• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

CLOSED Easter Egg Art, Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
How long since you coloured-in an Easter egg, or did the egg-blowing and -painting thing?
This Easter, we’d love to see your kids, grandkids, neighbours’ kids and/or of course your own Easter egg art. Digital, paper, Fabergé - whatever.
Take a photo and share it here. With proper credit, mind - no passing off Miss Six’ artwork as your own!

Anything goes - but to get you started, here’s a few possibilities:

D5248B65-4AA9-4C1B-85D8-DF9C4B65E794.jpeg

• For some gorgeous high art ‘decorated eggs’ inspiration- this Pinterest page
  • For colouring pages, hand-drawn and art-class inspiration - Google ‘Easter egg colouring pages for adults’
  • For a free app by Lemmings Labs (the guys who made the lovely Mandala app) - Egg Draw Lite

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
It’s been decades since I colored eggs... it’s changed so much since the simple Paas color dyes of the ‘60s when I thought the wax crayon was the ultimate in cool creativity. :lol:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
It’s been decades since I colored eggs... it’s changed so much since the simple Paas color dyes of the ‘60s when I thought the wax crayon was the ultimate in cool creativity. :lol:
Now’s the time, Cat - a colouring page or a photo of an actual egg....... :thumbs:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
0A75512F-E9E6-48DC-A72C-F04CCFA3E290.jpeg

This (believe it or not) took ages to mask in one layer at a time from my own sketches (SketchClub) and collage bgs. I’ve added a blacker, more burned template in case anyone wants to do the ‘magic eraser brush’ thing section by section. Somehow I lost some of the light & detail in my collage bgs in this one so I’ll try again. Fun, though :)

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
View attachment 144308

This (believe it or not) took ages to mask in one layer at a time from my own sketches (SketchClub) and collage bgs. I’ve added a blacker, more burned template in case anyone wants to do the ‘magic eraser brush’ thing section by section. Somehow I lost some of the light & detail in my collage bgs in this one so I’ll try again. Fun, though :)
I love it.... and yes I believe it took a long time... all that wonderful detail work. :notworthy: It looks like there’s a galaxy inside of it... I love the stars!!

younger

MobiLurver
Real Name
Juliana
Device
iPhone Xs
View attachment 144489

I cheated a bit ( a lot) because the egg is made in iOrnament. They have an egg shape for Easter! Then into DistressedFX for a bit more excitement. :D
That’s beautiful! I tried to create something with egg draw lite, but they all looked like Joana was the artist :zip: so then I tried to create one with her, and she didn’t quite understand the concept of drawing on a screen yet (I can’t really complain about that, to be honest!). So, no eggs for me!
View attachment 144297

SuperimposeX, Snapseed, Image Blender
Lovely!

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
That’s beautiful! I tried to create something with egg draw lite, but they all looked like Joana was the artist :zip: so then I tried to create one with her, and she didn’t quite understand the concept of drawing on a screen yet (I can’t really complain about that, to be honest!). So, no eggs for me!

Lovely!
Yes, I tried in Procreate using Symmetry, but it looked awful.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
View attachment 144524

I thought this one looked like it’d been forgotten in the attic for a long time. :lol: I persevered with Symmetry in Procreate - not sure I should have bothered!! Then Vintage HD for the folds and antique-y look.
It’s just lovely!! Looks like an old quilting piece.... or something (I can’t quite put my finger on what it looks like, but I love it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.