• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the still current serious situation facing us all right now! Continue to heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Edit This Edit This! #6 @RoseCat

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
We will invite members to edit one of our images. Images will be available for one week. We'll take four names at a time (see list here).

People offering an image will give some guidance/make some specific(ish) requests, e.g:
  • I'd like to see this image *pop* more
  • Not sure of the best crop
  • Any iColorama [or other app] suggestions?
  • How would you make this image into a mono?
  • How would you make it an abstract?
  • I seem to have lost the detail of the building/tree/people - can you bring it back without losing the fog?
  • How would you make the most of this mistake I made?
  • Only straight processing, please - nothing 'arty'
  • Knock yourself out - surprise me!
  • And so on

Roolz for contributing editors:
  1. Please respect requests (and the image) of the person offering. I.e: Don't offer a Decim8'd abstract if s/he has asked for 'straight processing only'. And vv. Don't add anything to the image that the original maker wouldn't be able to add her/himself: i.e., nothing from your own camera roll.
  2. Please provide a brief summary of and rationale for your editing processes (this is a group learning process. For the same reason, please offer just one or two edits - three if there's some profoundly educational point to be made.

Roolz for people offering images:
  1. Please be clear about what you'd like to see from others' expertises (see example q's above).
  2. Please acknowledge and comment briefly on each edit offered -- and offer a little wrap-up at the end of the week. Anything that struck you about a particular edit of your image? Something you've learned? An app you simply must purchase & learn? However you wrap up is up to you: but we'll all be holding our breath to hear what you think.

Please browse the thoughtful feedback and comments from our beta testers here
See the beta tests #1 #2 #3 and #4 for examples of previous questions and offered edits

Mobi Challenge guidelines are here.

#6 offering will be from RoseCat !

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
IMG_3325.JPG

I saw this in November while walking the beach, and what I *saw* in my mind wasn't realized in digital form. I loved it in real life, but when I looked at the image in the camera roll I was underwhelmed. [emoji52]

Maybe it's just poor composition? This has been sitting gathering dust, so anything you guys want to do to it is fine by me. [emoji847]

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 88414

I saw this in November while walking the beach, and what I *saw* in my mind wasn't realized in digital form. I loved it in real life, but when I looked at the image in the camera roll I was underwhelmed. [emoji52]

Maybe it's just poor composition? This has been sitting gathering dust, so anything you guys want to do to it is fine by me. [emoji847]
It looks beautiful to me, but let's see what we can do. :thumbs:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Cropped in Snapseed and I also adjusted the Brightness, Saturation and Ambiance. Then into Stackables I applied the Mild Day coloured overlay. Then back into Snapseed for a simple white frame. It was only after I cropped it that I saw the gull behind the plant.

IMG_3251.JPG

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I've taken a number of photos like this at the beach and also been disappointed with the result. Often that turns out to be because the object doesn't stand out from the background in the photo the way it does in person. Same thing here, I thought -- the branches are merging with the similarly colored sand all around. I thought one of the BeCasso Toon filters might help.

Snapseed.jpg

BeCasso (Clark) and Snapseed tweaks

(I did this before I saw JillyG's edit and totally missed the seagull!)

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I tried messing about with my edit in iColorama inspired by juryjone Jerry.
I imported the image, Style>Threshold>6 and adjusted the red, green and blue to get something I liked. Then Adjust>Exposure and I adjusted the brightness down (or up) to about 60%. I saved this image. Then I went back to the original image and applied Style>Flat>15. I brought back the first image by Effects>Blend>Darken to add back the lines. Save. Then into Repix to smooth out the sky with Charcoal. I'm exhausted.:rolleyes:

IMG_3259.JPG

Last edited:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Cropped in Snapseed and I also adjusted the Brightness, Saturation and Ambiance. Then into Stackables I applied the Mild Day coloured overlay. Then back into Snapseed for a simple white frame. It was only after I cropped it that I saw the gull behind the plant.

View attachment 88417
Oooo.... I don't think I ever noticed the gull! Your edit is lovely - nice and vibrant.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I've taken a number of photos like this at the beach and also been disappointed with the result. Often that turns out to be because the object doesn't stand out from the background in the photo the way it does in person. Same thing here, I thought -- the branches are merging with the similarly colored sand all around. I thought one of the BeCasso Toon filters might help.

View attachment 88419

BeCasso (Clark) and Snapseed tweaks

(I did this before I saw JillyG's edit and totally missed the seagull!)
Yeah, that looks cool!
That seagull must have been stalking me..... :sneaky: [emoji23]

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I tried messing about with my edit in iColorama inspired by juryjone Jerry.
I imported the image, Style>Threshold>6 and adjusted the red, green and blue to get something I liked. Then Adjust>Exposure and I adjusted the brightness down (or up) to about 60%. I saved this image. Then I went back to the original image and applied Style>Flat>15. I brought back the first image by Effects>Blend>Darken to add back the lines. Save. Then into Repix to smooth out the sky with Charcoal. I'm exhausted.:rolleyes:

View attachment 88420
Wow!!! Now that pops! Love it Jilly...
Now go grab a glass of wine... you deserve it.

rizole

IOTM Winner - June 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
As I have a new phone (precious) I 've only installed snapseed so far. My usual edits did little to improve it but I wanted to frame it differently and perfectly good crops have been done already so I went into perspective and got snapseed to generate space on 3 sides of the picture. Obviously it looked a bit artificial in places so I healed what I could. Couldn't get the line of the water unfortunately. Snapseed's missing a cloning tool to my mind.
Some of the healing gave the sky texture so I 'healed' in some clouds.
Ambiance, highs & lows adjusted, saturation dropped. Drama to bring out detail in the sky, tonal contrast for the sand.
tmp_8306-IMG_3325.JPG-02238283952.jpeg

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I've been playing with Enlight and Procreate, so forgive me if this is not ... what's the word? ... great. I've just discovered how to change the colour of something you've written in Procreate.:D The birds were added in Enlight.

IMG_3271.JPG

Last edited:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I used two apps: Drop and Repix. Drop for masking the bush to make it more outstanding and played just a very little in Repix with vibrancy and some more, added some bokeh, crack and one I forgot, but I highlighted a little. – Can somebody PLLLEEEEEAAAASE tell me how to make the blinking brush smaller?With zooming in it works, but I always lose the section I want to put a nice stroke on. [emoji53]
Any ways it looks different. [emoji4]

IMG_8846.JPG

Edit: forgot to explain Drop: that's a new app where you can play with DoF, it has layers and I did my best to mask the wood. Just did it on 6s+. Pad might have been better. Hell, I was wishing it was a stone or other more compact thing. [emoji23]

Last edited: