• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

Edit This Edit This! #7 @rizole

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
We will invite members to edit one of our images. Images will be available for one week. We'll take four names at a time (see list here).

People offering an image will give some guidance/make some specific(ish) requests, e.g:
  • I'd like to see this image *pop* more
  • Not sure of the best crop
  • Any iColorama [or other app] suggestions?
  • How would you make this image into a mono?
  • How would you make it an abstract?
  • I seem to have lost the detail of the building/tree/people - can you bring it back without losing the fog?
  • How would you make the most of this mistake I made?
  • Only straight processing, please - nothing 'arty'
  • Knock yourself out - surprise me!
  • And so on

Roolz for contributing editors:
  1. Please respect requests (and the image) of the person offering. I.e: Don't offer a Decim8'd abstract if s/he has asked for 'straight processing only'. And vv. Don't add anything to the image that the original maker wouldn't be able to add her/himself: i.e., nothing from your own camera roll.
  2. Please provide a brief summary of and rationale for your editing processes (this is a group learning process).

Roolz for people offering images:
  1. Please be clear about what you'd like to see from others' expertises (see example q's above).
  2. Please acknowledge and comment briefly on each edit offered -- and offer a little wrap-up at the end of the week. Anything that struck you about a particular edit of your image? Something you've learned? An app you simply must purchase & learn? However you wrap up is up to you: but we'll all be holding our breath to hear what you think.

Please browse the thoughtful feedback and comments from our beta testers here
See the beta tests #1 #2 #3 and #4 for examples of previous questions and offered edits

Mobi Challenge guidelines are here.

Image #7 will be from rizole!

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 88805 I quite like this pic for several reasons but it's not there for me. Post processing helped tweak it more to my liking but I'm interested in what mobitogers would do with it. Please knock yourself out :p
Lovely one. I'm thinking that there might be a few ghouls popping out from behind gravestones before this Edit This is finished.:lol:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I'm happy to get the party started. Snapseed for Structure and Sharpening and the Crop. Lightroom for the sepia tint. In this one I wanted to just hightlight the path through the gravestones leading to the tree because there's a lot going on in this image, which is great for us - so many opportunities. :D

IMG_3364.jpg

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
View attachment 88805 I quite like this pic for several reasons but it's not there for me. Post processing helped tweak it more to my liking but I'm interested in what mobitogers would do with it. Please knock yourself out :p
Hmmm. I like it as is, so I need to think on this one a bit. I can see maybe tweaking the gravestones in the back so they stand out individually a bit more, and maybe darkening and/or adding some clouds to the sky, but... Hmm... Maybe a watercolor or sketch treatment to give it an "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard" feel? Thinking...

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I'm happy to get the party started. Snapseed for Structure and Sharpening and the Crop. Lightroom for the sepia tint. In this one I wanted to just hightlight the path through the gravestones leading to the tree because there's a lot going on in this image, which is great for us - so many opportunities. :D

View attachment 88812
Wow, when I first glanced at this, I thought you'd used a different pic! Great crop, Jilly. (Finding the picture in the picture, yeah?)

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel

View attachment 88812
I have to agree with Ted, I thought hang on this is a different picture! Great edit Jilly.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

View attachment 88812
This has completely transformed the look/feel of the image. Love this. [emoji7]

Lzed

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Larry Zasitko
Device
iPad (Generic)
I love the sky. Did it come from one of those sky apps?
Yes :)

! WOW ! This is incredible! How'd you do this?
Only two apps :) One of the Yang Jia Apps Sunset Glow and the app Dramatizer which is an app for giving a HDR look to single images. I started using Dramatizer then added the sky and then used Dramatizer again.

Kmenglee

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Lee Kuan Meng
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Yes :)

Only two apps :) One of the Yang Jia Apps Sunset Glow and the app Dramatizer which is an app for giving a HDR look to single images. I started using Dramatizer then added the sky and then used Dramatizer again.
What is Yang Jia Apps