• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

New Come walk with me...

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Just another short video with goose accompaniment.

I find video fascinating to watch. Watching the leaves floating on the water. The motion is hypnotic. It always makes me feel still photos are dead. Maybe Apple thought that, too, with the addition of Live Photos. I certainly make a lot of those.
Since I more or less decided to stick with my 7 Plus instead going to the X, I finally got around to getting the Moment case for my 7 Plus and the big bonus is I can use my add-on mic without having to remove the case first. I’m more likely to use it now, although that also means remembering to carry it.

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Some people find them annoying... I love the sound.
While visiting my brother (at the right time of year) the geese would be arriving and resting/eating in the empty farm fields of the nearby agricultural college. We would go out in the canoe and “park” right in the edge of the tall reed bed about 300’ offshore and wait. Eventually the geese would start flying in from the land flying low over the trees flying directly over us and landing on the water. Flock after flock. 300, 400, and more at a time. What a sound they made as they flew over and settled in for the night on the water

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Eventually the geese would start flying in from the land flying low over the trees flying directly over us and landing on the water. Flock after flock. 300, 400, and more at a time. What a sound they made as they flew over and settled in for the night on the water
Wow. :notworthy:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
While visiting my brother (at the right time of year) the geese would be arriving and resting/eating in the empty farm fields of the nearby agricultural college. We would go out in the canoe and “park” right in the edge of the tall reed bed about 300’ offshore and wait. Eventually the geese would start flying in from the land flying low over the trees flying directly over us and landing on the water. Flock after flock. 300, 400, and more at a time. What a sound they made as they flew over and settled in for the night on the water
Wow, get any photos of this???

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
You brought back a memory Brian. When I first started going out with Rog, we went birdwatching to Norfolk with a BW club. It was winter and we’d gone to see the huge (and I mean huge - over 1,000) flock of geese of different types. The flock of birdwatchers was almost as big as the flock of geese. There was one snow goose in this flock that everyone was trying to see. Anyhoo, I was standing in front of Rog, he decided to poke me in the ribs, I let out a yelp and the whole flock took off, filling the sky. What a sight and what a noise! Fortunately, the snow goose was easily seen when they landed, or I might have been court-marshalled!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
You brought back a memory Brian. When I first started going out with Rog, we went birdwatching to Norfolk with a BW club. It was winter and we’d gone to see the huge (and I mean huge - over 1,000) flock of geese of different types. The flock of birdwatchers was almost as big as the flock of geese. There was one snow goose in this flock that everyone was trying to see. Anyhoo, I was standing in front of Rog, he decided to poke me in the ribs, I let out a yelp and the whole flock took off, filling the sky. What a sight and what a noise! Fortunately, the snow goose was easily seen when they landed, or I might have been court-marshalled!
:lmao: What a great story.... :rog: :mobibabe:

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
A great story. Thanks for sharing. Isn’t it interesting how one thought can trigger a memory. I find birdwatchers, in general, don’t have much of a sense of humour when it comes to watching a rare bird.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m spending my third Thanksgiving “down the shore”, and was greeted with this magic yesterday... :inlove: I love that every year there are new experiences walking these shores.

That is SO restful to watch. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving in one of your fave places. Looking forward to seeing some images of the place.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
That is SO restful to watch. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving in one of your fave places. Looking forward to seeing some images of the place.
Wonderful!! Yes, I use to take the beach for granted when I was young. Strangely it is a lot more magical for me now!
Thanks ladies... I’ll definitely be posting more.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I pieced together a few videos in iMovie. The only edit I made was to apply one of their filters, which gives it a blue/lavender-ish cast. It felt like I was on an alien planet... so surreal.

Song: “An Angel Falls” from City of Angels soundtrack.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Went up to London on Thursday to see a friend, take some pics and see the lights. I threw this together quickly in Quik just to give you all a peek. I used a lot of Live photos that I changed in Hipstamatic.

I thought the Live photos worked very well, just long enough for a fairly quick style of cutting. And I loved the rabbit. :thumbs: