picked each week. In addition to posting our 2pm photos and the usual exchanges about photos and stories, the focus has changed to enjoying Time Stamp as a happening in itself.

If you have any ideas to make Time Stamp more fun please share them with us.
    -------------------------------------
    Join the intrepid Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is made, the creation date and time.

Normally there is no theme, but it could happen sometime so watch out:). Set your phone alarm or alert to go off at 2pm. Wherever you happen to be at that time make some photos that tell us something about your location, what you are doing, what you see, whatever is happening, or make something happen. An important detail is that your picture(s) must be made between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. See what others are doing in many places around the world.

If you would like some extra challenge to your Time Stamp activities make use of the opportunity to develop your ability to come up with good photos on the spot, or on demand, even when it seems there is nothing around to work with, and even if you don’t feel the least bit inspired. To discover the extraordinary among the ordinary. This is the skill of a photojournalist. Too often people only make photos when they feel inspired or when the weather is nice. It is about learning and personal growth. Sharpening your powers of observation and then igniting creativity to create something out of nothing. It is also the ability to make a good photo that can stand on it’s own without relying on a bunch of editing to prop it up. Time Stamp is also about sharing how you feel about the situations/subjects you discover.

Rules:
    • Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet. Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
    • All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.
    • In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar.
    • You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. Try not to overuse this loophole.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

GroovyGouvy, MsDee and RoseCat like this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in! I’m away camping at the moment. Internet up and down.

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  3. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Yesterday I found a new clock for my Time Stamp logo of the week. And today I went back at 2pm to photograph it for Time Stamp.
    EA2E3875-187A-488E-BC36-28CB858E3022.jpeg
    It’s a large sundial made just this year at the Inch Arran Lighthouse site. For the 2pm indication on the sundial I had to wait about 15 minutes after two according to my iPhone time.
    Here’s another view of the location.
    F29119F9-BF35-4132-A33F-EA96951DA9AA.jpeg
    For scale, the lighter coloured sidewalk around the sundial is a normal width sidewalk, so the sundial is quite big.
    We’re staying at the Inch Arran Park Campground, In Dalhousie New Brunswick, about 5 hours from home, right at the far north of the province on the Baie des Chaleurs. The campground is just to the right of this view. Looking toward the water from our site the lighthouse is on the left. In the background you can see the Bon Ami Rocks, which are a lot bigger when you get close to them. Inhabited mostly by Cormorants, Great Black-Backed Gulls, and Herring Gulls. The Bon Ami Rocks are to the right of our view looking toward the water. I have been enjoying kayaking around the rocks and watching the birds.
    We left on this camping trip is a bit of a rush and it seemed everything was in order until it came time to set up our air bed in the tent. Mysteriously, the air bed seems to have beamed itself back home. Or, I seem to have forgotten to pack it in the car. :eek: :whistle: I’m sure the first explanation is the correct one. We are also missing the little doormat carpet we use to keep from tracking dirt into the tent. That we could do without. The lack of an air bed was seeming like a disaster and my name would be :poo: if I couldn’t come up with a viable solution. However, we went off to the nearest Canadian Tire store, about 25 minutes away and bought another one. This is the good part. Rather than buy another air bed essentially the same as the one we had I decided to try something different. It is a bit taller than the old one and Fabi likes it a whole lot better. :) It fact it completely restored her idea of camping as a feasible activity. :thumbs:

rizole, Venomator, ImageArt and 7 others like this.
  4. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    That’s interesting... I would guess that the sundial would have to be correct, unless it was setup wrong, but if not that means the iPhone time is incorrect. :alien:
    Eek..... of all things to forget. :grimacing:
    The name of the store makes it seem odd to me that air mattresses could be found there. Obviously they sell more than tires.... o_O So glad Fabi’s faith in camping has been restored! It looks like a beautiful place to be.

GroovyGouvy, FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  5. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I’m in!

GroovyGouvy, FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  6. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Considering the great variation of the angle of the sun through the year it makes me wonder how a sundial can be “correct” except at one particular time of year. Approximate maybe.
    Yes, Canadian Tire has everything, even stuff for cars. Home and garden, sports and recreation, tools and hardware. Paint and plumbing. Even kayak paddles and air beds.

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  7. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Sounds like it’s a bit more like our Loews or Home Depot.

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  8. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    But how can one argue with the sun and planets? Surely they must be the most “accurate”. Seems our electronics should be following that path.

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  9. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    We have Home Depot here too and it isn’t like that. Home Depot is more of a warehouse style store and focuses a lot more on building supplies. Canadian Tire is more of a department store and has a large automotive section plus a tire shop and car repair garage for at least 25 cars at once.

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and RoseCat like this.
  10. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Looooove the sundial even more with view. :inlove:
    The bed (time) story is a good one. You wanted a new one and left the old bed at home. Got that. :lol:

JillyG, FundyBrian and RoseCat like this.
  11. ValeriGail

ValeriGail MobiLurver

Valeri
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I was out of the house again today :thumbs: Back to school shopping for shoes. Hit a BOGO sale and ended up with shoes and backpacks. So glad that’s taken care of, and over. Lol. Headed to the mall for some grub, then the boys took off to gamestop. Katelyn and I headed to the bookstore. I remembered at 20 till 2, and set my alarms so I didn’t get distracted. We were still in the bookstore browsing the YA section :D

If I could, I’d make a library room in my house just lined with wall to wall full bookshelves. Books just make me feel at ease, comfortable. I read most of my stuff now digitally, but man.. I still love real books!

2E0BD78B-CA13-4336-B214-1372C293462C.jpeg

4012AE50-002E-4FD7-9CD0-0DAB6DFE3519.jpeg

2E2B3823-187D-4D1C-AEB8-8EE8419B8F34.jpeg

The Eragon series here (dragons) is my husband favorite.

As we were leaving, I grabbed a shot from upstairs

90ED3F40-03C2-489D-AC5F-E55A481B9F17.jpeg

All taken in Camera+ 2, no editing cause I used up all the time walking haha.

We didn’t get any books (they didn’t have the series she wanted), but we left with pictures of books to look up on overdrive and amazon ;)

12. deepop

deepop No Mobi-limiter... MobiSupporter

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    We’re in Chicago visiting our middle daughter, Molly and her husband. We were on our way to the National Museum of Mexican Art. We had just entered the El in theNW part of the loop at 2.
    A view of the approaching train.
    F12D7146-FBBE-4349-8079-F56E280501D8.jpeg

The train was filled with young folks on their way to Lollapalooza, a 3 day massive music festival at Millennium Park. Since it was 95 degrees, and I’m sure lots of psychoactive substances will be ingested, it sounds like a recipe for lots of action in the medical tent.
    0A230AED-B317-41BD-AF25-7D36F2536F4C.jpeg

A stop in the Loop with typical Chicago buildings surrounding the station.
    3E36AF42-7BF3-4ABE-8C06-06505F4916DC.jpeg

Looking east towards Lake Michigan. I think the dearth of pedestrians is due to the heat.
    9310B2EB-3B9E-4740-ADC5-E63EA6329983.jpeg

At 2:25 we saw this guy.
    2F0DD118-898A-40BC-A8FE-2C668493093C.jpeg
    I spoke with his owner who confirmed orange iguanas are rare.

GroovyGouvy, MsDee, Starzee and 6 others like this.
  13. MsDee

MsDee MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Dee
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    next week...

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  14. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Wifi is down here until tomorrow. Will post later.

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  15. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Blergh. I missed TS.... have been holed up inside all day. Nothing sparked any creative photo epiphanies. :feet:

FundyBrian, GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  16. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    At first glance I thought you were in Manhattan, but then noticed the decidedly clean streets/subways and knew it couldn’t be. :lol: That iguana is beautiful!

17. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Back to school time already? :eek: I love books/bookstores too... glad I here’s still a few of them out there.

18. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I’m staying with my sister and she bought some flowers to paint for the new art class she’s doing. We set up the flowers to photograph so that she can use this as an additional aid. Of course Neeko had to help.

Photographed in Portrait mode and used Apollo to add the lighting. I did do some slight changes in Procreate because the lighting was a bit weird in some places and Retouch to remove an unwanted object.

D684402D-BED2-42AF-A6B9-9E1ECA146DC0.jpeg

19. rizole

rizole In for it!

Device:
    Samsung
    The earths path around the sun isn't a perfect circle and the suns position in the sky isn't perfectly regular in a similar way so the shadow on a sundial will shift forwards and backwards in relation to standard clock time.

20. rizole

rizole In for it!

Device:
    Samsung
    20180804_142434-01.jpeg I forgot TS yesterday. Busy clearing up the side of the outbuilding in preparation for building a bike shed.
    I did take a picture at the right time(ish).

21. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in!! And too late and all was … no, too hard to say wrong, let’s say different. :D

First: couldn’t do my duty pictures as I was in shower and didn’t hear the alarm. Then I found I was late, but I wanted to the museums in the city centre, because I was told the tube station is now reopened. To get there I have to change the tube and did it wrong. I’ve chosen the wrong direction. Took me awhile to realise because I rarely use this tube. At least all were just there when I arrived. Rarely have that in Frankfurt. Well and on some walls of posters I saw this:

4B0CAD82-A940-42FC-AEC0-9E908A673E84.jpeg

(6pod native)

… and changed my plan right away. The target was still the same, but no into a museum, but being out just along the river bank fun fair. I was hoping I could do some shots of those I’ve lost when my pod died.
    I arrived at the Römer at 3.01 pm, (Trippygram) …

56D58754-B397-42D6-AB84-D5903CD94CE8.jpeg

… got me something to eat and drink and sat down at the Minerva fountain where a band was playing. The fish bread roll was fine, but the chicken was very far away from done. I complained at the hut and though I had to wait I’ve got a new one, this time well done. And then I went on, down to the banks. Here we pass the Historical Museum to the left. (3.36 pm)

2A9EF651-1219-4E72-A34D-74F1BB4C1742.jpeg

(6pod native, Snapseed to brightened up, because this was the shadowy prat on the 1 minute way down.)

3.40 pm: I was fascinated by this girl that obviously got instructions from her boyfriend. Focusing on this I also realised some taps on my shoulders, in the picture you see the darker spots on the street. (Native)

0BBBF6A1-5C95-429E-9E37-404BCC594BA9.jpeg

3.43 pm: the last ride of the Break Dancer before the rain stops. (Native, Snapseed) Every little white spot is a huge drop of rain. It was heavy, welcomed and I still wonder where it came from. The clouds were bluish or white, the shy blue, the sun shone and still the was such a heavy shower. I mean hey, 3 minutes and about 20 meters devide this and the former picture.

E26DEB5A-E8FB-402F-A56F-5983901061A6.jpeg

3.44pm: Cats and dogs including bubbles. It was amazing! And meanwhile 98% of the people hid somewhere. :) of course, me too. (Native)

F9762040-6866-494D-9A19-E37FD5900315.jpeg

But my mission was to find the Ferris wheel. 4.03 pm: I’m getting closer. (Native, slight edit in cam roll/photos.)

C9139C25-555B-4C6A-BE1B-D3F861C5718F.jpeg

At 4.10 pm I sat in a gondola, trying my luck, my iPod had a very, VERY hard time to focus. I often wasn’t sure if the display sensed my touched. It was all wet in seconds, anc thou I swiped the screen with my t-shirt, hell, it all was soaking wet. And I wondered if the iPod will survive. But I shot on. Meanwhile: the pod mastered the wetness, as I said hard times to focus and I’ve got more some kind of watercolours than photos. Here are my faves: 4.10pm:you can see how the poepple still hide. Some minute ago I’ve sat opposite the cute little black girl in that tent. (6pod native)

11D316AD-6F46-472B-A60B-36AD14F452BC.jpeg

4.10 pm: I know some construction parts are in the way, but I love this picture. It rained so much that a rainbow spread over the Main and all the raindrops you can count on this image. And still you see some landmarks of Frankfurt. (6pod native, Snapseed)

F78DF0A9-287A-4E1A-BF2F-4DFBA562B432.jpeg

4.15 pm: this one isn’t necessary but it told me that in a minute the ride is over and the rain lowered, two more minutes the people came out, add another 2 more, I’m beginning to dry. It was like nothing. About 20 minutes later you nearly can’t see it on the street.
    And look I have big rain drops on camera! It’s an amazing job the pod did here. (6Pod native)

5C71809B-F94D-4D11-BE12-4D3F3515F0B2.jpeg

Last edited: 5 August 2018
  22. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Yes, exactly the reason it reinforces to me the question why we as humans must turn time into a "perfect" clock - I would rather go back to following a sundial.

Last edited: 5 August 2018
  23. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Nothing like lilies and a ginger cat... :)

24. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    What is YA please? Is there a NAH to it or what does it mean!
    I love real books, too!!!
    I also liked Eragon. Especially when on film. :D
    Why didn't you order the books at the shop to pick it up the next day?

RoseCat likes this.
  25. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Cool pictures! And the iguana is a rreal topper! :inlove:

deepop and RoseCat like this.