Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Time Stamp Closed: TS160 2pm Saturday Dec-1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 29 November 2018.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Time Stamp - Phase 3

Wow! December already!

New Changes to Time Stamp: We have decided to dispense with the Wrap-up and the Grand Wrapper-Upper and see how that goes. No more favourite photo picked each week. In addition to posting our 2pm photos and the usual exchanges about photos and stories, the focus has changed to enjoying Time Stamp as a happening in itself.

If you have any ideas to make Time Stamp more fun please share them with us.
    -------------------------------------
    Join the intrepid Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is made, the creation date and time.

Normally there is no theme, but it could happen sometime so watch out:). Set your phone alarm or alert to go off at 2pm. Wherever you happen to be at that time make some photos that tell us something about your location, what you are doing, what you see, whatever is happening, or make something happen. An important detail is that your picture(s) must be made between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. See what others are doing in many places around the world.

If you would like some extra challenge to your Time Stamp activities make use of the opportunity to develop your ability to come up with good photos on the spot, or on demand, even when it seems there is nothing around to work with, and even if you don’t feel the least bit inspired. To discover the extraordinary among the ordinary. This is the skill of a photojournalist. Too often people only make photos when they feel inspired or when the weather is nice. It is about learning and personal growth. Sharpening your powers of observation and then igniting creativity to create something out of nothing. It is also the ability to make a good photo that can stand on it’s own without relying on a bunch of editing to prop it up. Time Stamp is also about sharing how you feel about the situations/subjects you discover.

Rules:
    • Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet. Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
    • All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.
    • In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar.
    • You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. Try not to overuse this loophole.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’ll be there for sure. December 1st already!
    We have had an early start on winter this year. I’ve done more driveway shovelling already than previous years by this time. We have had more power failures, too. Today in fact. The power just came back on around 6:30 pm and it had been out since 7am. Yes, another storm today. Not so much wind but about 8” of fairly heavy wet snow. Looks pretty, though.

I look forward to seeing you all at the Time Stamp Café.

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  3. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I’m in! :D

GroovyGouvy, FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  4. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Looks like I’m first poster this week. Around home and taking pictures with my iPad.
    I thought it was quite a coincidence that GroovyGouvy posted a picture of a stink bug last week and I found one today. Even though we have had freezing weather for the last 3 weeks plus snow on the ground I found this stink bug on a coiled extension cord outside I had used to connect the generator to my fridge & freezer during the recent power outages.
    F50A04C6-6C0A-4F7B-AA26-BBB076313DBB.jpeg

Next, here’s some parts I was rummaging around in while working on a project,
    2C09F02B-8A1A-413D-B357-FBF359119983.jpeg

While walking by my eyes were drawn to these freshly made cookies, I mean biscuits, on the table.
    632F2BB9-AD1F-4E3E-A693-9D2C41CB13ED.jpeg

And here’s a close up of a leaf finished in raku.
    F29B467C-80EC-4BE7-8E09-C3C475330D11.jpeg
    All iPad, PureShot and Snapseed.

5. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I was driving when my alarm went off at 2:00pm, but here’s part of today’s purchases:

35471542-6693-45D7-8D2F-035F566AB66A.jpeg

These will be featured in *that other* discussion thread on this same topic. :D

GroovyGouvy, ImageArt, deepop and 2 others like this.
  6. deepop

deepop No Mobi-limiter... MobiSupporter

David
    Device:
    iPhone Xs
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    At 2 I was moving wood from the backyard
    C11215BC-32FF-4177-BB4A-63A02BF58656.jpeg
    Into the garage
    226E4A1B-BBAC-4B20-BA0B-C20FFD97350B.jpeg
    And the house
    8B71E2B8-D3F1-424A-9A24-9E03E4216B9F.jpeg

zenjenny, RoseCat, Starzee and 4 others like this.
  7. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Pretty fancy metal racks you have there.

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  8. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Sorry folks. I switched off my alarm last week. Don’t know why so missed it altogether until the DH asked me what I had done for Timestamp this week. o_O

RoseCat, FundyBrian and GroovyGouvy like this.
  9. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Yum!

RoseCat and GroovyGouvy like this.
  10. ImageArt

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Gosh, lots of hard work!

RoseCat and GroovyGouvy like this.
  11. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Everything wonderful! Wondering what your project will be when finished.
    Your stink bug is more colourful than mine. And I like that it’s the same name in German and English. But wondering how it came to that name. I didn’t smell them. :flushed:

RoseCat likes this.
  12. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Yum!

RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  13. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Love he continuing story. :thumbs:

RoseCat and JillyG like this.
  14. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Therefore ImageArt Ann missed to post pictures I fill the space with mine. :D

Because of many different delays over the morning I just got to the tube station a 2 ‘o, so I started there instead of the inner city I had to go to.

2FB5520B-0870-4378-8CB9-821A24D4DA5D.jpeg

And out of TS I’ll walk you through the huge Christmas Market of Frankfurt. To give you an idea I marked it on a map and added where I took the pictures following up.

4746AA9E-9A59-4352-87AE-8AF22CB7E98C.jpeg

D37BEC84-FE4A-4036-93EC-9E75F90C281E.jpeg

More details:
    1: on the Römerberg with view to or civic hall, the Römer, and the giant Christmas tree, that is a Hessian one this year.

2: finally the Lady of Justice is back to her place in the middle of the fountain she belongs to. In the rear the Ostzeile, the first line of houses built after historic plans and now the older new old city. :)

3: before the St. Pauls’s Church (Paulskirche) at the St. Paul’s square (Paulsplatz)

4: view from Paulsplatz (in my back) over the Berliner Straße up to the Zeil

5: A little detour over the “Rosa Weihnachten” = “pink Christmas” the little Christmas market square run by the gays and lesbians society. Not much of a difference to the other, just the Christmas tree in the middle is a pink one. And they have a bit of different food.

6: At the Hauptwache, even more booths and people, that “flow” a little into the Zeil, …

7: … up to the street that comes from the Römer. Here the view down from the Zeil down to picture 4.

8: the lovely decoration of the MyZeil shopping mall.

9: the little market in the inner yard of the Thurn and Taxis Palais.

Hope you had fun to join me on the walk. What took me 2 hours altogether (with all that shoving through the people (and because it was day it wasn’t really crowded, wait till it’s dark!), you made it in several minutes. :D

ImageArt, deepop, zenjenny and 5 others like this.
  15. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I love all of these images! Especially the first two. Amazing that little bug is still around despite the temps. And with all the *stuff* you have in your collection, I could see you creating some cool sculptures.

GroovyGouvy, JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  16. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Stacked wood is beautiful to me... love the images and the story. Ahhhhhhh....I miss having a wood fireplace!

17. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    This type of chore is appealing to me. I think it would feel really satisfying, and there’s a ritual element to it (preparing for a changing season). One of my favorite times in my garden was trimming plants down for the winter, and gathering fallen leaves to put in all the potted plants for winter mulch.

18. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I love how you illustrated the story with the photo collages and map! Wonderful... your #1 image of the carousel is beautiful - my fave.

19. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Actually, I have been contemplating that exactly. Some would be pretty small, but I have bigger stuff, too. Unfortunately, a few months ago I retuned the leased argon cylinder for my mig welder because it wasn’t getting enough use. Now I have some other ideas for it. Some ideas follow the Steampunk theme, hence the gears.

JillyG, GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  20. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Yes!!!!! :thumbs: Seems the perfect project for the coming long winter months.

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  21. zenjenny

zenjenny MobiStaff Site Staff

jen
    Device:
    iPhone 6s Plus
    I’ve got Saturday pictures! Wait for meeeeeeee ! (But it’s late and I haven’t yet moved them from phone to iPad) .

FundyBrian, JillyG and RoseCat like this.
  22. zenjenny

zenjenny MobiStaff Site Staff

jen
    Device:
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Who does the raku? I’d love to learn that

JillyG and FundyBrian like this.
  23. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Whenever I look at this picture I think about the pleasing range of colours and how the cookies are nicely arranged, well balanced but not overly composed. The warm colours come from the subject matter rather than just a warm colour shift because I see the highlights are still neutral. And I wonder what the plate looks like without the cookies. Could it be a bird?

GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  24. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    A sheep. :D

GroovyGouvy, FundyBrian and JillyG like this.
  25. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    The person who made the pottery impression was Jacob, a boy at the time, maybe 9 or 10 years old. It was his father, Tim Isaac, a well known local potter, who did the raku firing, a specialty of his. I have made video in the past of him at work doing the Raku process, out in the back yard behind his house. Tim is also a local musician. He plays the cello and although classically trained he plays a more, ummm, electric style with a digital delay looper and wa-wah pedal. Jacob’s mother is also a gifted artist, painter, and sculptor.

GroovyGouvy likes this.