Creating a new Blank Photo Album in Facebook

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Hi y'all, if you, like me, are frustrated with the newest version of Facebook and iOS6, especially when it concerns adding New Albums to your Facebook page, here are 2 solutions that I've discovered. I'm posting it here, as I know many of you have Facebook accounts and post your iPhoneography images there, and sooner or later you will be wanting to create a new album or organise your photos. Hope it helps!

OK, so here's the How-To:

Ways to create a new Photo Album on Facebook.
30th September 2012

By AlyZen Moonshadow

OPTION 1:

Find an iOS device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) that is running an older iOS version. Version 4 seems to be ideal, but it may work on iOS5 too.

Login and access your FB profile on that iOS device. You should see the old format for FB if you have the right old version. Go to Photos, and you should see the “+” button on the top right corner to add a New Album.

Name and describe your New Album. You do not need to add any photos at this stage, but you may do so.

OPTION 2:

You will need to use your PC or Mac, and the internet version of Facebook. It won’t work on the App or even if you accessed the web version on an iOS device.

Using iOS6 and the newest version of FB, login and go to your FB profile. Click on Photos.

You will see a box “Create New Album”. Click on that.

You will be presented with a list of file sources from your PC/Mac. It will then ask you to download an image. Don’t worry if it’s not the image you want, as you will simply be deleting it once the Album has been created. So, select an image and load it onto the new Album.

Once your new album has been created, you can name and describe it. You can also try to add a date to your album, however I have found that the current drop-down list of dates ends at 26??

Now you have 1 image in your new album, and it’s not the image you really want for that album, just a proxy. Hover your mouse over the top right corner of that image. You will see a star and a pencil appear – click on the pencil for options. Choose “Delete this photo”.

You will be left with a new blank album, with a name and description. Same as if you’d used Option 1, but with less hassle!

So much for “improvements”, FB!!

I found this out the hard way after searching the internet desperately. It's a real PITA.

They've even managed to make moving photos from one album to another less intuitive. (FYI-When you open an album, you have to first click Edit for the album [upper right, next to add photos] and then, when the page reloads and shows the photos, you hover over a photo, there will be a pull down arrow in the upper right hand corner. Click that and choose "Move to other album")

Back
Top Bottom