• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

New Come walk with me...

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I was inspired on my walk to try something new... :)

I invite the MobiFamily to join this thread and add your short - up to 1 minute - video. Bring us along on your walks, your drives (if you're the passenger, that is! :eek: ), your errands, or just out in your backyard.

To upload a video, either upload to your own YouTube or Vimeo channel and post the link here, or upload to the MobiTog YouTube Channel and post the link. :thumbs:

Needless to say all videos must be taken with a mobile device. :whistle:

Videos will view better if shot in landscape, rather than the narrowing portrait format!

To start things off, here's a short video from my walk today.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

I invite the MobiFamily to join this thread and add your short - up to :30 second - video. Bring us along on your walks, your drives (if you're the passenger, that is! :eek: ), your errands, or just out in your backyard.

Oooh I love this. :inlove: I get to see you and spend a short (30 seconds) time with you in the great outdoors. Watch this space. Benson and I will be coming to a device near you shortly.:D

PicsbyJCG

MobiLurver
Real Name
Christer
Device
Sony
Question: can we upload a vid' here, right from the phone/comp? I don't want to upload to YouTube & I've deleted my Flickr account (waiting for Yahoo to get the --- out).

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
That's a question for Venomator. I think you can from a web browser? But not the app? I had difficulty before but can't remember why so that's why I just do YouTube....

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
That's a question for Venomator. I think you can from a web browser? But not the app? I had difficulty before but can't remember why so that's why I just do YouTube....
Good question Cat and relatively easily answered... :rog:

We already have a huge amount of space dedicated for the iMages loaded direct to MobiTog, and with videos being even more bandwidth hungry, we have had to limit video uploads to those via YouTube or Vimeo and so on... :eek:

It is one of simple economics I'm afraid, but it is so very easy to use the existing services and link straight in to MobiTog from them that we don't really need to contemplate any other way... :whistle:

And we do have a MobiTog YouTube presence where anyone could enter their videos and link from and to (so don't forget to link to us if you don't load your stuff direct to MobiTog/Youtube... :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Thanks Rog!! [emoji106]

So Christer, you can just upload a video to the MobiTog YouTube channel, and then post the link here... no personal account required. Easy peasy!!

PicsbyJCG

MobiLurver
Real Name
Christer
Device
Sony
Well folks I have an YouTube account, I guess you can call it abandoned. I used to share other people's uploaded music videos there, but every other day, some videos was deleted. Drove me nuts. Before I check out the MM channel, I'll give Vimeo a go. Had forgotten about it. Or more correct, mixed it up with that silly six seconds drivel, Vine whatever.

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365

I invite the MobiFamily to join this thread and add your short - up to :30 second - video. Bring us along on your walks, your drives (if you're the passenger, that is! :eek: ), your errands, or just out in your backyard.

This is a brilliant idea Cat, why have we not though of this before... :notworthy:

Also great to suggest a 30sec or so timeframe to help keep it short and the interest piqued... :thumbs:

Needless to say all vids must be taken with a mobile device... :whistle:

Could I also just suggest a better result may be achieved, purely for our viewing pleasure you understand, if the videos are shot in landscape, rather than the narrowing portrait format, just sayin'... :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
This is a brilliant idea Cat, why have we not though of this before... :notworthy:

Also great to suggest a 30sec or so timeframe to help keep it short and the interest piqued... :thumbs:

Needless to say all vids must be taken with a mobile device... :whistle:

Could I also just suggest a better result may be achieved, purely for our viewing pleasure you understand, if the videos are shot in landscape, rather than the narrowing portrait format, just sayin'... :D
Thanks Rog! [emoji4]

Oh, yes...... LANDSCAPE. Ugh. I forgot cuz I was doing a very RARE selfie :barf: and just automatically held it like that. [emoji16][emoji12]