• Please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU to all our generous & supportive MobiMembers!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

New Cross-Country USA Road Trip

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
What a great adventure! Looking forward to following along.

Coincidentally, Fabi & I just made a little road trip to my brother’s. Our annual getaway. Friday the 13th. A little over 1100km in one day. A clear but cool sunny day.
I really like the roadside areas where the road has been cut through a hill of bedrock, exposing a glimpse of the local geology. Some beautiful scenery in places along the first half of the trip. Along the Madawaska River and then the mighty Saint Lawrence River. Becoming more dominated by human activity in Quebec.
Fairly smooth sailing. Very light traffic in New Brunswick. Becoming increasingly busy nearer Quebec City and Montreal. About 1 hour outside of Montreal we came upon a highway construction project where all traffic was routed into one lane. Practically standing still for close to an hour. No way to know what was going on. A total distance of about 5km. On the other side of the construction (where there was nothing whatsoever happening and not a single workman-workperson around) we could see the same tie-up in the other direction. Rather poorly done we thought.
We arrived before sunset and our journey is done. Except local forays.

I will be looking forward to following your bigger adventure.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
You're on your way now?
I texted her with that exact message. :lol: I’m looking forward to seeing where she is.
Poor Cat, she's going to be hounded all the way across the country. "Aren't you asleep yet? You've got a long drive tomorrow!"
❤ :lol: ❤ :lol: ❤
You guys rock, and I’ll try to be a better poster. :D

The movers came at 2:00pm on Thursday, 9/12, and by the time everything was done I was exhausted, and didn’t want to be stuck in rush hour traffic. So I stayed the night at my dearest friend’s place (next door to mine!) and left on Friday 13th/Full Moon. :flushed: It was a very emotional goodbye for me... but my lovely traveling companion, Barrett, played Bohemian Rhapsody, we sung along, and soon I was smiling.

First stop was Arlington, VA where we stayed a night with an old friend of mine.

D1369D23-226F-4D95-B74B-5C1334A3ACF2.jpeg

Breakfast coffee at the Java Shack before hitting the road.

Then we headed to Roan Mountain, Tennessee, and are staying 2 nights in an Airstream. :blush: There is zero cell service and no WiFi in the Airstream, but currently I’m at the host’s beautiful home using their WiFi. Cindi has been a FB friend of mine for many years, and I followed along as she traveled the US in this Airstream with her husband for two years. Now I got to stay in it. :blush:

BF6BB2C6-4DDE-43BF-9B95-A256F360D6E6.jpeg

My morning view from the Airstream.

4A9EDCF9-2293-4034-A85A-9741047EF1A2.jpeg

Me & Barrett on our killer hike.

535BB15D-BBB7-4ECF-AB0A-C7423F4D140C.jpeg

Wild harvesting elderberries.

D2E0B509-5B92-46E4-B576-317EEB0F0B0E.jpeg

Barrett & Cindi

We hiked 9 miles today.... the entire first half was uphill. :eek: To say I’m going to sleep good tonight is an understatement.

Tomorrow we leave for Lebanon, TN, right outside of Nashville, and will stay in a glamping tent.

(All photos are unedited because I don’t have the energy right now... :whistle: )

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

The movers came at 2:00pm on Thursday, 9/12, and by the time everything was done I was exhausted, and didn’t want to be stuck in rush hour traffic. So I stayed the night at my dearest friend’s place (next door to mine!) and left on Friday 13th/Full Moon. :flushed: It was a very emotional goodbye for me... but my lovely traveling companion, Barrett, played Bohemian Rhapsody, we sung along, and soon I was smiling.

First stop was Arlington, VA where we stayed a night with an old friend of mine.

View attachment 149515

Then we headed to Roan Mountain, Tennessee, and are staying 2 nights in an Airstream. :blush: There is zero cell service and no WiFi in the Airstream, but currently I’m at the host’s beautiful home using their WiFi. Cindi has been a FB friend of mine for many years, and I followed along as she traveled the US in this Airstream with her husband for two years. Now I got to stay in it. :blush:

View attachment 149516

View attachment 149517

View attachment 149519

View attachment 149518
Barrett & Cindi

We hiked 9 miles today.... the entire first half was uphill. :eek: To say I’m going to sleep good tonight is an understatement.

Tomorrow we leave for Lebanon, TN, right outside of Nashville, and will stay in a glamping tent.

(All photos are unedited because I don’t have the energy right now... :whistle: )
I can tell this will be a great adventure!

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 149515

View attachment 149516

View attachment 149517

View attachment 149519

View attachment 149518
Barrett & Cindi

Errrm? No photo of the Airstream? Rog will be disappointed! Looks like it’s a great start to the trip.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 149515

View attachment 149516

View attachment 149517

View attachment 149519

View attachment 149518
Barrett & Cindi

9 miles! And uphill. Yup you gonna sleep well. It’s all so exciting!

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 149515

View attachment 149516

View attachment 149517

View attachment 149519

View attachment 149518
Barrett & Cindi

9 miles???

Looks like a great time!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
A0E9B307-194C-4636-9898-C2BDCE098423.jpeg

5B6815F9-36A1-47CB-909B-4D3A1304C89F.jpeg

Last night’s glamping adventure in Lebanon,Tennessee. So fun! There were sparkly lights shining up on the tree. :D

The second image was made by Barrett and his 1+ phone using the native camera app and night mode!! Amazing, I must say.

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 149598

View attachment 149600
Last night’s glamping adventure in Lebanon,Tennessee. So fun! There were sparkly lights shining up on the tree. :D

The second image was made by Barrett and his 1+ phone using the native camera app and night mode!! Amazing, I must say.
Yes, I see that now. The tent has such definition. Also an awesome image :)

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 149598

View attachment 149600

The lights in the trees look magical. The tent is very see-through though when the lights are on inside.:eek:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 149598

View attachment 149600

Oh this is so cool! I never thought in my 60s I’d have a yearning to do any sort of camping but I really fancy getting out of the concrete jungle and just being a bit closer to nature.