Dave Gray’s Project 365- 2022

5F9A573A-F8FD-4957-9A7F-CC295E890D50.jpeg

March 15th…..74/365…….I like the setting of this bunch of snowdrops with a rock face background.

That's an effective edit. And the grass looks like it's flowing toward the water :thumbs:
Not everyone’s ”cup of tea”…..but I do enjoy giving my photos the “Painterly” effect. There are so many fantastic landscape photos out in the community, taken by ordinary amateurs, I thought I’d try and do something different and more dramatic with my landscapes. I enjoy looking at landscape paintings, particularly by the masters like Turner etc, so the next step in my photography was/is to edit my landscapes to look a bit more like the “masters”……think it’s a love/hate relationship……There are those out there who wouldn’t dream of transforming their photos so drastically whilst there are many who enjoy the genre…..each to their own…..I only take photos and edit to my own tastes and if there are people out there who enjoy the vista….good…..but I’m not bothered if many don’t like effect.

Not everyone’s ”cup of tea”…..but I do enjoy giving my photos the “Painterly” effect. There are so many fantastic landscape photos out in the community, taken by ordinary amateurs, I thought I’d try and do something different and more dramatic with my landscapes. I enjoy looking at landscape paintings, particularly by the masters like Turner etc, so the next step in my photography was/is to edit my landscapes to look a bit more like the “masters”……think it’s a love/hate relationship……There are those out there who wouldn’t dream of transforming their photos so drastically whilst there are many who enjoy the genre…..each to their own…..I only take photos and edit to my own tastes and if there are people out there who enjoy the vista….good…..but I’m not bothered if many don’t like effect.
Different strokes, etc. I enjoy your painterly images.

Back
Top Bottom