• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

Edit This Edit This! #5 @JillyG

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
We will invite members to edit one of our images. Images will be available for one week. We'll take four names at a time (see list here).

People offering an image will give some guidance/make some specific(ish) requests, e.g:
  • I'd like to see this image *pop* more
  • Not sure of the best crop
  • Any iColorama [or other app] suggestions?
  • How would you make this image into a mono?
  • How would you make it an abstract?
  • I seem to have lost the detail of the building/tree/people - can you bring it back without losing the fog?
  • How would you make the most of this mistake I made?
  • Only straight processing, please - nothing 'arty'
  • Knock yourself out - surprise me!
  • And so on

Roolz for contributing editors:
  1. Please respect requests (and the image) of the person offering. I.e: Don't offer a Decim8'd abstract if s/he has asked for 'straight processing only'. And vv. Don't add anything to the image that the original maker wouldn't be able to add her/himself: i.e., nothing from your own camera roll.
  2. Please provide a brief summary of and rationale for your editing processes (this is a group learning process. For the same reason, please offer just one or two edits - three if there's some profoundly educational point to be made.

Roolz for people offering images:
  1. Please be clear about what you'd like to see from others' expertises (see example q's above).
  2. Please acknowledge and comment briefly on each edit offered -- and offer a little wrap-up at the end of the week. Anything that struck you about a particular edit of your image? Something you've learned? An app you simply must purchase & learn? However you wrap up is up to you: but we'll all be holding our breath to hear what you think.

Please browse the thoughtful feedback and comments from our beta testers here
See the beta tests #1 #2 #3 and #4 for examples of previous questions and offered edits

Mobi Challenge guidelines are here

#5 offering is from JillyG!

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
And here it is. A boring little image really of an old farm shack. Please go wild. Do whatever you'd like to it - as little or as much as you have time for. One app or many, black and white or multicoloured - it's up to you. The main think is to have FUN!

IMG_0704.JPG

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
This image is beautiful and perfect already to my eye... [emoji7] I ran it through VSCO and applied C8 (I love the turquoise tone it gives the sky) and applied some fade and a tiny bit of vignette.

CD97F7E3-DBED-4B66-B634-594FE5E90B12.jpg

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
This image is beautiful and perfect already to my eye... [emoji7] I ran it through VSCO and applied C8 (I love the turquoise tone it gives the sky) and applied some fade and a tiny bit of vignette.

View attachment 88000
Oh I love what you've done with it. I would never have thought of doing that. I love that vintage-y feel to it now. :thumbs:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Well done for removing that annoying telegraph pole so beautifully. :thumbs:
Ahhhhh!!!! Yes!! [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360] Wish I had done that.... SO WEIRD because I didn't even see it!! I was so focused on the building. That's just weird.

Edit: ...and now that's ALL I see. [emoji15]

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I like this building better in color, but I thought I'd start off with a b/w conversion anyway. I did the conversion in ACDSee Pro and adjusted the lighting there, too. I also cropped it in on the right, bottom, and top. I decided to leave the power pole for now -- modern age passing by the old and all that.

Snapseed.jpg

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
155869EA-06C8-4CC3-B253-8EC3A7EA5C9D.jpg

I desaturated the image in Superslides. I originally thought I'd apply one of their frames but I didn't like it, so I removed the frame. Added this frame in Polamatic.

Oh, and removed that pesky pole with Retouch. :sneaky: