Congratulations and a few words of wisdom...

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
1/1/15:
Approximately 10 Mobimembers embarked on the journey that was the 2015 Project 52.
Approximately 25 MobiMembers embarked on the journey that was the 2015 Project 365.

12/31/15:
One Mobimember finished her quest to post 52 photos. Congratulations to mwolfer !! Well done, Mel!

Five MobiMembers finished their quest to post 365 photos. Congratulations to jarboleya2, Unkei, Lzed , ImageArt and psmoore . Well done, Jesús, David, Larry, Ann and Paul.

These six photographers persevered through a lot including, but I am sure not limited to, creative block; illnesses; injuries; and hospitalizations but they all managed to post their images in some form or fashion. It has been my pleasure to visit with all of the participants on a daily (or almost daily basis) to watch y'all work on your projects. For those who did not finish, congratulations on the outstanding attempt that you made! Perhaps you will want to try again in 2016.

Note:
deepop (David) began his Project 365 in September so he is a quarter of the way to completion. Keep up the good work!

Now, some of our finishers have graciously offered some words of wisdom to help inspire all of the participants in the 2016 Project 52 and Project 366.
mwolfer (Mel):
The 52 challenge was perfect for me. I work a lot of hours but tend to spend more time taking pictures on the weekends. It is something I would like to do again because I NEED to feed the creative side of my brain and the challenge motivates me to get out and do it!!!

Thanks to Lisa for her encouragement and hours spent in the challenge threads inspiring us all to complete the year!

jarboleya2 (Jesús):
Hi there,

Make a 365 is:
- A challenge and you have to see.
- Not easy.
- It is very easy to leave.
- The first thing you need is to be motivated.
- You need to make it a habit (Remember the rule of 21 days).
- Better make 365 in a public forum and your commitment is public.

From my experience I can comment:
- No search results perfectly.
- Post pictures that appeal to you, do not think of others.
- You can help yourself to find your photographic style.
- Do not obsess with each photo is better than the last.
- Take tons of photos, always you find one to publish.
- When you find an interesting place, use it to include multiple photos.
- If for any reason you do not publish for a while, do not worry.
- Make a photo 365 is a commitment to yourself, stick to it!

Upon completion of the photo 365 I have the following feelings:
- Mission accomplished.
- I've improved as a photographer.
- I've tried many applications to find a few that are what really use.
- I confirmed that to improve as a photographer does not need to buy a DSLR camera.

Finally I want to say my experience in Mobrog:
- It's a great place to make the 365.
- You are always accompanied by other photographers who also do.
- You'll feel supported.

I want to thank:
- A Mobitog as a site for making it possible.
- To thank all the likes and comments.
- I want to thank you for your unconditional support, I don't put names to not forget anyone.
- I especially want to thank Lisa Waddell (lisamjw), your support has been vital to achieve this. You have been my guardian angel. Many thank thank thank thank thank thank to you LISA!. I send you a kiss and a hug from Spain to Texas.

Congratulations to all who have completed the picture 365 and the picture 52

Lzed (Larry):
The 365 has been both a good thing as well as a pain sometimes :)
Mostly it has been fun coming up with something that I feel like sharing and following others on their 365 journeys has been really good.
Occasionally you sit scratching your head and try to find something to post, especially when you have not taken any pictures.
The first month or two was the hardest to try to keep up to date but after that it becomes a routine. I started off trying to do both a 365 as well as a 52 but soon concentrated on only the 365. Maybe this coming year I'll switch to just the 52 but will see.

ImageArt (Ann):

This was a great year for me to choose to do a 365 day challenge because I knew I would be going to lots of places so had the opportunity of taking many interesting photographs and also recording the year. I also had plenty of time to actually go out and take photos and to doctor them if necessary and I think this is crucial. If it's going to be a busy year for you, it really is going to be difficult for you to keep going. I also had a blog to maintain and this forced me to keep going too.

Probably slightly different from the other 365ers I committed to taking a photo everyday and this is the photo I would use for that day although I wasn't strict about trying to get it up on the site each day. It didn't necessarily have to be edited on the same day but I wanted it to be taken on the right day. This really is hard work and there were about 5 occasions where I didn't manage this because of a full day of travelling or just clean forgetting and then I used a photo from the next or previous day.

I think my photography got better in the first couple of months and then levelled out. The disadvantage was sometimes having to post a photo which I didn't think was very good but which had to do because it was all I had for that day. Serious photographers always say you should only post your best photos but I don't think this is feasible with 365 day project the way I did it.

It was a great challenge and worth doing once!

psmoore (Paul):
I can follow up with what everyone else says. It's difficult. I felt like I was taking pics of the same thing over and over and over again. I ended up using a bunch of pics on vacation (so technically I didn't take and post a picture a day, but I posted 365 pics. I would forget and have to post two or three or more when I remembered to get in, etc.

By all means though, sign up and go for it. Take pics of things you like and that you find interesting and the most important part is have fun! I enjoyed following the other 365er's images as well. It is really neat to see different parts of the world that I'll never get to see.

Also, I've downloaded more apps then I can shake a stick at from reading posts and checking out pictures from on here at Mobitog!

I'm not doing another 365 this year (2016). I'm going to do a Project 52 instead, where I can try and find 52 real neat images. My theme is gonna be all Hipstamatic and mostly B/W. I'm not a big BW fan, but I think the challenge will be fun!

Good luck and I'll be checking out everyone's 366 this year too!

Last edited:
I am happy to report that we actually have a fifth photographer that completed the Project 365! Congratulations to Ann (ImageArt)! Due to technical difficulties she could not post her image for the last day until yesterday. She is putting together some words of wisdom for this year's participants and I will post them very soon.

I am happy to report that we actually have a fifth photographer that completed the Project 365! Congratulations to Ann (ImageArt)! Due to technical difficulties she could not post her image for the last day until yesterday. She is putting together some words of wisdom for this year's participants and I will post them very soon.
Way to go Ann!!'

Back
Top Bottom