• MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2021 > ARE READY FOR YOU TO SIGN-UP < JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • > STAY SAFE whichever way you choose to deal with the Virus! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! PLEASE heed your local warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Help each other stay sane & safe in our distancing/isolation to face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

Time Stamp Closed: TS158 2pm Saturday Nov-17

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Time Stamp - Phase 3

New Changes to Time Stamp: We have decided to dispense with the Wrap-up and the Grand Wrapper-Upper and see how that goes. No more favourite photo picked each week. In addition to posting our 2pm photos and the usual exchanges about photos and stories, the focus has changed to enjoying Time Stamp as a happening in itself.

If you have any ideas to make Time Stamp more fun please share them with us.
-------------------------------------
Join the intrepid Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is made, the creation date and time.

Normally there is no theme, but it could happen sometime so watch out:). Set your phone alarm or alert to go off at 2pm. Wherever you happen to be at that time make some photos that tell us something about your location, what you are doing, what you see, whatever is happening, or make something happen. An important detail is that your picture(s) must be made between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. See what others are doing in many places around the world.

If you would like some extra challenge to your Time Stamp activities make use of the opportunity to develop your ability to come up with good photos on the spot, or on demand, even when it seems there is nothing around to work with, and even if you don’t feel the least bit inspired. To discover the extraordinary among the ordinary. This is the skill of a photojournalist. Too often people only make photos when they feel inspired or when the weather is nice. It is about learning and personal growth. Sharpening your powers of observation and then igniting creativity to create something out of nothing. It is also the ability to make a good photo that can stand on it’s own without relying on a bunch of editing to prop it up. Time Stamp is also about sharing how you feel about the situations/subjects you discover.

Rules:
• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet. Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.
• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar.
• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. Try not to overuse this loophole.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’ll be there, hanging out at the Time Stamp Café where it’s warm and cosy. Incidentally, since the Time Stamp Café is in an unknown location outside of any known time zone it seems to be outside of time and there are no biscuit shortages there. It always has your favourite foods and beverages in stock. No matter what the weather where you step into the Café, once inside the climate is always lovely and you can take a pleasant walk out one of the other doors to the gardens, fields, and woods you see from the windows. You can only leave through the main door you came in taking you back to whatever time zone you came from.

Would you believe we have another power outage? It didn’t seem like much of a storm, first we had a couple of inches of wet snow. The snow plough went by late last night. Then the temperature plunged and the wind picked up. Power went out at 1:14am Wednesday. The temperature has hovered around -11°C all day with icy winds coming down from the north.
Not a nice day to be putting my snow tires on but that little patch of ground under the car was the only clear dry spot with no snow so jacking up the car went well. Anyhow, all 4 snow tires are on and ready to go. I was just about to turn on my air compressor to top up the tire pressures when I realized we have no power to run it.

When I checked the NBPower outage site this morning it gave the estimated time of power being restored at 8:30 to 9:30 am. Then it was 1:30 to 2:30 pm. Now it’s 9:30 to 10:30 pm.

Looks like I got that tree taken down at the one calm and mild time of the last several days. Wind can make it much harder getting the tree to fall in the desired direction. The tree has been roughly cut up into lengths and the debris dragged off the driveway. Before I finished the first stage of cleanup the snow had started. A gentle straight down settling of wet snow. Now it has become hard and icy.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I’ll be there, hanging out at the Time Stamp Café where it’s warm and cosy. Incidentally, since the Time Stamp Café is in an unknown location outside of any known time zone it seems to be outside of time and there are no biscuit shortages there. It always has your favourite foods and beverages in stock. No matter what the weather where you step into the Café, once inside the climate is always lovely and you can take a pleasant walk out one of the other doors to the gardens, fields, and woods you see from the windows. You can only leave through the main door you came in taking you back to whatever time zone you came from.
<sigh> I so want this to really exist..... :inlove:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Time Warp
1ADA20CC-F7C7-4ABC-BC45-C95FF09FDDDB.jpeg

I’ve been trying to produce the Dali-like bent or melted clock appearance. It’s easy enough to warp the shape of a single image but the bent appearance needs more than one angle of view to make it work. This picture has 3 different views of the pocket watch, each at a different angle so that we can see the proper view of the edge in relation to the face. Just the bottom view has been warped. The 3 views were blended together in Affinity.
Still a work in progress.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
We finally got our power back on at 11:20pm Thursday. While it’s a relief we also know there’s another storm heading our way. The general impression here is that the new storms we have been getting have stronger wind gusts than storms of the past. There are lots of trees that could stand the old storms but not the stronger winds of the new storms. It’s like the threshold has changed. Power crews have been swamped by the sheer number of fallen trees. I suppose that once all of the weakest trees have fallen things will get back to normal, whatever that is.
Another thought I just had is that our forests are struggling with new insect pests brought to us by recent milder winters. Now we have a great number of weakened insect-damaged trees ready to fall on power lines.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The two recent power failures have illustrated to me how much our culture has become shaped by the ready accessibility of things like electric power and the things that require electricity to run. Things like communications, TV/radio, computers and wifi and internet. We are so accustomed to these things always being there that our everyday way of life easily becomes centred around them. Not so in countries where electric power is still unreliable.
Think of all the things we do every day that can’t be done without power.
When the power goes out for any extended time period we are first preoccupied with basic needs, such as heat, light, water. After those basic things are sorted out we feel a large vacuum because just about everything we can think of to do depends on electricity in some way. We feel lost being disconnected from the internet. So many activities and hobbies rely on electricity, if for nothing else, to provide good lighting so we can see what we’re doing. Then there’s all manner of power tools and appliances.
I soon find other things to do when the power is out and it becomes clear to me that my everyday activities would be very different without the way our entire culture relies on electric power.
When the power is out the one thing still working is cell phones. Obviously the cell tower system must have backup power. The average person doesn’t have any way to keep their cell phone working beyond a couple of extra days. As long as the gas is still being delivered to keep the cell towers working we have communications. Once cell phones go dead and the towers stop running we have no communications left. This fancy new emergency warning system centred on cell phones won’t be much use then.
It seems to me we need to look at the reliability of our backup systems.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
The two recent power failures have illustrated to me how much our culture has become shaped by the ready accessibility of things like electric power and the things that require electricity to run.
You might enjoy watching these videos...
Primitive Technology I get mesmerized. It's amazing what he does.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
You might enjoy watching these videos...
Primitive Technology I get mesmerized. It's amazing what he does.
Yes, it’s quite interesting. It shows a lot of knowledge about chemical processes and where those elments can be found in nature. Doing fairly sophisticated things with primitive tools. It would be interesting to see this done in a cold climate. And in winter.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Winter is upon us. Not gradually as in most years but over just a few days. One day I’m busy with outdoor projects and the next day they sit stalled, as if time has stopped.
9AE51CCF-2368-47E8-A805-D5088A179F91.jpeg

The garden bed cleaned up but the bits have not yet made it to the compost.
29F35CDC-7A0E-4F88-9F2C-8FA5FFA11BFA.jpeg

The tree has been cut down but the splitting is still to come.
0E1147C5-A723-4766-A7C5-3F824F0C9A1B.jpeg

One of my favourite things about snow is the way it reveals the stories of little happenings. Here, the story of two birds crossing paths.
All PureShot.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
San Carlos Bariloche, Argentina

We treated ourselves to a stay at a golf resort and arrived this morning. We were about to tee off just after 2pm so I managed one picture of the first fairway. Tom is as happy as Larry. There’s nothing like a golf club in his hands to cheer him up despite the fact that it is much colder than it should be; the same temperature as back home where we live. Fortunately we have all the gear.

I played fairly well considering I was using hire clubs and the wind was pumping.
2703676F-2500-4C14-9CBE-1B395C0778E8.jpeg

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

We treated ourselves to a stay at a golf resort and arrived this morning. We were about to tee off just after 2pm so I managed one picture of the first fairway. Tom is as happy as Larry. There’s nothing like a golf club in his hands to cheer him up despite the fact that it is much colder than it should be; the same temperature as back home where we live. Fortunately we have all the gear.

I played fairly well considering I was using hire clubs and the wind was pumping.
View attachment 117101
Great view of the mountains in the background. Maybe a good tee-off place.
Is ‘happy as Larry" an expression of some sort?

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Winter is upon us. Not gradually as in most years but over just a few days. One day I’m busy with outdoor projects and the next day they sit stalled, as if time has stopped.
View attachment 117098
View attachment 117096
View attachment 117097
One of my favourite things about snow is the way it reveals the stories of little happenings. Here, the story of two birds crossing paths.
All PureShot.
GReat snow pics, Brian. Love the first one of the wheel barrow.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Today I thought about Starzee at 2:00pm and raised my flight of beer to her in a long distant “Cheers!” :D It’s a newly opened brewery in Montclair, NJ - I was hanging out with a couple friends and we popped in and decided to sample some beer. It was empty when we got there, but soon there were several people, 3 toddlers running around and one furry four-footed guest. :D I wanted to take his picture at 2:00pm but didn’t see him. :confused: Maybe he was outside having a constitutional, because I saw him on our way out. It has a great vibe, friendly people, and if this was in my ‘hood I’d soon be a regular. Darn it!

436F0C95-15E6-479A-9090-B618294792FB.jpeg

Annie, the bartender

F11BECE5-42B6-4102-82B0-FCB9D4015AD4.jpeg

50D3C6E7-A5B9-42D2-9C95-9FEEA6B82EE9.jpeg

Lou, the owner (wearing cap). He’s originally from West Africa.

F12DD6A8-AEBD-441C-8455-4AFB8A7F1AFA.jpeg

Snapseed

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Today I thought about Starzee at 2:00pm and raised my flight of beer to her in a long distant “Cheers!” :D It’s a newly opened brewery in Montclair, NJ - I was hanging out with a couple friends and we popped in and decided to sample some beer. It was empty when we got there, but soon there were several people, 3 toddlers running around and one furry four-footed guest. :D I wanted to take his picture at 2:00pm but didn’t see him. :confused: Maybe he was outside having a constitutional, because I saw him on our way out. It has a great vibe, friendly people, and if this was in my ‘hood I’d soon be a regular. Darn it!

View attachment 117104
Annie, the bartender

View attachment 117107

View attachment 117105

View attachment 117106
Snapseed
Nice BWs. Yeah, wish I had more interesting places in my hood. Always so far to go.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 117104
Annie, the bartender

View attachment 117107

View attachment 117105

View attachment 117106
Snapseed
What a cozy atmosphere. I want to go there! And, Cheers! to you!

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 117104
Annie, the bartender

View attachment 117107

View attachment 117105

View attachment 117106
Snapseed
Very nice B&Ws. I especially like the one with the people silhouetted in front of the tanks.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
View attachment 117098
View attachment 117096
View attachment 117097
All PureShot.
WOW!! That's a full on load of snow! Winter has arrived, and you captured it beautifully. We had a brief snow storm on Thursday that dumped around 4" and the roads were a mess like I've not seen before (the NJ Turnpike was completely unplowed/salted - NJ was sooooo off it's game, not cute Phil Murphy!! Not cute...) - it took me 4 hours to get home from work. :eek: :barf: :eek: :barf: Then it started raining late that night and warmed up the next day, and there ya go.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

View attachment 117101
So beautiful.... and how lovely to have those mountains as a back drop. :inlove:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I know I’m late, too late to be precisely. :)
Nevertheless my 2 o’ picture would be black in black as I was still asleep. Had a very hard week, levering the office past 9pm or even shortly before the day. In short i was lack of sleep and instead of a short additional nappy I fell seriously asleep again. Woke up at 2.30 and the hurried to get ready as I needed some time out. So I left home at 3.15 and touched ground on my target 20 minutes later: the New Old Town and now that it is officially opened (since the end of September) I could leave the tube at the station exit right opposite the Golden Scale. I am starting my short story with this picture, taken at 3.46 pm:
The market with the Stoltze fountain with view to the cathedral in afternoon sun.

9D7BE8A9-84AD-4978-AFE0-B5B78FADAA30.jpeg

And because I haven’t yet told you, here is another highlight lying underneath the new old buildings on the right of the upper pictures: ancient walls found under Frankfurt decades before when they were building the technical city hall that now is destroyed and resurrected with the old new buildings. The oldest wall parts are from Stauffer era. It is a historic place that can be vistided 24 hrs a day and if you like history, it THE place to go:
Here at the entrance you see a bit of the new building in front with a door you better no open otherwise you fall down into the exhibits. The landing we stand on give you an overview …

B4EB76D9-CD74-4FC7-8607-246392C63409.jpeg

… and still on the landing, turning approx 70 degrees to the right shows you the beauty of it. Would you have turned 90 degrees you would see the stairs down.

4248EABE-3366-4EA5-A556-11562E77F95A.jpeg

Now after the ancient wall I went back to some newer ones, the Schirn, and end of time schedule for TS) where I went to see two new exhibitions.

FB7A7017-4764-4D91-9CED-D16B75284D33.jpeg

The first was called “Wilderness” and showed the famously known Henri Rousseau picture of the lion and his prey as well as very modern art. This is just one example.

CDE4436E-B843-41ED-91A6-FAFDEBF65350.jpeg

After that on the other wing was an exhibition of a German artist whom the called the “Lion-Kuhnert” as he was fascinated by the “King of the Animals” (which is also the name of the exhibition) and drew and painted lions more than any other creature, though he did do others. Many others and so greatly realistic. Wilhelm Kuhnert (1865–1926) died with the age of 60, but his works are really classics. I loved every single one. Absolutely stunning.

40A06CB5-7AFA-4A25-9D04-10FA7433AFF0.jpeg

TS images Hipstamatic, last two native XSmax. No edits.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Would you believe we have another power outage? It didn’t seem like much of a storm, first we had a couple of inches of wet snow. The snow plough went by late last night. Then the temperature plunged and the wind picked up. Power went out at 1:14am Wednesday. The temperature has hovered around -11°C all day with icy winds coming down from the north.
Not a nice day to be putting my snow tires on but that little patch of ground under the car was the only clear dry spot with no snow so jacking up the car went well. Anyhow, all 4 snow tires are on and ready to go. I was just about to turn on my air compressor to top up the tire pressures when I realized we have no power to run it.

When I checked the NBPower outage site this morning it gave the estimated time of power being restored at 8:30 to 9:30 am. Then it was 1:30 to 2:30 pm. Now it’s 9:30 to 10:30 pm.

Looks like I got that tree taken down at the one calm and mild time of the last several days. Wind can make it much harder getting the tree to fall in the desired direction. The tree has been roughly cut up into lengths and the debris dragged off the driveway. Before I finished the first stage of cleanup the snow had started. A gentle straight down settling of wet snow. Now it has become hard and icy.

Real poetry in the lines, real hard times in the words. Wow. When I read your stories I’m never sure if I like the kinda love swinging in your sentences like a song or should I pity for you with all that can happen? Snow, power outrage, ice … aaaaaah! :fearscream: