Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Fancy something different? Bring out the creative you with Star’s (@Starzee) brand new MobiChallenge! Hai-Oto Challenge HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Stamp Closed: TS144 2pm Saturday Aug-11

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 9 August 2018.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Time Stamp - Phase 3

New Changes to Time Stamp: We have decided to dispense with the Wrap-up and the Grand Wrapper-Upper and see how that goes. No more favourite photo picked each week. In addition to posting our 2pm photos and the usual exchanges about photos and stories, the focus has changed to enjoying Time Stamp as a happening in itself.

If you have any ideas to make Time Stamp more fun please share them with us.
    -------------------------------------
    Join the intrepid Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is made, the creation date and time.

Normally there is no theme, but it could happen sometime so watch out:). Set your phone alarm or alert to go off at 2pm. Wherever you happen to be at that time make some photos that tell us something about your location, what you are doing, what you see, whatever is happening, or make something happen. An important detail is that your picture(s) must be made between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. See what others are doing in many places around the world.

If you would like some extra challenge to your Time Stamp activities make use of the opportunity to develop your ability to come up with good photos on the spot, or on demand, even when it seems there is nothing around to work with, and even if you don’t feel the least bit inspired. To discover the extraordinary among the ordinary. This is the skill of a photojournalist. Too often people only make photos when they feel inspired or when the weather is nice. It is about learning and personal growth. Sharpening your powers of observation and then igniting creativity to create something out of nothing. It is also the ability to make a good photo that can stand on it’s own without relying on a bunch of editing to prop it up. Time Stamp is also about sharing how you feel about the situations/subjects you discover.

Rules:
    • Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet. Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
    • All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.
    • In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar.
    • You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. Try not to overuse this loophole.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in! How about you?
    I’m busy setting up a new iPhone 8 Plus. Not exactly because I wanted one. I would have preferred to wait until the new phones come out in the fall. However, Fabi lost her iPhone 6 :oops::eek::(:barf:. Even if we find it it is toast since it was lost out on the beach at low tide and within the hour it would have been under water. The 6 isn’t water resistant at all. Probably swept out to sea. Maybe the lobsters will go online with it to check the date for the end of lobster season. Fabi is in line to get my old iPhone so I bought a new iPhone 8 Plus and now she will have my 7 Plus. Unfortunately she had not yet got around to backing up her latest photos from our week away at Dalhousie. At least she posted several on FB before the loss.

ImageArt, deepop, ValeriGail and 3 others like this.
  3. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Oh no!! Sorry Fabi lost her photos, but on the upside she gained a new iPhone! And so did you... have fun with your new precious. :D

I’m in!

GroovyGouvy, FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  4. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Before my “restore from back-up” would work I first had to update to iOS 11.4.1 on my new iPhone. After that the restore completed normally, except I shut off the wifi before it could reload all the apps online. I drove to Moncton today to use the high-speed connection at the library to reload all my apps. It would have used up all of my month’s data doing it at home. Even with good high-speed it took a couple of hours.
    It’s interesting to me that the folks at the Jump+ store (authorized Apple reseller where i bought my new 8+) seemed to downplay the water proof aspect of the phone, saying it’s more like water resistant, for rain showers, etc. I pointed out that the water resistant rating is for 3 feet under water for 30 minutes and they seemed surprised that that is what it meant. Strange. Not as on top of things as a real Apple store.

RoseCat and GroovyGouvy like this.
  5. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    :eek::eek::fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:
    I feel for your loss or Fabi’s. :fearscream: Hope apart from the images no delicate details are on it like passwords and such. Just in case …
    It’s really hard to loose pictures by a somehow broken device, but losing the complete device is a horror tha Fankenstein is a lollipop compared to it. :fearscream: :fearscream: And even more :fearscream:
    Wish you all the best!

RoseCat and FundyBrian like this.
  6. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Oh, and prolly in, but I’ll attend the Summernight fleamarket/boot sale and that will not start before 6 or 7 pm. Hope the weather will be fine. It seems to change now. Lots of winds but no real rain. Just a hush for 5 mins and that is it. But if you have to rely on it as the market is outside, Murphy’s law might come on quickly. :)

RoseCat and FundyBrian like this.
  7. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    My first post from my new 8 Plus :) . Things seem OK although there will be numerous cases of having to Restore Purchases. I had to download all of my gear on Hipstamatic. Good I thought of that while I was still on high speed. I also lost several apps in the process that still work fine on my 7 Plus but cannot be downloaded because they are no longer on the App Store. One of the losses is the Motrr app that runs the 360 robotic head for DMD Panorama. :angry:No other big losses. Some were occasionally interesting to play with but not serious image making stuff.

ImageArt, RoseCat and GroovyGouvy like this.
  8. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    It’s true there is an emotional feeling of loss with the lost phone, and the pictures in particular. Now I hope Fabi has learned to be more regular making backups.

RoseCat and GroovyGouvy like this.
  9. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    By the way... did I mention my new iPhone is RED! It’s that zingy candy apple red. I even surprised myself when I picked red. I wanted the black face which you can only get with the Space Grey or Red. The black and red look quite striking together. Unfortunately, none of the red shows when the phone is in the case. It will be my hidden pleasure.
    Fabi started out saying she didn’t like my Moment case on the iPhone 7 Plus and she was going to get her own case. That is, until I showed her that it has neck strap attachment points and when I put on the neck strap she suddenly thought it was pretty good after all.:thumbs:

10. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365

I do believe in neck straps! Since I've found the iRing is a very pleasant thing I always attach one to my case and put a string in it. Prevents from falling and gives you the best grip for photographing. And though I dauber a bit at the beginning, the tape keeps. :)

27430D56-BA95-461E-8809-5745DA16108A.jpeg

My 6s+ taken with 6pod native

ImageArt, deepop, MsDee and 3 others like this.
  11. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Nice case, too. :) I can see that you have your iRing stuck to the Tardis so it won’t leave you behind sometime.

12. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    After all the other struggles setting up 2 phones now our satellite system is out of action. Service call put in but we may not have service until Monday or Tuesday!

13. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Wow!!! I bet that pops... too bad it’s covered by a case (or just get a bumper that goes around the edges...that’s what I use).

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  14. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I don’t think I’d like a heavy iPhone dangling from my neck.... :confused:

FundyBrian and GroovyGouvy like this.
  15. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

16. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I only use clear ones. That way I can do my own cover, like the Tardis with Doctor, Donna and the fat-babies – you won’t get this at shops – OR just see what you’ve got. :D

RoseCat likes this.
  17. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    You won’t mind after you’ve dropped it seriously or are frightened like me. :lol:

RoseCat likes this.
  18. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    The duty 2 o’s:

The light bulbs growing under the watch frog

6DED41DB-DE39-4233-B5E3-C75194BB97F3.jpeg

And the harvest so far except the first from Monday. Since then I’m collecting for a full bowl for a salad. :)

CB63D311-B341-4E85-99A0-20A416262146.jpeg

Both 6pod native and shoved through Hipstamatic.

The more interesting pictures and part of the day will follow when I’m home from the Hofheim Summernight Market.

(Wow! Taken, edited, uploaded, described and posted within the 20 minutes!!)

ImageArt, deepop, MsDee and 3 others like this.
  19. rizole

rizole In for it!

Device:
    Samsung
    Ouch!

GroovyGouvy, deepop and JillyG like this.
  20. rizole

rizole In for it!

Device:
    Samsung
    Took the boys to the community centre to play badminton and ping pong. The sports hall is almost never busy on a Sat so we have free reign of the place. We often hybridize the two and play pingminton. The rules change as the whim takes us.
    20180811_141048.jpg
    20180811_141340_001_01.jpg
    The youngest has a new hoodie. I got him in a darkened room for a bit of spontaneous mood lighting.
    20180811_141008.jpg
    Unfortunately, as we have the place to ourselves the boys get outside their behavioural norms and do things they normally wouldn't in company. One game of pingminton resulted in a broken finger some months back. Today my eldest lay down on a ping pong table. He's slim and 14 but at 6 foot isn't light and the table collapsed under him damaging the table which I will need to fix myself or pay to get fixed.
    He's mortified bless him. There's no need for punishment, he's beating himself up over it and, hopefully, will learn a lesson from it.
    As my better half says.... you worry about taking your kids out when they are young in case they embarrass you by pulling someone's hair or pooing on something or worse. You don't expect it'll keep happening as they get older too.

GroovyGouvy, ImageArt, deepop and 4 others like this.
  21. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m at the library doing some updates with the good high speed internet connection here. We’re in Moncton to pick up some friends at the airport.
    5DA4523E-7157-471C-8256-7C6D97409989.jpeg
    Walking from the car to the library entrance I crossed this no parking area.

E88EB03D-158E-4052-8DA1-BF284A309BE2.jpeg
    Library entrance.

2268682E-4461-46C1-A7CA-27C734F3BD55.jpeg
    A row of public use computer stations in view across the table from where I’m working. We got all our updates done and got Fabi’s iPhone 7 Plus all set up and apps downloaded. Up and running.

8391088A-2326-4F1E-B3F9-75445FDEDA40.jpeg
    I wish I had made a screenshot of the first test I did when we first arrived at the library. At that time it showed 102.98 Mbps download speed! Back to more typical readings, although sometimes it goes down to 25. At home we’re lucky to get 1.5. This is the story of the country mouse and the city mouse.

GroovyGouvy, JillyG, ImageArt and 3 others like this.
  22. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    You’re certainly lucky to have access to such a great place.

23. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    It’s fun hearing the continuing story of your balcony garden.

GroovyGouvy and ImageArt like this.
  24. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Here’s a photo from my iPhone showing Fabi using her iPhone 6. Probably only 15 minutes before it was lost.
    354D045E-B9CB-450C-A123-7C089C6E7AB9.jpeg

GroovyGouvy, JillyG, ImageArt and 2 others like this.
  25. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Wow!!! A whole bowl, with more on the vine!

GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.