• Please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU to all our generous & supportive MobiMembers!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Time Stamp Closed: TS159 2pm Saturday Nov24

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Time Stamp - Phase 3

New Changes to Time Stamp: We have decided to dispense with the Wrap-up and the Grand Wrapper-Upper and see how that goes. No more favourite photo picked each week. In addition to posting our 2pm photos and the usual exchanges about photos and stories, the focus has changed to enjoying Time Stamp as a happening in itself.

If you have any ideas to make Time Stamp more fun please share them with us.
-------------------------------------
Join the intrepid Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is made, the creation date and time.

Normally there is no theme, but it could happen sometime so watch out:). Set your phone alarm or alert to go off at 2pm. Wherever you happen to be at that time make some photos that tell us something about your location, what you are doing, what you see, whatever is happening, or make something happen. An important detail is that your picture(s) must be made between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. See what others are doing in many places around the world.

If you would like some extra challenge to your Time Stamp activities make use of the opportunity to develop your ability to come up with good photos on the spot, or on demand, even when it seems there is nothing around to work with, and even if you don’t feel the least bit inspired. To discover the extraordinary among the ordinary. This is the skill of a photojournalist. Too often people only make photos when they feel inspired or when the weather is nice. It is about learning and personal growth. Sharpening your powers of observation and then igniting creativity to create something out of nothing. It is also the ability to make a good photo that can stand on it’s own without relying on a bunch of editing to prop it up. Time Stamp is also about sharing how you feel about the situations/subjects you discover.

Rules:
• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet. Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.
• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar.
• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. Try not to overuse this loophole.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’ll be there. Sitting cozily in the Time Stamp Café by the fire sounds like a good plan. More snow here daily. Getting chilly. Today's temperature starting out at -16°C (3.2°F) or 257.15° Kelvin.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I’m in.... unless it’s one of those days when I don’t leave my apartment..... o_O

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Sure I’m in, but just at the NWZ mall. And I see: it beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
While I waited for 2 o’ I took a picture for the map, showing the place where Santa is soon to sit with the children listening to their wishes.
64FCCEF0-3D33-4554-8B19-2E5B65F70674.jpeg

And I felt watched! When I looked up over my left shoulder I saw a reindeer or elk …

948B9017-1226-4971-846E-1C93C26AE8EF.jpeg

Then it was 2 and I found these cool windows at Peek & Cloppenburg (fashion store):
Star Cat

90AC9202-348C-4059-8A1A-F23D735411A4.jpeg

And Santa in his rocket (you must look close)

7EB351DC-8756-40E6-A46A-640F83CCB2BA.jpeg

And around the corner the vintage carousel for children.

CA02C617-6D59-4089-9A70-D011AAA8BB28.jpeg

And while passing by a close up of the zebra.

268A4300-3C60-4741-8362-5970FADDD5F0.jpeg

Now I’m taking a break at Starbucks to have my connection to the Time Stamp Café and post my Hipstamatics on 6Pod. :)

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Sure I’m in, but just at the NWZ mall. And I see: it beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
While I waited for 2 o’ I took a picture for the map, showing the place where Santa is soon to sit with the children listening to their wishes.
View attachment 117367

And I felt watched! When I looked up over my left shoulder I saw a reindeer or elk …

View attachment 117368

Then it was 2 and I found these cool windows at Peek & Cloppenburg (fashion store):
Star Cat

View attachment 117369

View attachment 117370

View attachment 117371

View attachment 117372

Now I’m taking a break at Starbucks to have my connection to the Time Stamp Café and post my Hipstamatics on 6Pod. :)
You really do have some fabulous malls Gouvy. Love the reindeer roof support. Definitely a found face.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
2:00pm finds me......yep! at home. :mobibabe: Literally dipping into some homemade almond butter for a little spoonful snack.

B041ED93-FF23-4545-A07A-D22E52BCECB6.jpeg

While getting ready to cook up some brown rice....
411D01E0-EF44-46E1-A8F8-575C12204156.jpeg

And start sprouting some seeds for the first time....
E5F23DEF-0E05-42F2-94C4-550361D16127.jpeg

And a little vignette just cuz.
05968557-B117-465F-B5AC-DB6C0F63EFB2.jpeg

Snapseed

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
View attachment 117367

View attachment 117368

Star Cat

View attachment 117369

View attachment 117370

View attachment 117371

View attachment 117372

And I thought New Jersey was the Mall Capital of the World! :D Great shots Gouvy... I can feel the energy of pre-Christmas shopping surrounded by the sounds of holiday tunes and the smells of Auntie Anne’s Pretzels (well, that last bit is native to USA malls but I’m sure you have a German equivalent.) :D

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 117367

View attachment 117368

Star Cat

View attachment 117369

View attachment 117370

View attachment 117371

View attachment 117372

Nice set of photos. It certainly seems your malls there go all out when it comes to displays and decorating for the seasons.

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The cold spell has broken and we enjoyed the mild weather (+2ºC). The mild weather caused the trees to shed a lot of their snow so the previously pristine areas of new snow became patchy with bits of fallen snow from the trees. Wind has also left its mark, much like a sand dune. Sunshine meant I could play with shadows.
DA6E967D-9AD4-4521-9D51-177CFF54CC91.jpeg

The low angle of the sun makes long shadows.

42D82E20-C026-4F5A-8012-D976A49F74D3.jpeg

I liked the blues in this shadier area with a patch of sun shining through.

6C7C2344-2D0A-459D-813F-E101ED4B84C6.jpeg

Like a snowed-in clothesline of washing

6CF98114-FC91-4C9F-8095-A8A8C3D8DFD1.jpeg

My parting (departing) shot. Wing feather impressions from a bird taking flight.
PureShot and Moment cam.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
The cold spell has broken and we enjoyed the mild weather (+2ºC). The mild weather caused the trees to shed a lot of their snow so the previously pristine areas of new snow became patchy with bits of fallen snow from the trees. Wind has also left its mark, much like a sand dune. Sunshine meant I could play with shadows.
View attachment 117392

View attachment 117393

View attachment 117395

View attachment 117394
My parting (departing) shot. Wing feather impressions from a bird taking flight.
PureShot and Moment cam.
Lovely!

deepop

No Mobi-limiter...
MobiSupporter
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I may be setting a TS precedent here because I’m going to post twice!
We were in Sydney at 2 PM just getting ready to board the train to the airport to fly to San Francisco. We were walking to the station at the Circular Quay and the streets were mobbed with tourists and Sydney-ites.
BFFFE0E6-C566-47D5-9D1A-ED8F673C6A84.jpeg

Downtown behind the quay
A3665272-F5BE-4612-8E63-A94B33740EDB.jpeg

Manley ferry passing a cruise ship
D082CFB5-DC18-4F7F-83DF-4AAD1048E9B7.jpeg

We flew out of Sydney at 6PM Saturday the 24th and landed in SF at noon the same day. By 2 we were in Berkeley at a friends house so I took a few photos of there objets.
1D66FABD-F19C-4CAE-A341-67EDAE8610A5.jpeg
F41F91A1-574D-40E3-BC4F-4C45649920A8.jpeg
09923DA1-1B4C-4567-8A15-ACBCA75C50BC.jpeg

Monday we’re back to Northampton with its below freezing temps, quite a change from our wonderful Australian spring.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
2:00pm finds me......yep! at home. :mobibabe: Literally dipping into some homemade almond butter for a little spoonful snack.

View attachment 117387

While getting ready to cook up some brown rice....
View attachment 117386

And start sprouting some seeds for the first time....
View attachment 117385

And a little vignette just cuz.
View attachment 117384
Snapseed
My favourite is the marvellous still life at trend, but the close ups are lovely and mouthwatering, too.
Tell me about the sprouting seeds: are they to put into the dish or into some soil for your balcony garden? They look like they are for to be seeded.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
And I thought New Jersey was the Mall Capital of the World! :D Great shots Gouvy... I can feel the energy of pre-Christmas shopping surrounded by the sounds of holiday tunes and the smells of Auntie Anne’s Pretzels (well, that last bit is native to USA malls but I’m sure you have a German equivalent.) :D
There was no jingle music around yet, but sure to come when the Christmas markets are opened next weekend with the first advent. And pretzels are sold all through the year here. :)

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 117392

View attachment 117393

View attachment 117395

View attachment 117394
PureShot and Moment cam.
Winter wonderland! I just love them! Especially the cloth line. :D and on the last I thought a bird had dropped dead and someone removed the body. Good to hear it might have been a feathered friend starting off into the sky. Never thought it would leave such deep marks. Maybe it was a legless bird? :flushed:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
We were in Sydney at 2 PM just getting ready to board the train to the airport to fly to San Francisco. We were walking to the station at the Circular Quay and the streets were mobbed with tourists and Sydney-ites.
View attachment 117400
Downtown behind the quay
View attachment 117401
View attachment 117402

We flew out of Sydney at 6PM Saturday the 24th and landed in SF at noon the same day. By 2 we were in Berkeley at a friends house so I took a few photos of there objets.
View attachment 117403 View attachment 117404 View attachment 117405
Monday we’re back to Northampton with its below freezing temps, quite a change from our wonderful Australian spring.
Awww, Sydney looks so wonderfully summery! Actually I’m already tired of winter though it’s not that hard yet, but I want some t-shirt weather NOW. :)
And what a great deal havin 2pm twice a day with such great images to illustrate this. :thumbs: just lovely

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
As it happens we were having lunch at 2pm after a long morning of walking where we wandered into an undesirable area and were fortunately warned by a young man but ended up retracing our footsteps which meant it took another one and a half hours to get back to our area.

Here is the place we were eating at 2pm.
IMG_7425.JPG

IMG_7424.JPG

Here is a small fraction of the wall art we encountered today
IMG_6834.JPG

IMG_6835.JPG

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 117400
Downtown behind the quay
View attachment 117401
View attachment 117402

No way! How cool is that!

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
As it happens we were having lunch at 2pm after a long morning of walking where we wandered into an undesirable area and were fortunately warned by a young man but ended up retracing our footsteps which meant it took another one and a half hours to get back to our area.

View attachment 117407
View attachment 117406

View attachment 117408
View attachment 117409
Wow! And woooooooow for the wall arts. Worth getting in danger. ;)

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My favourite is the marvellous still life at trend, but the close ups are lovely and mouthwatering, too.
Tell me about the sprouting seeds: are they to put into the dish or into some soil for your balcony garden? They look like they are for to be seeded.
You put them in a large Ball jar, and soak them. Drain the water and use the metal mesh inside the lid. Then turn upside down at an angle. Rinse and repeat every day for a few days until they sprout. Easy peasy!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
That’s gotta be so freaking weird!!!! :alien:
Your Sydney pics could almost be lower Manhattan/South Street Seaport. Love your friend’s tchotchkes.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

View attachment 117407
View attachment 117406

View attachment 117408
View attachment 117409
WOW. The street art is stunning!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Winter wonderland! I just love them! Especially the cloth line. :D and on the last I thought a bird had dropped dead and someone removed the body. Good to hear it might have been a feathered friend starting off into the sky. Never thought it would leave such deep marks. Maybe it was a legless bird? :flushed:
Usually when a bird takes off it pushes off the ground to help the take-off. The snow is strong enough to support the bird’s weight, but when the bird pushes-off, the snow collapses by the extra force and the bird’s feet just sink into the snow. You can see the holes in the snow where the feet would have been. Just behind where the tail would have been you can see a pair of bird tracks that’s are not deeply sunk into the snow. That’s why the bird’s wings have come into strong contact with the ground since they are closer to the ground than expected.

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 117400
Downtown behind the quay
View attachment 117401
View attachment 117402

This is great. Being in two different time zones at 2pm. I had imagined this event happening eventually. Very nicely composed photos in spite of travel fatigue.