rizole

It's not even my banana.
Real Name
rizole
Device
Huawei
Onsite
Project Page
So my mate with a real :rolleyes: camera has told me how to deal with haze with manual settings before but it was months ago and its fallen out of my leaky head. She's currently not answering her phone.

Anyone have any tips for me. 10 points if you get back to me before I get off this big hill.
IMG_20210905_152621.jpg

So my mate with a real :rolleyes: camera has told me how to deal with haze with manual settings before but it was months ago and its fallen out of my leaky head. She's currently not answering her phone.

Anyone have any tips for me. 10 points if you get back to me before I get off this big hill.
View attachment 170955
I'm guessing you don't have a polarizing filter with you. I don't know any other way to deal with it on the spot, so I do it in post-processing. Lightroom Mobile has a Dehaze adjustment in its Effects section (available in the free version).

Bummer.
I had to come down from the hill quite sharpish. All the ants nests accross several square miles of South Pennine moorland decided to swarm at once. There was no where to hide.View attachment 170963
Have you recovered whatever haze technique your friend told you about? If there's something possible while shooting without a polarizing filter, I'd love to know.

I doubt whether you can get a polarizing filter for most mobile devices (iPhone being the exception). I'd say post processing is the only way to go.

edit - I see you can get clip on ones.

I doubt whether you can get a polarizing filter for most mobile devices (iPhone being the exception). I'd say post processing is the only way to go.

edit - I see you can get clip on ones.
And if you've got a case that takes add-on lenses -- like the Moment cases -- you can probably find an adapter. I got one that adapts Moment's bayonet mount to a 37mm screw thread and then got a 37mm polarizer and a couple of neutral density filters to fit it. They work fine -- when I remember to carry them with me.

And if you've got a case that takes add-on lenses -- like the Moment cases -- you can probably find an adapter. I got one that adapts Moment's bayonet mount to a 37mm screw thread and then got a 37mm polarizer and a couple of neutral density filters to fit it. They work fine -- when I remember to carry them with me.
It all gets a bit expensive for me, I'll stick with post processing!!
There is a Moment case for the Pixel5 but I'll probably move to the Pixel 6 when I can and its probably going to be a much bigger phone, so I'd have to start all over (with the case anyway).

Have you recovered whatever haze technique your friend told you about? If there's something possible while shooting without a polarizing filter, I'd love to know.
Yes.
The first time she told me we we're discussing a photo and she was confidently and clearly telling me what she would do to overcome the haze.
This time...however...she was much more cagey about the whole thing. :mad:
In short, it's increasing the contrast in the photo set up (as opposed to post processing.) Her "real camera" has a landscape setting that will do it. And she'll also drop the iso low which increases quality and decreases brightness.
Decresing brightness I already know, I've never tried it with iso to speak of so it'll be interesting to try that.

Back
Top Bottom