• MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2021 > ARE READY FOR YOU TO SIGN-UP < JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • > STAY SAFE whichever way you choose to deal with the Virus! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! PLEASE heed your local warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Help each other stay sane & safe in our distancing/isolation to face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Closed: TS154 2pm Saturday Oct-20

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Time Stamp - Phase 3

New Changes to Time Stamp: We have decided to dispense with the Wrap-up and the Grand Wrapper-Upper and see how that goes. No more favourite photo picked each week. In addition to posting our 2pm photos and the usual exchanges about photos and stories, the focus has changed to enjoying Time Stamp as a happening in itself.

If you have any ideas to make Time Stamp more fun please share them with us.
-------------------------------------
Join the intrepid Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is made, the creation date and time.

Normally there is no theme, but it could happen sometime so watch out:). Set your phone alarm or alert to go off at 2pm. Wherever you happen to be at that time make some photos that tell us something about your location, what you are doing, what you see, whatever is happening, or make something happen. An important detail is that your picture(s) must be made between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. See what others are doing in many places around the world.

If you would like some extra challenge to your Time Stamp activities make use of the opportunity to develop your ability to come up with good photos on the spot, or on demand, even when it seems there is nothing around to work with, and even if you don’t feel the least bit inspired. To discover the extraordinary among the ordinary. This is the skill of a photojournalist. Too often people only make photos when they feel inspired or when the weather is nice. It is about learning and personal growth. Sharpening your powers of observation and then igniting creativity to create something out of nothing. It is also the ability to make a good photo that can stand on it’s own without relying on a bunch of editing to prop it up. Time Stamp is also about sharing how you feel about the situations/subjects you discover.

Rules:
• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet. Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.
• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar.
• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. Try not to overuse this loophole.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m in! Maybe I’ll be looking for some fall colours.
Today I was busy replacing an inner tie rod end on my car. It was raining but I ducked into the carport. Good thing I left enough space with stacking my firewood so I could also get my car in.

Last edited:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Time is a spiral. Here’s the evidence, caught on camera.
F1CC764E-60D0-495A-962A-493E6B608CEB.jpeg

As soon as I turned over my hourglass Time began to spin. Good thing it just had a minute and a half of sand left or who know when I could have ended up.

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
Made it this week.
Came back from the shop the long way round looking to get shots for the colour thread.
At 1.59 I was crossing Stubb Field, noticed the time, turned round and just caught the ball about to go in the goal for my setting the scene shot.
20181020_140006.jpg

I'm making home made pizza today and 'er indoors likes anchovies. I got the last tin on the shelf.
20181020_140634.jpg

Here's my progress on the bike shed. Slow but steady.
20181020_140705.jpg

And lastly, we are looking after Rusty while her owner is holidaying in Austria and getting some amazing landscape shots.
Rusty is an old, arthritic rescue dog. She has scars on her muzzle and is scared of other dogs. She is missing her owner, bless her.
20181020_140732-01.jpeg

Last edited:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Made it this week.
Came back from the shop the long way round looking to get shots for the colour thread.
At 1.59 I was crossing Stubb Field, noticed the time, turned round and just caught the ball about to go in the goal for my setting the scene shot.
View attachment 115825
I'm making home made pizza today and 'er indoors likes anchovies. I got the last tin on the shelf.
View attachment 115826
Here's my progress on the bike shed. Slow but steady. View attachment 115827
And lastly, we are looking after Rusty while her owner is holidaying in Austria and getting some amazing landscape shots.
Rusty is a old, arthritic rescue dog. She has scars on her muzzle and is scared of other dogs. She is missing her owner, bless her.
View attachment 115828
A nice homely group of photos :)

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I was stuck indoors this morning ironing and what-have-you and I really wanted to get out and also make an effort for Timestamp ‘cause it’s a lovely day.

I wanted to join the U3A Birding Group on Tuesdays but it was just before I gave my classes and there would have been no time to set up but two of the ladies in my class went and they mentioned that they had gone to a nature reserve just outside of Woking that none of us knew about. So I decided that I had to go for a trip there to check it out and hopefully get some good Timestamp pics. Well, what a treasure trove of pics I got today!

I set myself the goal of not using the native app but any other camera app. Halide wouldn’t play ball so I took the pics with Prime and ProCamera in both heic and raw with the intention of making comparisons later. I did break my rule at the end, after Timestamp, when I managed to get a pic of a dragonfly. I first used Prime and then to make 100% sure I had a good focused image I quickly took some closer ones with the native camera which ended up the best.

Jacob’s Well Nature Reserve - two negatives, electricity pylons and motorway noise.

Prime, no edit
1D197CA0-6F65-478A-B123-04FE6B92865C.jpeg

Prime, edit of HEIC in Snapseed
164928AF-BB05-4B00-9390-BBDD787D787A.jpeg

Prime, no edit
B670BC8C-08E3-4BD3-AB6E-506443D14E87.jpeg

I had to process this later but couldn’t resist adding it here. Unfortunately it had to be a low res gif to work.
32D22B49-EF7C-4466-954F-F2CDBBB44120.gif

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Made it this week.
View attachment 115825
View attachment 115826
Rusty is a old, arthritic rescue dog. She has scars on her muzzle and is scared of other dogs. She is missing her owner, bless her.
View attachment 115828
I was struck, in your first photo, how as far as the eye can see everything looks cultivated and manicured into neatness. Gently rolling hills, wide open spaces and what appears to be a lovely day.
It is also noteworthy to me that every one of your photos is of a completely different topic.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I was stuck indoors this morning ironing and what-have-you and I really wanted to get out and also make an effort for Timestamp ‘cause it’s a lovely day.

I wanted to join the U3A Birding Group on Tuesdays but it was just before I gave my classes and there would have been no time to set up but two of the ladies in my class went and they mentioned that they had gone to a nature reserve just outside of Woking that none of us knew about. So I decided that I had to go for a trip there to check it out and hopefully get some good Timestamp pics. Well, what a treasure trove of pics I got today!

I set myself the goal of not using the native app but any other camera app. Halide wouldn’t play ball so I took the pics with Prime and ProCamera in both heic and raw with the intention of making comparisons later. I did break my rule at the end, after Timestamp, when I managed to get a pic of a dragonfly. I first used Prime and then to make 100% sure I had a good focused image I quickly took some closer ones with the native camera which ended up the best.

Jacob’s Well Nature Reserve - two negatives, electricity pylons and motorway noise.

Prime, no edit
View attachment 115829

View attachment 115831

Prime, no edit
View attachment 115832

I had to process this later but couldn’t resist adding it here. Unfortunately it had to be a low res gif to work.
View attachment 115833
A very nice group of photos. Great cow Photo & reflection! And a Great Blue Heron. A very successful outing, combined with experimenting with other apps. Loved the tail-wagging cows GIF. It still looks very much like summer there. Most of the coloured leaves have fallen from the trees here, leaving forlorn looking bare branches. We have already had cold enough weather to make ice 1/2” inch thick overnight in a wheelbarrow left out in the rain.
I’m curious to know what made the native camera app photos seem the best ones to you.

rizole

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung

Prime, no edit
View attachment 115829

View attachment 115831

Prime, no edit
View attachment 115832

View attachment 115833
That cow in water is a beaut.

rizole

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
I was struck, in your first photo, how as far as the eye can see everything looks cultivated and manicured into neatness. Gently rolling hills, wide open spaces and what appears to be a lovely day.
It is also noteworthy to me that every one of your photos is of a completely different topic.
I'm always struck by how little real wilderness there is left in this country. Even the tops of the yorkshire moors, which are bleak, rough and difficult terrain in good weather, are shaped by people and their livestock. The wildest bits are fenced by stone walls made before engines existed and managed and burnt in controlled fashion. And when I do get up on the wild, windy moors I'm almost never alone. There's walkers and runners and tourists, photographers and what have you.
The terrain that provides actual solitude around here are the steep, difficult water courses and valleys they create.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
A very nice group of photos. Great cow Photo & reflection! And a Great Blue Heron. A very successful outing, combined with experimenting with other apps. Loved the tail-wagging cows GIF. It still looks very much like summer there. Most of the coloured leaves have fallen from the trees here, leaving forlorn looking bare branches. We have already had cold enough weather to make ice 1/2” inch thick overnight in a wheelbarrow left out in the rain.
I’m curious to know what made the native camera app photos seem the best ones to you.
It still feels a lot like summer although it was only 11 degrees C when I arrived. Most of the trees are still green.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
That cow in water is a beaut.
Thanks, I was well chuffed with it. It didn’t bat an eyelid when I came to the water’s edge. I was in a rush and couldn’t see great on the phone when I did the edit. I would do a slightly tighter crop to get rid of the stuff on the edges.

Last edited:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I'm always struck by how little real wilderness there is left in this country. Even the tops of the yorkshire moors, which are bleak, rough and difficult terrain in good weather, are shaped by people and their livestock. The wildest bits are fenced by stone walls made before engines existed and managed and burnt in controlled fashion. And when I do get up on the wild, windy moors I'm almost never alone. There's walkers and runners and tourists, photographers and what have you.
The terrain that provides actual solitude around here are the steep, difficult water courses and valleys they create.
I’m afraid it’s like that the world over. Friends of mine did one of those long treks in Europe in the mountains where you stay in huts on the way and you can just see rows of people doing the same thing in their photos. I couldn’t think of anything worse. No solitude whatsoever.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Made it this week.
View attachment 115825
View attachment 115826
View attachment 115828

I love all that blue sky in your pictures. :)

rizole

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
I’m afraid it’s like that the world over. Friends of mine did one of those long treks in Europe in the mountains where you stay in huts on the way and you can just see rows of people doing the same thing in their photos. I couldn’t think of anything worse. No solitude whatsoever.
*sigh*

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Prime, no edit
View attachment 115829

View attachment 115831

Prime, no edit
View attachment 115832

View attachment 115833

I love the cows the still one as well as the moo-ving tails. :D seems to be a wonderful place. Post can be erased and noise is only on images when it’s dark. XD :lol:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Just deny to follow Cathy. :)

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Today I headed to a place I remember from years ago as being a nice place for fall colours. However, I never got there until well after the Time Stamp window.
BB5A29DC-9453-4880-9B92-A4EAEAAF0001.jpeg

I was distracted by this little brook and by the time I was done here my 2:20 alert sounded.
I made several photos here with 4 or 5 apps but didn’t have time to work on the DNG HDR sets I made in PureShot. I also used Slow Shutter cam and SlowShutter, and NightCap Pro. And some others, Halide, Fusion, Camera+ & Camera+ 2, Moment cam, Hydra, and even Hipstamatic. My biggest aggravation was apps with no white balance control.
C6D1007E-04DC-4563-86BE-1339D4AE07B5.jpeg

In both cases I ended up standing in the water to get my preferred vantage point. Good thing I brought my rubber boots.
As it turns out both of these images were made in NightCap Pro and slightly tweaked in Snapseed.
NightCap Pro allows more control of settings and without knowing which app made these photos I picked them in preference to others made by other apps and only discovered later they were both from the same app. Must be something to that. I was also using my polarizing filter which helped reduce the light a bit to force a slower shutter speed.

Last edited:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I totally forgot that it’s time stamp day until the alert went off. I’ve just being served with sweet potato chips over the bank of the Wye in Hereford. If I’d been aware of TS I might have walked around a little longer to show you more around. And I am a bit sorry as it will be the only TS with England piccies. :(

Never mind, it was cloudy all day until after time stamp the clouds split up and the sun cane through.
At 2 o’ It was friendly enough to sit outside “De Koffie Pot” and enjoy the air and view. As I said the chips had just arrived and Tiny and me enjoyed it with a Café Latte (well, the rest of it). :)

6A90CF98-C1BE-473A-9F08-F5FDB585ACEF.jpeg

On the table left to us arrived a beautiful little dog with his owners.

0586EF89-1BFD-4C29-8732-4B70C492CC69.jpeg

When we’ve finished on the way out we realised they might have a fire pit lit up in the evenings.

FC8BBAEB-7A8F-4F86-B6DB-F497427070B8.jpeg

To round it up (and it’s still within TS) I went to the bridge I could see from the Café and took the shot over to it, to the table I sat with the Hereford cathedral as backdrop.

729C820B-AB9C-43C2-BD05-118E92CB77DA.jpeg

All Hipstacam, no edits. :)

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I totally forgot that it’s time stamp day until the alert went off. I’ve just being served with sweet potato chips over the bank of the Wye in Hereford. If I’d been aware of TS I might have walked around a little longer to show you more around. And I am a bit sorry as it will be the only TS with England piccies. :(

Never mind, it was cloudy all day until after time stamp the clouds split up and the sun cane through.
At 2 o’ It was friendly enough to sit outside “De Koffie Pot” and enjoy the air and view. As I said the chips had just arrived and Tiny and me enjoyed it with a Café Latte (well, the rest of it). :)

View attachment 115846

On the table left to us arrived a beautiful little dog with his owners.

View attachment 115847

When we’ve finished on the way out we realised they might have a fire pit lit up in the evenings.

View attachment 115848

To round it up (and it’s still within TS) I went to the bridge I could see from the Café and took the shot over to it, to the table I sat with the Hereford cathedral as backdrop.

View attachment 115849

All Hipstacam, no edits. :)
Looks like a great place to hang out. Looks like a pretty town. I have to say I haven’t been there. You were unlucky. We had stunning weather here at 2pm.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I would miss the wild spaces where signs of the hand of man cannot be found. There is certainly lots of wild land left here in Canada and plenty of space where its easy to imagine no one has been before. Several places I went today felt very much as though only the local animals had been there in the last 75 or so years. Before that I know some lumbering was done in that area but no eveidence of it remains. One place I went I remember parking 10 years ago on a short side road that is no longer passible. I tried walking through the 3 metre high brush that had grown in but soon gave it up in favour of bushwhacking through bigger trees.
I’m always attracted to the very old buildings in England & Scotland and even the old stone fences are hunderds of years old. Historic buildings here seem relatively new by comparison. The winter climate here, especially the deep frost, gradually destroys man made structures. Stone walls tumble down and stone buildings need a lot of work to keep them in good order.