B&W RESULT:#141 Black & White Challenge

I sure wish somebody else was judging this week. So many interesting shots this week it is pretty impossible to decide.

But since I must:

First place wvusa for his stunning photo “Storm rolls in.”
D288D31A-1B22-4AD2-B471-0449B6D9B2EA.jpeg

It would have been a good shot with just the ominous clouds lurking over the shoreline, but the ghost boat in the background and 3 barrels (?) in the foreground add so much more depth and mystery.

Two way tie for second: NickLeon for “Still summertime” and sdimbour for “Congo’s lighthouse”. Terrific composition and execution by you both.

Finally, a 4 way tie to:
terse “Heron on parade”. Love the shadow the bird casts and that you caught the detail of his eye.
sinnerjohn - Swing - something different going on in so many layers of this photo. Great eye to see this shot.
rizole ”What we do in the shadows” - quite creepy with the wallpaper, animal head on the wall, painting askew. just missing Joan Crawford. And also his super cool “Window” photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure wish somebody else was judging this week. So many interesting shots this week it is pretty impossible to decide.

But since I must:

First place wvusa for his stunning photo “Storm rolls in.” It would have been a good shot with just the ominous clouds lurking over the shoreline, but the ghost boat in the background and 3 barrels (?) in the foreground add so much more depth and mystery.

Two way tie for second: NickLeon for “Still summertime” and sdimbour for “Congo’s lighthouse”. Terrific composition and execution by you both.

Finally, a 4 way tie to:
terse “Heron on parade”. Love the shadow the bird casts and that you caught the detail of his eye.
sinnerjohn - Swing - something different going on in so many layers of this photo. Great eye to see this shot.
rizole ”What we do in the shadows” - quite creepy with the wallpaper, animal head on the wall, painting askew. just missing Joan Crawford. And also his super cool “Window” photo.
Congrats to the new kid wvusa! And just in case no one mentioned it, you now get to be the judge for the upcoming b/w challenge.

And thanks, Leslie, for putting my heron on the podium in such distinguished company. Congrats to Nick, Sandra, John, and rizole!

But since I must:

First place wvusa for his stunning photo “Storm rolls in.” It would have been a good shot with just the ominous clouds lurking over the shoreline, but the ghost boat in the background and 3 barrels (?) in the foreground add so much more depth and mystery.

Finally, a 4 way tie to:
Thanks lkbside for my 2nd place. Very happy and proud :inlove:
Congrats wvusa great pic!!! :thumbs:
See you all for next week challenge!!!

But since I must:

First place wvusa for his stunning photo “Storm rolls in.”
View attachment 148772

It would have been a good shot with just the ominous clouds lurking over the shoreline, but the ghost boat in the background and 3 barrels (?) in the foreground add so much more depth and mystery.

Finally, a 4 way tie to:
Well done Leslie. Just what you need after a long hike - a bit of judging. :D Congratulations to wvusa Mike - I think that might be a Mobi record: winning a challenge with a first ever post! It’s a great image and, as Leslie says, lots of depth and mystery in there - super. Big hugs to the joint seconds - NickLeon Nick and sdimbour Sandra. Both showcasing that beautiful composition and eye for detail that you both have. And finally, fist bumps to the four HMs. It was a wonderful week for diverse black and whites. Righty-oh, me and Mike’s ship are going sailing down to the Gallery ahead of that storm. I have my sou’wester!!:lol:

First off congratulations to WVUSA! Also many thanks for the kind words re my own effort. I have been preoccupied with a lot of other (often boring) stuff recently and that was my first post for a while but hopefully more to follow soon.

All I can do is say wow! Never expected this at all. Especially with do many great shots. Looking forward to sharing more. Now to try the impossible and judge last week's entries!

Back
Top Bottom