• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Edit This Edit This (Bonus Round)

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
:lmao: Does that make it a forward rizole then?
I think we may be pushing into the world of quantum physics with some quite exotic picture types popping up. So we could see forward rizole created but there's a high probability of antiterse with a bottom spin.
We should do some high speed colliding edit this to uncover all the mobifermions. Exciting times.

Last edited:

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I think we may be pushing into the world of quantum physics with some quite exotic picture types popping up. So we could see forward rizole created but there's a high probability of antiterse with a bottom spin.
We should do some high speed colliding edit this to uncover all the mobifermions. Exciting times.
:notworthy::notworthy: I believe you're right. We certainly have some strange quacks quirks quarks. And moo-ons have appeared in MobiColour.

Last edited:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
:notworthy::notworthy: I believe you're right. We certainly have some strange quacks quirks quarks. And moo-ons have appeared in MobiColour.
Sacred geometry, baby. Bring it on! :mobibabe:

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Whatever happened to EDIT THIS?

I must admit this 'bonus' version of Ted's EDIT THIS thread seems to have fallen through a crack in MobiTog's creaky wooden floor, as the last comment was Nov last year :eek:

I did say at the start I'd call time when it had reached its sell by date.........I think it's now erm expired.

Anyway, I loved all the edits and wouldn't particularly like to say which was best, but a pat on the back for all that participated :thumbs:

The only reason I remembered this, was I saw on another forum (ok I joined but I've never posted a single image honest) their this weeks challenge was 'edited by someone else'. They have a different themed challenge each week similar, sort of, to MobiTog. Its 52 Frames if anyone's interested, but they allow cameras made by people other than iphone and android :lol:

The remit was....'
Life is a collaboration, and as we have mentioned before, art is not created in a vacuum. We inspire and learn from each other’s creations and are happy for the advice and feedback from our fellow photographers.

This week we are going dial up the collaboration aspect MUCH further and have someone else edit your photo. You shoot a photo of anything you want, send it to your editor and then upload the edited photo that you have received.

Your editor can be anyone you want - just first check that they are happy to edit the photo for you and will be able to return it to you in time. It can be a fellow Framer, family member, real-life friend, Instagram buddy or even a work colleague.'

I liked the idea and wondered if we could adapt or revitalise the EDIT THIS thread, as its always interesting to see what others do to your work. terse Ted this was your thread, what ya thunk?
If we go for something new I'm happy to run with it, or we can carry on with EDIT THIS? Hell I've even been receiving medication for my abstract allergy :lol:

Of course it may be that MobiTog is already oversaturated? (no pun intended)
I'd love some opinions fair people, terse JillyG RoseCat zenjenny rizole ImageArt deepop GroovyGouvy Coronation80 juryjone FundyBrian Starzee NickLeon dscheff lkbside sdimbour ?

p.s. I know we briefly discussed TWAC the other week but I really think that's ran out of steam. Going over apps that we've already covered seems a backward step imho.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

I must admit this 'bonus' version of Ted's EDIT THIS thread seems to have fallen through a crack in MobiTog's creaky wooden floor, as the last comment was Nov last year :eek:

I did say at the start I'd call time when it had reached its sell by date.........I think it's now erm expired.

Anyway, I loved all the edits and wouldn't particularly like to say which was best, but a pat on the back for all that participated :thumbs:

The only reason I remembered this, was I saw on another forum (ok I joined but I've never posted a single image honest) their this weeks challenge was 'edited by someone else'. They have a different themed challenge each week similar, sort of, to MobiTog. Its 52 Frames if anyone's interested, but they allow cameras made by people other than iphone and android :lol:

The remit was....'
Life is a collaboration, and as we have mentioned before, art is not created in a vacuum. We inspire and learn from each other’s creations and are happy for the advice and feedback from our fellow photographers.

This week we are going dial up the collaboration aspect MUCH further and have someone else edit your photo. You shoot a photo of anything you want, send it to your editor and then upload the edited photo that you have received.

Your editor can be anyone you want - just first check that they are happy to edit the photo for you and will be able to return it to you in time. It can be a fellow Framer, family member, real-life friend, Instagram buddy or even a work colleague.'

I liked the idea and wondered if we could adapt or revitalise the EDIT THIS thread, as its always interesting to see what others do to your work. terse Ted this was your thread, what ya thunk?
If we go for something new I'm happy to run with it, or we can carry on with EDIT THIS? Hell I've even been receiving medication for my abstract allergy :lol:

I'd love some opinions fair people, terse JillyG RoseCat zenjenny rizole ImageArt deepop GroovyGouvy Coronation80 juryjone FundyBrian Starzee NickLeon dscheff lkbside sdimbour ?

p.s. I know we briefly discussed TWAC the other week but I really think that's ran out of steam. Going over apps that we've already covered seems a backward step imho.
Ohhhhhh, Edit This!!!! I loved it. Oh do let’s resurrect it and see if anyone wants to have a go!

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
John, thanks for digging up this thread. I enjoyed revisiting your wobbly house and rizole ’s and terse ’s quantum fruit-loopery.

I love collaborations and keep looking for them (in vain) on FB and IG. (They are there, I just can’t make head or tail of the pages :confused:

I’ll go have a look at 52 Frames - never heard of it. And as to you visiting but not posting an image, honest . . . Is that like ‘I never inhaled’?

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Ohhhhhh, Edit This!!!! I loved it. Oh do let’s resurrect it and see if anyone wants to have a go!
Lets see how popular the idea is.
John, thanks for digging up this thread. I enjoyed revisiting your wobbly house and rizole ’s and terse ’s quantum fruit-loopery.

I love collaborations and keep looking for them (in vain) on FB and IG. (They are there, I just can’t make head or tail of the pages :confused:

I’ll go have a look at 52 Frames - never heard of it. And as to you visiting but not posting an image, honest . . . Is that like ‘I never inhaled’?
If you are searching for 'Collaborations' elsewhere, I have to ask, why aren't we doing more on MobiTog?

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

The remit was....'

I like the idea. Count me in.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I am super happy to resurrect Edit This, in the same or an altered style.

Lets see how popular the idea is.

If you are searching for 'Collaborations' elsewhere, I have to ask, why aren't we doing more on MobiTog?
EOS is sort of along those lines... but perhaps a new collab idea would freshen things up. :thumbs:

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I liked the idea and wondered if we could adapt or revitalise the EDIT THIS thread, as its always interesting to see what others do to your work. @terse Ted this was your thread, what ya thunk?
I'd be happy to see it come back, even if it's only for a while. Maybe it could be in rotation with another challenge, like Appstracts or Hipsta, for example?

I say that because I'm not a multitasker, so even when I'm on a hot streak, participating in MC, B/W, and maybe one other is about as much as I can handle, and even then, I'll usually be pulling stuff out of my back catalog for at least one of the three. Yeah, sometimes I might manage more but also sometimes less.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I have no investment either way (though I do have a soft spot for TWAC), but I don’t agree that going over an app we’ve covered is a backward step. [And I didn’t know we were heading anywhere in particular :/ ]

I learn something new every time I put some focus onto a particular app. And, even if I wasn’t learning anything in particular about the app, it’s still good fun to use it — especially as a challenge in trying to get the best out of it.
Furthermore (I’m winding up now) our membership changes all the time, and there could be current members who haven’t *done* this or that app - backwards or forwards
:mobibabe:

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I'd be happy to see it come back, even if it's only for a while. Maybe it could be in rotation with another challenge, like Appstracts or Hipsta, for example?

I say that because I'm not a multitasker, so even when I'm on a hot streak, participating in MC, B/W, and maybe one other is about as much as I can handle, and even then, I'll usually be pulling stuff out of my back catalog for at least one of the three. Yeah, sometimes I might manage more but also sometimes less.
Yes, what he said.....

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I have no investment either way (though I do have a soft spot for TWAC), but I don’t agree that going over an app we’ve covered is a backward step. [And I didn’t know we were heading anywhere in particular :/ ]

I learn something new every time I put some focus onto a particular app. And, even if I wasn’t learning anything in particular about the app, it’s still good fun to use it — especially as a challenge in trying to get the best out of it.
Furthermore (I’m winding up now) our membership changes all the time, and there could be current members who haven’t *done* this or that app - backwards or forwards
:mobibabe:
Agree with all your points. :thumbs:

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
So, Edit This,
JillyG was a yay.
zenjenny was a little on the fence, although positive about collaborations.
Starzee was a yay.
RoseCat was a yay, although made the point that EOS is similar.
terse was happy for it to return, but I got the impression Ted is perhaps happier without an extra challenge.
rizole agreed with everyone.

TWAC
Wasn't really put to the vote but it does seem everyone has fond memories.

I assume by the strength of interest of the original question, its maybe better to carry on with B/W, MC, Appstract, HipstaChallenge and EOS (have I missed any)

But I may be completely wrong, I sometimes completely misinterpret what even the English speaking members are saying, but that's my problem not theirs.
I'm always happy to start something new, but there's no real point if there's very little interest.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
So, Edit This,
JillyG was a yay.
zenjenny was a little on the fence, although positive about collaborations.
Starzee was a yay.
RoseCat was a yay, although made the point that EOS is similar.
terse was happy for it to return, but I got the impression Ted is perhaps happier without an extra challenge.
rizole agreed with everyone.

TWAC
Wasn't really put to the vote but it does seem everyone has fond memories.

I assume by the strength of interest of the original question, its maybe better to carry on with B/W, MC, Appstract, HipstaChallenge and EOS (have I missed any)

But I may be completely wrong, I sometimes completely misinterpret what even the English speaking members are saying, but that's my problem not theirs.
I'm always happy to start something new, but there's no real point if there's very little interest.
So that’s settled then. :lmao:

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
@terse was happy for it to return, but I got the impression Ted is perhaps happier without an extra challenge
I could have been clearer, I suppose. :lmao:

I like the extra challenges and frequently enjoy participating in them, but with MC and B/W running every week, I usually only have headroom for participating in one other challenge most of the time. So I'm suggesting something like this:

Week 1: MC, B/W, Edit This
Week 2: MC, B/W, Appstracts
Week 3: MC, B/W, TWAC
Week 4: MC, B/W, Edit This
Week 5: MC, B/W, Appstracts
Week 6: MC, B/W, TWAC
and so on, with the extra challenges -- however many there are of them -- cycling through the third spot

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I could have been clearer, I suppose. :lmao:

I like the extra challenges and frequently enjoy participating in them, but with MC and B/W running every week, I usually only have headroom for participating in one other challenge most of the time. So I'm suggesting something like this:

Week 1: MC, B/W, Edit This
Week 2: MC, B/W, Appstracts
Week 3: MC, B/W, TWAC
Week 4: MC, B/W, Edit This
Week 5: MC, B/W, Appstracts
Week 6: MC, B/W, TWAC
and so on, with the extra challenges -- however many there are of them -- cycling through the third spot
Good plan, although TWAC and Appstracts (I think) are two week challenges but I get the idea :thumbs: