Collages

Apps: Procreate, Union, iColorama, Repix

image.jpeg

I put the collage background together using photos that I had. Here are the photos:

image.jpeg

This was the silhouette which I got from a painted collage I did:

image.jpeg

I love the way the textures and the edge treatments make this look like a real physical collage rather than a digital one.
Thanks, Ted. I used the Effects>Raised in iColorama at the end of this one to give it that look. I'm chuffed with that comment as this is what I am trying to achieve.

I decided to do a collage of something I love. Can you guess what/who?

image.jpeg

Really too many images to put up thumbnails. Probably too many actually to make a picture that doesn't look a mess, but ... iColorama for the collage. The original photos were cropped in Snapseed.

I decided to do a collage of something I love. Can you guess what/who?

View attachment 80657

Really too many images to put up thumbnails. Probably too many actually to make a picture that doesn't look a mess, but ... iColorama for the collage. The original photos were cropped in Snapseed.
Well there's obviously a bit of the London Marathon in this. Did you run it? Or is it a beloved car?

PS I think it's grand. I think that's what collages are all about!

I love the way the textures and the edge treatments make this look like a real physical collage rather than a digital one.
Thanks, Ted. I used the Effects>Raised in iColorama at the end of this one to give it that look. I'm chuffed with that comment as this is what I am trying to achieve.

That's a good tip :thumbs:.

Well there's obviously a bit of the London Marathon in this. Did you run it? Or is it a beloved car?

PS I think it's grand. I think that's what collages are all about!

No, I could never run a marathon. Rog ran one in 2003. These are his favourite things.

Lovely An. Very impressive as always. What's different about Metabrush?
It only has brushes and it has layers. You can select a photo as your source and with some of the brush effects you can select a photograph as your colours. If you look closely at the image above at the green area around the eyes, it's actually lots of pictures of a person with crossed legs reading a book. The dummy at the bottom was a pink photo with leaves. I blended the final result back in IC with my usual Edges version.

There are four brush effects: Paint, Artist, Shatter and Stamp and at the moment the only one I am really finding useful is the Stamp brush. However, it is early days and I suspect there is still a lot of development to do. It is fairly unstable at the moment. It is definitely one I would use but you have to play around with it a fair amount to get anything useful and not all the brushes themselves work great. You have to find brushes which give you the look you want.

It only has brushes and it has layers. You can select a photo as your source and with some of the brush effects you can select a photograph as your colours. If you look closely at the image above at the green area around the eyes, it's actually lots of pictures of a person with crossed legs reading a book. The dummy at the bottom was a pink photo with leaves. I blended the final result back in IC with my usual Edges version.

There are four brush effects: Paint, Artist, Shatter and Stamp and at the moment the only one I am really finding useful is the Stamp brush. However, it is early days and I suspect there is still a lot of development to do. It is fairly unstable at the moment. It is definitely one I would use but you have to play around with it a fair amount to get anything useful and not all the brushes themselves work great. You have to find brushes which give you the look you want.

So would you say it does different things to the brushes in iColorama?

So would you say it does different things to the brushes in iColorama?
Teresita includes the same type of brushes and the actual brush effects are the same but feel a little different :eek:. Some of them like the Artist brush feel a lot different. I wonder though, if this is because she has some tweaking to do. Actually, I have to be honest I had forgotten that you could set a photo as your colour in IC so this isn't different either BUT the effect is more pronounced in Metabrush or MB as everybody is calling it.

The main difference is really the layers and I wonder if Teresita has decided to develop a different app because it's too difficult to integrate layers into iColorama. As a passed programmer, I know that starting again can sometimes be easier than rehashing what you already have if it's a major change. She hasn't added blending yet but I am sure this is in the pipeline. It's early days.

I did a test in iColorama and Metabrush using the Stamp Effect and the results were quite different. I ran it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't just the way I was applying the 'paint'. I liked the iColorama effect most but preferred the strong effect of the colouring photo in Metabrush. However, I think it might be because there seems to be a problem with brush size at the moment. They are much bigger in IC.

iColorama:
image.jpeg

MetaBrush
image.jpeg

Oh yes, and the interface is quite different.

Teresita includes the same type of brushes and the actual brush effects are the same but feel a little different :eek:. Some of them like the Artist brush feel a lot different. I wonder though, if this is because she has some tweaking to do. Actually, I have to be honest I had forgotten that you could set a photo as your colour in IC so this isn't different either BUT the effect is more pronounced in Metabrush or MB as everybody is calling it.

The main difference is really the layers and I wonder if Teresita has decided to develop a different app because it's too difficult to integrate layers into iColorama. As a passed programmer, I know that starting again can sometimes be easier than rehashing what you already have if it's a major change. She hasn't added blending yet but I am sure this is in the pipeline. It's early days.

I did a test in iColorama and Metabrush using the Stamp Effect and the results were quite different. I ran it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't just the way I was applying the 'paint'. I liked the iColorama effect most but preferred the strong effect of the colouring photo in Metabrush. However, I think it might be because there seems to be a problem with brush size at the moment. They are much bigger in IC.

iColorama:
View attachment 80872
MetaBrush
View attachment 80873

Oh yes, and the interface is quite different.

Yes, there's a marked difference. I like the "cleanness" of the IC version. But I like the small brush in the MB one. Always room for another brush app, particularly from Teresita.

Yes, there's a marked difference. I like the "cleanness" of the IC version. But I like the small brush in the MB one. Always room for another brush app, particularly from Teresita.
Actually I think a blend of the two would probably be good.

Back
Top Bottom