Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Time Stamp Closed: TS161 2pm Saturday Dec-8

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by FundyBrian, 6 December 2018.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Time Stamp - Phase 3

Anybody getting into the Christmas spirit?

New Changes to Time Stamp: We have decided to dispense with the Wrap-up and the Grand Wrapper-Upper and see how that goes. No more favourite photo picked each week. In addition to posting our 2pm photos and the usual exchanges about photos and stories, the focus has changed to enjoying Time Stamp as a happening in itself.

If you have any ideas to make Time Stamp more fun please share them with us.
    -------------------------------------
    Join the intrepid Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

Overview: Here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is made, the creation date and time.

Normally there is no theme, but it could happen sometime so watch out:). Set your phone alarm or alert to go off at 2pm. Wherever you happen to be at that time make some photos that tell us something about your location, what you are doing, what you see, whatever is happening, or make something happen. An important detail is that your picture(s) must be made between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. See what others are doing in many places around the world.

If you would like some extra challenge to your Time Stamp activities make use of the opportunity to develop your ability to come up with good photos on the spot, or on demand, even when it seems there is nothing around to work with, and even if you don’t feel the least bit inspired. To discover the extraordinary among the ordinary. This is the skill of a photojournalist. Too often people only make photos when they feel inspired or when the weather is nice. It is about learning and personal growth. Sharpening your powers of observation and then igniting creativity to create something out of nothing. It is also the ability to make a good photo that can stand on it’s own without relying on a bunch of editing to prop it up. Time Stamp is also about sharing how you feel about the situations/subjects you discover.

Rules:
    • Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet. Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
    • All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.
    • In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar.
    • You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. Try not to overuse this loophole.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

2. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I’m in! Our Christmas tree is up. We cut it ourselves at a U-cut Christmas tree farm. Getting out all the Christmas decorations. I keep putting wood in the wood stave to keep us warm. It’s getting colder outside. Looking a lot more like winter.

RoseCat likes this.
  3. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    How is it almost Saturday again already? And how is December here???? This year has FLOWN by. :fearscream:

FundyBrian likes this.
  4. rizole

rizole In for it!

Device:
    Samsung
    At 2 today we were at a friend's who father recently died so photography would have been inappropriate so today I'll invoke time shift on humanitarian grounds.
    Today we had sushi and visited the barbers. Here's snaps from around town.
    At the wavy steps.
    20181208_132534.jpg
    Outside the barber's.
    20181208_135104.jpg
    And Willy the bin.
    20181208_135514.jpg

Last edited: 8 December 2018
    Starzee, GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and 3 others like this.
  5. ImageArt

ImageArt MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ann
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    I was busy finishing the Christmas tree in the lounge and I’ve just started making a sort of Scandinavian tree for the dining room which I saw in Pinterest. Went out in the garden and cut down some of the branches of a tree encroaching from the forest into our garden. You will have to wait until next week to see the second ‘tree’ decorated and finished. :)

Snapseed
    FDBEFEEA-C88B-4494-A7ED-5098F69879E1.jpeg

No edits
    DA2BC89E-BE3E-46AB-B789-70820E970C7C.jpeg

Starzee, GroovyGouvy, RoseCat and 3 others like this.
  6. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    I was in the middle of a project when my 2pm alert sounded. Maybe next week it will be finished :appsir:

On my way outside I passed Fabi’s latest painting, just finished. Here’s a close up of one part.
    C730B803-F109-404F-A36A-6A1BA8F12D61.jpeg
    Then out to the greenhouse where I was sawing pieces of rigid plastic to make something.
    0565518D-2295-4484-ACAE-B279D7765FA8.jpeg
    Residual melted plastic on the blade.

My saw what says saw.
    B21E4A55-55EF-4185-B57F-E1E905653F8E.jpeg

A close up of the interior texture of an acrylic angel illuminated from below with coloured LED lights.
    449EA62E-218D-43C4-A87E-D412B4CC8FD5.jpeg
    All with native Apple cam and a couple of minor tweaks in the Photos app.

7. terse

terse MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ted
    Device:
    iPhone 7
    The painting is fascinating in closeup. Does she use a palette knife for that?

8. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Yes, but not on the paint. This painting started with about 1/4” of plaster applied to the canvas with various palette knives. She essentially sculpted the picture in white, just using light to reveal the contours. Once it had dried for 3 days she added the paint.

9. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    This afternoon I hung out at Catsbury Park in Asbury Park, NJ. :hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat: It’s a fabulous space with so many comfy nooks and places to climb. There were 17 cats in residence today. And they were mostly sleeping, as cats do. :rolleyes:

5C3F1F81-C3DF-4D3E-9AF3-437229FB582A.jpeg A963677C-FA9F-4A86-AD52-BF93DBF9A5ED.jpeg

The lighting was crappy but these two were just so sweet... :inlove:
    AAF239CA-C737-4917-82CA-C307CA83656B.jpeg

And what do you know, it’s Santacon today too.
    57FE2172-ED99-451D-BB63-1F9C3E94CC4B.jpeg
    1FBE8CAC-E6FC-46F4-A583-74D18ED8650E.jpeg

10. terse

terse MobiLifer MobiSupporter

Ted
    Device:
    iPhone 7
    Is that a giant hamster wheel in the second (or is it fourth?) photo?

ImageArt, GroovyGouvy and JillyG like this.
  11. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    YES!!!!!! :lol: I so wanted one of the cats to play in it but no luck.

12. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Wouldn’t that make a great video.

13. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    YES. :D

14. FundyBrian

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 8 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Could you tell us some more about Catsbury Park. Is it a pet store, kitty daycare?

The Santa group is quite interesting, too. It looks like a Christmas office party gone mad. A lot of different interpretations of Santa & helpers. I’m sure Santacon attracts a fun group.

GroovyGouvy likes this.
  15. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Somehow I had the idea to visit two old friends I haven’t seen 40+ years. I walked the way I took when I was a kid. And this lead me through “The Old Graveyard”. Many things along the way have changed, I admit most to good. I was fascinated how the Greaveyead changed. It was always a walk through little green park, we talk of back in the 70’s, but the tomb stones were spread all over the place. On the sign I read it was restaurated just back in 2012. They moved the remaining tombstones to one spot and turned the rest of the little green into a chilling park.

3E9235E4-DD0F-4C86-9061-199EB2210370.jpeg

I’m actually not sure if the church was there back then, but it looks beautifully. I forgot to have a look what church it is, but I think it might be Greek.

6834AA8B-FA84-4C17-B429-F2DBDD5D24E8.jpeg

The tree that was already a tall one when I walked this way every working day.

63D8DDCF-F98D-45BC-A36A-075B27D0C6ED.jpeg

The spot of the remaining tombstones.

AB924D17-3EBB-4DA6-A243-8B662161E143.jpeg

And the park from with the church in my back.
    5B6FCA41-8496-4F08-A7DD-79B30D7DCE14.jpeg
    And 10 mins later, even within TS schedule I met my childhood friends on the courtyard of my school back then. It’s name changed but these two are still there. When we played on the ground they were our planets, space ship bridge of Star Trek or other imaginary places in our plays. In the rear the table tennis tables were there, too. I remem-bear-ed we often had a ball but no bats and played with our books as bats. :D
    But now around the have a real playground there, with bits to climb and other activities. Really cool. But that may have saved the bears. They are looking good for 1000s of pupils that they must have seen during the 40+ years. I still couldn’t find out who made them, no plate or hint, but I still have a soft spot for these bears – they rock. :D

5A6ABBDD-9F79-4C09-AD74-842283E0FD9B.jpeg

ImageArt, JillyG, FundyBrian and 3 others like this.
  16. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Catsbury Park is a non-profit cat cafe and tea house. When you first walk in there are tables and chairs, some merchandise for sale and a counter to purchase tea, lattes, cookies and baked goods. All sales go towards feeding/caring for the cats. Admission to hang with the cats is $11 (again, this goes towards their care). I bought a donut and a t-shirt. :D Then you walk into a little foyer which is a safeguard in case one of the cats decides to dart out of the cat cafe. The cat cafe has more tables and chairs, benches, stools, and all sorts of toys, shelves for climbing/perching, hideaway cubbies, etc. for the cats.
    “Christmas office party gone mad” is a perfect description. I’ve never participated in Santacon - I probably would have loved it in my younger days - but from some of the articles I’ve read, it gets to be a drunken, messy mess (people start drinking in the afternoon... I saw Santa’s while I was driving around looking for a parking spot at 1:30pm). :barf::tongueclosed:

ImageArt, GroovyGouvy and FundyBrian like this.
  17. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    What a wonderful thing to do!! I love this story... :inlove: I love visiting childhood memories when I go home. I was in L.A. several years ago and tried to find one of my childhood homes but didn’t have the address. I’ve since found the address while going through some of Mom’s memorabilia, so I Google Earth-ed it, but someday I want to visit and walk around. Most every time I visit Washington state I do the same.

18. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Your tree is lovely, and I so love the Scandinavian tree!! Can hardly wait to see it finished.

19. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Looking forward to seeing what you made... :sneaky:

ImageArt and GroovyGouvy like this.
  20. RoseCat

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Great perspectives, as you always do... love the cigarette butt-in-pipe. :thumbs:

21. JillyG

JillyG MobiLifer Mobi Veteran

Jilly
    Device:
    iPhone Xs Max
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    My first thought was “Does it smell catty?”.:smilecat:

ImageArt, GroovyGouvy and RoseCat like this.
  22. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Did you climb, too? :) Oh I love the Santa con! Never heard of such a thing, but it is soooo American! Love it and all of your pictures are :inlove:
    A) cats added to the Time Stamp Café
    B) should I ever get to New York, would you take me to that cat place?

RoseCat, ImageArt and JillyG like this.
  23. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Cool images, Riz! Are those stubs in the pipe or emergency storage?
    Love the birds. :) :thumbs: and the others are great! :D

ImageArt and JillyG like this.
  24. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365

Wow! What a beautiful tree! And I'm looking forward to see your handcrafted completed. :inlove:

ImageArt and JillyG like this.
  25. GroovyGouvy

GroovyGouvy MobiLifer

Gouvy
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    My faves the acrylic angel and the close up of Fabis's work. May we see the complete picture? Pretty please. :)

FundyBrian and ImageArt like this.