Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Time Stamp Closed: TS152 2pm Saturday Oct-6

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 4 October 2018.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Time Stamp - Phase 3

New Changes to Time Stamp: We have decided to dispense with the Wrap-up and the Grand Wrapper-Upper and see how that goes. No more favourite photo picked each week. In addition to posting our 2pm photos and the usual exchanges about photos and stories, the focus has changed to enjoying Time Stamp as a happening in itself.

If you have any ideas to make Time Stamp more fun please share them with us.
    -------------------------------------
    Join the intrepid Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is made, the creation date and time.

Normally there is no theme, but it could happen sometime so watch out:). Set your phone alarm or alert to go off at 2pm. Wherever you happen to be at that time make some photos that tell us something about your location, what you are doing, what you see, whatever is happening, or make something happen. An important detail is that your picture(s) must be made between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. See what others are doing in many places around the world.

If you would like some extra challenge to your Time Stamp activities make use of the opportunity to develop your ability to come up with good photos on the spot, or on demand, even when it seems there is nothing around to work with, and even if you don’t feel the least bit inspired. To discover the extraordinary among the ordinary. This is the skill of a photojournalist. Too often people only make photos when they feel inspired or when the weather is nice. It is about learning and personal growth. Sharpening your powers of observation and then igniting creativity to create something out of nothing. It is also the ability to make a good photo that can stand on it’s own without relying on a bunch of editing to prop it up. Time Stamp is also about sharing how you feel about the situations/subjects you discover.

Rules:
    • Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet. Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
    • All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.
    • In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar.
    • You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. Try not to overuse this loophole.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

RoseCat likes this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in! How about you?

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  3. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I’m in! :D

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  4. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    CD96A47B-BE55-4C21-8E7B-1C10F2395D04.jpeg
    When i’m making these clock photos for Time Stamp I usually make several and pick the one I like best. Here i’m Recycling one of the leftovers. However, I have no recollection of what app I used to make this. Anyone have any ideas?

5. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Deco Sketch?

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  6. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’ll have a look but the name isn’t familiar.

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  7. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    What? I’m first poster again?
    It was such a nice day I decided to head out to Dennis Beach for 2pm but I was about 5 minutes late.
    C1DC8613-E692-4B2D-A5D9-A275A0356B24.jpeg
    PureShot DNG, polarizer filter. Just the typical development.
    D9B59BF9-65CC-4EC0-A1A7-437726A8F7F3.jpeg
    PureShot DNG, polarizer filter, just the typical development, except I toned down the redness in the foreground rock. For some reason this colour always intensifies in photos.
    D7401E51-B76A-476F-9250-DFFB7205FF87.jpeg
    Slow Shutter, no edits. I made a few photos of this setting where the water flowing from the waterfall disappears into the gravel. It re-emerges about 10 metres down the beach. I liked the Live Photos and videos best.
    I stayed a couple of hours and made lots of photos and had an enjoyable walk. The tide went lower than usual and I explored the area that is usually under water.

8. deepop

deepop No Mobi-limiter... MobiSupporter

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I almost posted first but got interrupted by dinner prep and eating. We weren't doing much of anything at 2. I had a little excitement before 2. A couch in our parlor had gotten extensively mildewed so I went with my across-the-street neighbor in his truck and took the couch to the dump. Unfortunately, while offloading the couch it came down on my finger, squashing it and splitting it like a tomato that's been dropped on the floor. ( No pictures were taken.) Fortunately (for me), the truck owner's wife is the preeminent plastic surgeon in town (about a year ago she sutured Grace's finger one evening after a mishap with a knife.) She kindly spent an hour of her Saturday afternoon suturing up my finger.I got home from her office just before 2.
    sbIuXIcBRvGsHRLKfgG0DQ.jpg
    If you look closely you can see a V-shaped paleness in my upper palm and paleness at the base of my middle finger - spillover from the epinephrine she injected at the base of my ring finger. My finger is still numb about 5 hours after the injection.

Here's where the couch was.
    01WyMEmtSFSwEgS9xULBQA.jpg

9. deepop

deepop No Mobi-limiter... MobiSupporter

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    It looks like you had a beautiful day to out and about. The redness from iron in the rock?

10. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Egads!!!!!! Owwwwwwch!!! :grimacing: :fearscream:

ImageArt, GroovyGouvy, JillyG and 2 others like this.
  11. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I was hanging out in one of my favorite little funky towns, Lambertville, NJ.

Here’s where I was when the alarm went off... walking along the D&R Canal Trail.

18D24E06-D39B-431F-B118-E6C29CB8D6A0.jpeg
    3EB88372-2227-41D9-B1C8-33B068408310.jpeg

And just a few minutes later...

C570D48C-2024-410D-BB53-AF86B24D149E.jpeg
    I’ve photographed this abandoned train car before, but it’s fun to see how the graffiti changes over the years. And this time I wandered around inside. :sneaky:

Snapseed, VSCO

ImageArt, deepop, Starzee and 4 others like this.
  12. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    These are gorgeous.... :hearteyes: Your beaches are so unique and beautiful.

13. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Wow! Unfortunate & hair raising adventure! I hope your finger heals quickly.

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  14. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    What an interesting place. The bridge photo looks mysterious. I’m sure you enjoyed exploring the abandoned rail coach. It looks to be all metal?

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  15. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Yes, all metal.

FundyBrian and GroovyGouvy like this.
  16. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    The rock is red sandstone. The very local cliffs are made of this rock and you can see where the cliffs used to be, before they eroded away, by the flat expanses at beach level. I don’t know about iron content in the rock but it doesn’t seem the same as other rocks I have known that were iron-bearing. They aren’t as brown and the colour is very even throughout the cliffs. According to local info from older people, they have seen the cliff lose about 75 feet in their lifetime. Or more correctly, the shoreline property the family owned shrank by 75 feet. Some cottages had to be moved back from the edge a couple of times. There used to be a provincial picnic park in this area that shrank away to nothing. Coastline property is attractive but not a good investment.

RoseCat and GroovyGouvy like this.
  17. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    For some reason the interior colours of the rail coach graffiti remind me of a paisley shirt I had back in high school.

RoseCat and GroovyGouvy like this.
  18. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Somehow it looks Christmassy. But that’s okay, only 11 (or12) Monday’s left …

RoseCat and FundyBrian like this.
  19. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    How wonderful! And the red is stunning!

FundyBrian likes this.
  20. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream: Aaaaaaaaah! You poor sod! Hope you feel better already and it will heal quick. So good to have surgery so near and even one that understands beauty. I bet there will be no scar left. All the best! :inlove:

21. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    That’s no walking shoes, is it? :D I like the train inside, it’s like spits of colours enlightening the gray. :inlove:

22. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in!
    Out of curiosity I signed up to a photo class at the apple store. That was Friday. Saturday I was in time and the “class” was on at exactly 2 pm. We were just 7 people and I somehow wondered why not more people join those free classes. It’s free and fun and even if you take just one new hint home it’s worth going. Well, the duty stuff was from 2 to 3 and after that we were four that joined the coach for a photo safari through the MTZ (mall).
    So here are my shots from both events:
    2 o’clock shot: our coach. It was the dry lesson (though we had some fun :)) about settings and editing. (Xmax native, “edited” in photos (straightened, cut, added text))

BB5611E3-E139-4021-922C-42F79B101989.jpeg

2.12: still no picture taken just watching and listening. :) thought I see if Hipstamatic works fun with ios12. Obviously does. (Xmax, Hipstamatic)

2F950F0F-8FCD-4358-8336-43E0D4BDFD54.jpeg

3.14: After signing a paper that you go on this safari on your own risk and leave an emergency contact we finally went outside into the shopping mall. We tried the portrait mode and then were looking for light and shadow what made us walk though the whole center. The first picture of portrait mode on my Xmax.

83CCA5A0-5EAA-4029-B830-C996ACDC3451.jpeg

3.24: The pure Escher feeling without Escher effect. :D Found in the staircase of the park house.

A1CEC3B0-F8E5-4DA0-8CF8-998EC37ADE29.jpeg

This hour also went quick, at the Apple store we showed some of the picture we did and was great to see those differences of what we’ve taken along the same walk. It was really fun.

23. Starzee

Starzee MobiLurver MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I wasn’t sure if “liking” this was appropriate. Too bad there’s not a “eewwww” button.

GroovyGouvy, RoseCat, deepop and 2 others like this.
  24. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I notice in your first two photos there are a lot of leaves already brown and on the ground, yet I don’t see any noticeable fall colour in the photos. Did you notice what type of trees were dropping their leaves so soon?

GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  25. Starzee

Starzee MobiLurver MobiSupporter

Star Greathouse
    Device:
    iPhone X
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Great shoes!!! Oh, the train is cool, too.