• Please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU to all our generous & supportive MobiMembers!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Cross-Country USA Road Trip

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I’m in a wee town for the night, Pendleton, Oregon, and am now in the PST time zone. Amazingly, this little town has an Indian, Thai, Vietnamese and Mexican restaurant! I chose Vietnamese and got a delicious bowl of vegetable Pho. :blush:

Tomorrow I head to Portland, Oregon for two nights, then the home stretch to Washington on Sunday. I can’t believe this cross country journey has almost reached its end.
Welcome to the Pacific Coast. :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
1AA63BA8-80F7-4ECB-B233-1A8FF6C00CF8.jpeg

A stop along the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, Oregon. It’s a crappy image because I had to zoom in. :p

Last edited:

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Stayed a night in Ogden, Utah, and was just delighted to discover this lovely town. Here’s the neighborhood where I stayed... the Airbnb was located right at the foothills of the mountain.

View attachment 149934

And this trail was a five minute walk from the house!

View attachment 149933

View attachment 149929

View attachment 149930

View attachment 149931

View attachment 149932

And there was a great little place in town where I got a kale smoothie... :drool: I so needed that.
I’m enjoying the scenery. Looks pretty dry there.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
5B875978-66F2-4B8D-8DD9-3F65739A11F2.jpeg

Welcome to Seattle!! :neutral: Luckily I got through it in 10-15 minutes.

Made it to my mom’s and she had homemade veggie soup + spelt bread that she had just baked.:blush:

5ABAC9CB-CB5B-4B42-8D64-E4BA1512489C.jpeg

We chatted a bit, then I headed to my friends’ house where I’ll be living until my THOW is built. They are so sweet! They set me up in their den which has its own little bathroom, a small closet and a sliding glass door to the backyard. I feel like I'm in a little apartment!

I’ve been fighting a cough almost the entire trip... today it has really kicked in and I’m lying in bed... :barf: I need to muster some energy to go to the store and buy food & more cough syrup. Not the way I expected to spend my first day here...... :persevere:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 150078

Made it to my mom’s and she had homemade veggie soup + spelt bread that she had just baked.:blush:

View attachment 150077

We chatted a bit, then I headed to my friends’ house where I’ll be living until my THOW is built. They are so sweet! They set me up in their den which has its own little bathroom, a small closet and a sliding glass door to the backyard. I feel like I'm in a little apartment!

I’ve been fighting a cough almost the entire trip... today it has really kicked in and I’m lying in bed... :barf: I need to muster some energy to go to the store and buy food & more cough syrup. Not the way I expected to spend my first day here...... :persevere:
Oh no! Poor you! But you have had Mum’s Soup, so you should be on the mend. And how lovely your new home sounds. Will you send me your new address in a PM or text please.:kissingheart:

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 150078

View attachment 150077

How great is that! You arrive at your mother’s place and get fresh baking and home made soup. I hope your cough gets better soon. Maybe you need some rest after all the travelling.