• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

Edit This Edit This! #13 @Kmenglee

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
We will invite members to edit one of our images. Images will be available for one week. We'll take four names at a time (see list here).

People offering an image will give some guidance/make some specific(ish) requests, e.g:
  • I'd like to see this image *pop* more
  • Not sure of the best crop
  • Any iColorama [or other app] suggestions?
  • How would you make this image into a mono?
  • How would you make it an abstract?
  • I seem to have lost the detail of the building/tree/people - can you bring it back without losing the fog?
  • How would you make the most of this mistake I made?
  • Only straight processing, please - nothing 'arty'
  • Knock yourself out - surprise me!
  • And so on

Roolz for contributing editors:
  1. Please respect requests (and the image) of the person offering. I.e: Don't offer a Decim8'd abstract if s/he has asked for 'straight processing only'. And vv. Don't add anything to the image that the original maker wouldn't be able to add her/himself: i.e., nothing from your own camera roll.
  2. Please provide a brief summary of and rationale for your editing processes (this is a group learning process).

Roolz for people offering images:
  1. Please be clear about what you'd like to see from others' expertises (see example q's above).
  2. Please acknowledge and comment briefly on each edit offered -- and offer a little wrap-up at the end of the week. Anything that struck you about a particular edit of your image? Something you've learned? An app you simply must purchase & learn? However you wrap up is up to you: but we'll all be holding our breath to hear what you think.

Please browse the thoughtful feedback and comments from our beta testers here
See the beta tests #1 #2 #3 and #4 for examples of previous questions and offered edits

Mobi Challenge guidelines are here.

Image #13 will be from Kmenglee Kuan Meng !

Kmenglee

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Lee Kuan Meng
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Sunrise at my golf club
2.jpg

The photo was taken early in the morning
Using FileBorn camera with FujiFilm 160NS and Lens at 35mm
No adjustments on exposure and white balance
Just snap it as it is
MobiTogs members you can do whatever with the photo
A vibrant photo, painting or sketch
Hope to see lots of edits on this one
Thank you

Last edited:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I love this sort of photo. I could immediately see the potential of it. The plants have almost a prehistoric look and I wanted to emphasis that.

Also I could see that it would work well with Coherence in IC. I first took it into Snapseed to bring out the detail and colours. Then I erased the background in Eraser and added a light yellow background. From here it was into IC Painter where I choose some different swatches and I combined this with the original and then went into LUTS in IC to give it the grey ghostly colours. Inbetween I used a bit of Coherence but I found that BeCasso did a good job at the end of bringing everything together and giving it the same look all over.

I couldn't decide which BeCasso look I preferred:

IMG_5247.JPG

View attachment

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I love this sort of photo. I could immediately see the potential of it. The plants have almost a prehistoric look and I wanted to emphasis that.

Also I could see that it would work well with Coherence in IC. I first took it into Snapseed to bring out the detail and colours. Then I erased the background in Eraser and added a light yellow background. From here it was into IC Painter where I choose some different swatches and I combined this with the original and then went into LUTS in IC to give it the grey ghostly colours. Inbetween I used a bit of Coherence but I found that BeCasso did a good job at the end of bringing everything together and giving it the same look all over.

View attachment 91190

View attachment 91191
WOW. That is an amazing transformation!

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs

View attachment 91190

View attachment 91191
I love the second one in particular. The toon styles in BeCasso are my current faves.

West End Girl

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Laura
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I've been observing from the sidelines for the previous 'Edit This' forums. Decided to give it a go this time...

First in IColorama...

IMG_1954.JPG

I just played around until I found a combination I liked.

Second started out in IColorama where I came across these black bars. They reminded me of window blinds ... looking at a fantastic view from inside. So, I needed to find a border that would finish off my vision. Found that in Framify...

IMG_1956.JPG

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I've been observing from the sidelines for the previous 'Edit This' forums. Decided to give it a go this time...

First in IColorama...

View attachment 91201

Second started out in IColorama where I came across these black bars. They reminded me of window blinds ... looking at a fantastic view from inside. So, I needed to find a border that would finish off my vision. Found that in Framify...

View attachment 91202
Whoa! I love that first one -- like a textile design or maybe a fantasy book illustration. Awewome :thumbs::thumbs:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

First in IColorama...

View attachment 91201

View attachment 91202
These are both so cool and WAY creative. [emoji144]‍♀ Agree with Ted re the first one...

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365

First in IColorama...

View attachment 91201

View attachment 91202
Yeah, what Ted and Catherine said. Love the first!

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

First in IColorama...

View attachment 91201

View attachment 91202
And I love the second one. So inventive - what a vision. Great image. :thumbs:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I wanted to focus on the view through the trees. Snapseed for the crop and I used the Brush to reduce the exposure and to lighten the view. Glamour Glow to soften the trees. Then into DistressedFX to add a cream overlay and to add the birds and a texture.

View attachment 91245
Your crop makes a beautiful frame around the space between the trees. The usual Jilly Brilliance at work.

rizole

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
I wanted to focus on the view through the trees. Snapseed for the crop and I used the Brush to reduce the exposure and to lighten the view. Glamour Glow to soften the trees. Then into DistressedFX to add a cream overlay and to add the birds and a texture.

View attachment 91245
Love this, really atmospheric.

rizole

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
I brightened and tweaked details and contrast in Snapseed. Picsart for oil painting fx and then snapseed again to expand the scene and heal where it looked a bit ropey. Last a bit of painting dodge and burn and saturation to bring back some of the lost depth.
tmp_25917-PicsArt_03-27-09.19.06-01-01-127793142.jpeg

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs

View attachment 91245
Great crop/framing, as everyone else has said, and beautiful colors. Also an interesting contrast -- the foreground trees & leaves look flat, 2D, while the distant background seen through the opening looks 3D.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I brightened and tweaked details and contrast in Snapseed. Picsart for oil painting fx and then snapseed again to expand the scene and heal where it looked a bit ropey. Last a bit of painting dodge and burn and saturation to bring back some of the lost depth.
View attachment 91256
Love the detail and the jungley look. :thumbs: