Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. GOT A NEW DEVICE? You lucky MobiMember - don’t forget to update your Profile!
    Dismiss Notice

Time Stamp Closed: TS153 2pm Saturday Oct-13

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 12 October 2018 at 02:32.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Time Stamp - Phase 3

New Changes to Time Stamp: We have decided to dispense with the Wrap-up and the Grand Wrapper-Upper and see how that goes. No more favourite photo picked each week. In addition to posting our 2pm photos and the usual exchanges about photos and stories, the focus has changed to enjoying Time Stamp as a happening in itself.

If you have any ideas to make Time Stamp more fun please share them with us.
    -------------------------------------
    Join the intrepid Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is made, the creation date and time.

Normally there is no theme, but it could happen sometime so watch out:). Set your phone alarm or alert to go off at 2pm. Wherever you happen to be at that time make some photos that tell us something about your location, what you are doing, what you see, whatever is happening, or make something happen. An important detail is that your picture(s) must be made between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. See what others are doing in many places around the world.

If you would like some extra challenge to your Time Stamp activities make use of the opportunity to develop your ability to come up with good photos on the spot, or on demand, even when it seems there is nothing around to work with, and even if you don’t feel the least bit inspired. To discover the extraordinary among the ordinary. This is the skill of a photojournalist. Too often people only make photos when they feel inspired or when the weather is nice. It is about learning and personal growth. Sharpening your powers of observation and then igniting creativity to create something out of nothing. It is also the ability to make a good photo that can stand on it’s own without relying on a bunch of editing to prop it up. Time Stamp is also about sharing how you feel about the situations/subjects you discover.

Rules:
    • Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet. Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
    • All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.
    • In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar.
    • You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. Try not to overuse this loophole.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

RoseCat likes this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in!
    430E9AEB-9982-4B7E-94FE-EB5895E36FE2.jpeg
    Heavy rain today has been interrupting our internet connection. More rain coming tomorrow.

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  3. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Rain here too... ours might be related to Hurricane Michael.

GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  4. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    We’re expecting the same, warm air and rain brought in from Hurricane Michael, and some wind. It’s amazing the influence can be felt from so far away.

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  5. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    We have lovely blue sky today, I’m in, but not out. Am packing my suitcase and still wondering how to carry it. I haven’t realised the alert until 2 minutes later because being so busy. I’ve just put my stuff on the oven, because I’ve got hungry and decided to make a salad with baked halloumi cheese.

8E536A86-C3BC-4642-B9C8-2FA8D4ED53D0.jpeg

While the cheese was in the pan I cut a green hot pepper to go with the salad …

AB117A93-F97F-4657-9EB5-E87C1B1A080C.jpeg

… and a yellow one to add as well, while the cheese slowly tanned. :)

6D167192-9544-4797-AE9E-9DFC74823A37.jpeg

The I turned the cheese and mixed the salad with dressing, now waiting for the cheese.

C00C9E1E-E5CA-423F-B900-76895F26E1E6.jpeg

And this was what I thought to be delicious when the cheese was spilled over.

43EB5352-6C6D-4A72-AD38-6E66836759FE.jpeg

All Hipstamatic on 6Pod. :)

deepop, RoseCat, FundyBrian and 2 others like this.
  6. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    On the golf course but playing a friendly so could take a photo from the 11th fairway. A windy day but surprisingly warm. A neighbouring house was having a bonfire which is the haze in the distance.

No edits
    C957E28B-ADD4-4D7E-9EAC-DC4DCEBD07D5.jpeg

deepop, RoseCat, GroovyGouvy and 2 others like this.
  7. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Today I decided to go and visit the old house just down the hill. I found the house to be noticeably more in decline since my last visit earlier in the year.
    DD302E58-5B2C-41E5-815F-ECDAA20FE7C2.jpeg
    For my first vantage point I chose the back of the house and made several photos with Hipstamatic and aremaC, just choosing one combo after another to give me a baseline on each combo, or preset in the case of aremaC. This one is from aremaC with only minimal tweaking in the Photos app. The peak of the roof where it meets the section on the left has noticeably sunk, along with all the supporting stuff underneath. 1x lens on iPhone 8 Plus.
    D0FEA682-82DA-488E-B560-07EDE8BF729A.jpeg
    This was PureShot with minimal edits. The section on the right has sunk straight down, especially where it is close to the section on the left, while the left section is sinking in the middle and leaning towards the front of the house.
    3B2A952B-1417-48B9-89E9-806D31DB0066.jpeg
    Since my preferred Scan Camera app is out of action since iOS 12, but soon to be fixed, I made this one with another scanning app called Poloska and was surprised when the picture came out reversed and I needed Snapseed to get it back right way around. Yes, I sort of panned back and forth a bit in the middle.
    Gotta rush, company has just arrived.
    339DFC3A-528E-4888-85A0-1AB06BE43703.jpeg
    Look how much the house is leaning! aremaC.
    7D0377E5-6A3A-448D-92C2-0A9F427CF31F.jpeg
    Parting shot with Moment tele on my way out.

Last edited: 14 October 2018 at 01:47
    Starzee, JillyG, deepop and 4 others like this.
  8. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I was in Harlem today at the Abyssinian Baptist Church, attending a memorial service for the 90 year old mother of a long-time work associate and friend of the guys who own the company I work at. At 2:00pm I was directly in front of the Schomburg Center - a historical Harlem landmark.

8021B754-8CF8-4EEF-88B5-26BFBDBA557F.jpeg
    D730BD87-076A-4B6C-B9C9-17773D6C209A.jpeg

Then a couple blocks later heading down into the subway to hop on the downtown 2 train.

8714E18D-8B86-45D0-90D1-2BE4CF071DCF.jpeg
    Snapseed

Starzee, JillyG, GroovyGouvy and 3 others like this.
  9. deepop

deepop No Mobi-limiter... MobiSupporter

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    At 2 PM I was diligently working on the EOS challenge. I was so engrossed that I totally forgot to take any pictures until it was 2:22. I thought I would have to pass this week, but then I remembered I made two alternative versions to the one I finally posted. You can see the one I posted on the current EOS challenge. These two were made between and 2:20.
    7F05DEF2-A524-4988-9E52-E0D1B5207291.jpeg AD4350B0-6AC2-4E3C-A6F6-6145AC63CD7A.jpeg

SuperimposeX

RoseCat, ImageArt, JillyG and 2 others like this.
  10. deepop

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Everything except the pink one looks quite yummy.

JillyG likes this.
  11. deepop

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Wonderful series. They are all Halloween ready.

12. deepop

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    It has been surprisingly cold here.

13. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Interesting to see such a nice setting with no one else around.

JillyG and GroovyGouvy like this.
  14. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    This is like a cooking show in progress. You seem to do well with Hipstamatic. I guess I need lessons.

ImageArt and GroovyGouvy like this.
  15. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    The details in these photos are quite interesting to explore.

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  16. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    As usual, I found all my Hipstamatic photos complete rubbish. Perhaps a lot of editing on each one might make them usable. I’m wondering why other people have much better luck with Hipstamatic with hardly any editing. I just counted 46 combos in my Hipstamatic. Some I have made from scratch and these are pretty plain while the rest are all standard Hipstamatic combos that came when I bought new packs. So then, among those more successful Hipstamatic users, how do you make your combos more successful? Do you do a lot of tinkering with your combos until you get them they way you like? I have noticed when I went to edit some Hipstamatic photos that the combo carried with it quite a number of tweaks but I can’t change or save those settings in my own combos. Any suggestions to improve my Hipstatisfaction?
    I remember a while ago there was a new feature where users posted their own combos and you could copy and save the combo to use yourself, assuming you already had bought the lens and films. I can no longer find this. Has it gone or have I just forgotten how to find it?

I had my phone on a tripod and I just clicked and selected the next combo and clicked again, through all of them, well except for a couple of my own combos that have no film and no lens. The sample photo for each combo looked interesting when I selected it, so why such rubbish results?

Here are some examples reproduced at 1024 x 768 to avoid wasted space. You can see I had much better luck with aremaC, but then it has a proper preview of presets. If I could see in advance what the Hipstamatic results were going to look like I would probably not make very many Hipstamatic photos.
    691D247F-D04D-4FC1-820E-83C8423FFC05.jpeg
    70D56286-7D2A-438B-A6B1-E4F2C4ED9E4C.jpeg
    30138EA1-5E40-4872-9D40-3B1356C8E465.jpeg
    49C41ACD-D99E-43F6-8838-1AFD422AE8C9.jpeg

ImageArt and GroovyGouvy like this.
  17. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    The second is cool for MC before it's too late. :)

RoseCat likes this.
  18. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Good idea!
    I've just joined EOS if they let me. :D

RoseCat likes this.
  19. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Shake and bake. And if you don't like the result random it again. The last two I had to rehipsta, because one b/w and the other cool, but extremely wrong colours. I thought it's better to have the right colours for food. :)

FundyBrian likes this.
  20. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Think I'll come back to this I'm in a bit of a hurry. But maybe you are just too much photographer. Forget about tripod and perfection, just shoot from the hip. :)

RoseCat and ImageArt like this.
  21. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I never take Hipstamatic in advance now. I always change it later. Doesn’t look as if you have many good combos as favourites.

Sounds like you need to put in some effort to get it properly set up. Also, maybe you need to turn off some paks that you don’t like.

To see featured hipstamatic combos scroll down from where you view your own photos to select one for processing.

RoseCat, FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  22. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Totally agree... there are some great ones out there. And turning off ones that you know you hate is crucial.

Yep. It's not how I used to use Hipsta, but Hipsta isn't how it used to be, either. :thumbs:

FundyBrian likes this.
  23. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Haha! I like the beach ball best.... :D

ImageArt and deepop like this.
  24. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Looks yummy! Except, well, that pink depiction.... o_O :zip: :lol:

25. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Great shots! Hey, I'm surprised you didn't take me here when I visited.... maybe you were afraid I'd want to go inside. :cool: :sneaky: ;)

FundyBrian likes this.