Embracing Britishness: biscuits

Cookies: How do you like yours?

• Total voters
BRILLIANT :lol:

I was raised on McVities Digestive Biscuits, they made me than man I am now :rolleyes:
One of the first Americans I ever befriended via the internet through photography (of course) couldn't get over what I thought a biscuit was and was totally incredulous that cats have biscuits :lmao:
Biscuits are of extreme cultural importance in England, seriously.

A friend recently in UK brought us a selection of tea bags and a tin of biscuits from Fortnum & Mason’s . Dead posh :D . He’s going again this week so I’ve asked him for a tin of tea leaves from F&M. DH couldn’t care les about the teas, he says bring on the McVities Digestives :thumbs:

BRILLIANT :lol:

I

One of the first Americans I ever befriended via the internet through photography (of course) couldn't get over what I thought a biscuit was and was totally.

Americans don’t know what scones are, either.

:lol:

I was raised on McVities Digestive Biscuits, they made me than man I am now :rolleyes:

I thought we worked out it was the pink sausage rolls to blame ?

:eek::eek::eek: :tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:
On a similar subject, you have something called 'grits' don't you and it doesn't matter how many times someone tries to explain what they are, I still can't fathom it !
I've heard of grits but never seen them. (But then, I'm in California, which is not always considered part of the United States in some other parts of the United States.) From the descriptions, it sounds like a coarse cornmeal mush (which I have had but which we always just called mush).

I've heard of grits but never seen them. (But then, I'm in California, which is not always considered part of the United States in some other parts of the United States.) From the descriptions, it sounds like a coarse cornmeal mush (which I have had but which we always just called mush).

I wonder if that’s what we call polenta. It can be a bit ‘gritty’, depending how you prepare it. Also mushy. o_O

I don't think anyone actually eats bubble and squeak though, just a bygone thing. My dad used to love Tripe and onions :alien:
Ahem! We eat bubble and squeak actually.:mobibabe: If I’m cooking any sort of greens, I’ll make extra mashed potato just so we can have b&s with poached eggs for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom