• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

Edit This Edit This! #8 @terse

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
We will invite members to edit one of our images. Images will be available for one week. We'll take four names at a time (see list here).

People offering an image will give some guidance/make some specific(ish) requests, e.g:
  • I'd like to see this image *pop* more
  • Not sure of the best crop
  • Any iColorama [or other app] suggestions?
  • How would you make this image into a mono?
  • How would you make it an abstract?
  • I seem to have lost the detail of the building/tree/people - can you bring it back without losing the fog?
  • How would you make the most of this mistake I made?
  • Only straight processing, please - nothing 'arty'
  • Knock yourself out - surprise me!
  • And so on

Roolz for contributing editors:
  1. Please respect requests (and the image) of the person offering. I.e: Don't offer a Decim8'd abstract if s/he has asked for 'straight processing only'. And vv. Don't add anything to the image that the original maker wouldn't be able to add her/himself: i.e., nothing from your own camera roll.
  2. Please provide a brief summary of and rationale for your editing processes (this is a group learning process).

Roolz for people offering images:
  1. Please be clear about what you'd like to see from others' expertises (see example q's above).
  2. Please acknowledge and comment briefly on each edit offered -- and offer a little wrap-up at the end of the week. Anything that struck you about a particular edit of your image? Something you've learned? An app you simply must purchase & learn? However you wrap up is up to you: but we'll all be holding our breath to hear what you think.

Please browse the thoughtful feedback and comments from our beta testers here
See the beta tests #1 #2 #3 and #4 for examples of previous questions and offered edits

Mobi Challenge guidelines are here.

Image #8 will be from terse!

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I've been meaning to do something with this mask since I snapped it about 6 months ago, but... I haven't. I seem to go blank when I try to think of where to take it.

So... What can you all do with it?

IMG_4299.JPG

(Denizens of the Wrecking Yard may recognize the mask. This is a different and unedited photo of the mask, which hangs in the Alta Organic Coffee Roasters building.)

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I've been meaning to do something with this mask since I snapped it about 6 months ago, but... I haven't. I seem to go blank when I try to think of where to take it.

So... What can you all do with it?

View attachment 89199

(Denizens of the Wrecking Yard may recognize the mask. This is a different and unedited photo of the mask, which hangs in the Alta Organic Coffee Roasters building.)
So it's free-for-all then Ted? Anything goes? :D

Kmenglee

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Lee Kuan Meng
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Nice one. Thanks for starting us off. :thumbs: You made the ugly power outlet disappear, too! And the layering over the eyebrows is also neat. I don't use Hipsta so I didn't realize it offered any kind of masking.
Thank you terse and RoseCat
The removal of the power outlet, the wire switch and corner of the wall is done be touchretouch app
As for the layers over the eyebrows - nothing is being done onto it
Must be the fine tuning in Hipsta as the metadata shows on the following image (image 89202)

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I used Ted's lovely mask as the image for a iColorama tutorial to get a painterly effect. I didn't crop it as i love the beads and the "hair".

View attachment 89273
Nice. Must be a good tutorial. :) I think the effect on the headress is particularly good -- it looks like a wrapped and tied scarf now. (Maybe that's what it's supposed to be?) I did a somewhat similar thing using Adobe PaintCan instead of iColorama. (Hmm, is it kosher for me to upload my own edits, I wonder?)

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Edited in Repix, with the eye light added in Procreate. I wanted to focus on the face only, even though I love the hair and beads, and give it a pastel crayon feel. In Repix, I removed the edits from the eyes, mouth and earrings to emphasise them. The eyes looked a bit lifeless, so I added the "sparkle".

IMG_3499.JPG