B&W RESULT: #169 Black & White Challenge

505FF71C-6702-447A-A3EF-22F796A322DE.jpeg

Light on :) La Guinguette restaurant - Le Plessis-Robinson - Suburb of Paris - France

iPhone XS and Snapseed

Oh dear, losing an hour, because the clocks have gone forward here, is going to be disconcerting for a while. And I don’t know if putting back the closure of this challenge will have helped Jef Jef or hindered him. But this challenge is now CLOSED and I ask Jef, whenever (if ever) he has a moment and would like some light relief, to judge the challenge.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful photos posted. It's been a rough time for everyone. Thanks for being part of the group of artists that remind us all that there is still beauty everywhere. My favorites over the last 2 weeks are definitely being judged more by feel than some objective, technical standard.

Thanks first to sdimbour for "Fishing at Saint-Girons…". That silhouette and shadow are wonderful, as are the symmetry of the fisher and the pole.

View attachment 156360

Second, thanks to rizole for "Sunset". It's stark, yet peaceful. Somewhat isolated, maybe... but calming and home-y.

Third, thank you sinnerjohn for "Time Traveler". I love the layers of stuff going on. One can make a million stories from this... a nice piece of escapism for me, at least.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful photos posted. It's been a rough time for everyone. Thanks for being part of the group of artists that remind us all that there is still beauty everywhere. My favorites over the last 2 weeks are definitely being judged more by feel than some objective, technical standard.

Thanks first to sdimbour for "Fishing at Saint-Girons…". That silhouette and shadow are wonderful, as are the symmetry of the fisher and the pole.

View attachment 156360

Second, thanks to rizole for "Sunset". It's stark, yet peaceful. Somewhat isolated, maybe... but calming and home-y.

Third, thank you sinnerjohn for "Time Traveler". I love the layers of stuff going on. One can make a million stories from this... a nice piece of escapism for me, at least.
Thank you Jef for taking the time to judge, when I know you’re really busy. Congratulations to sdimbour Sandra - I have loved going back in time to happier times in your images. Well done to rizole Rizole and sinnerjohn John for second and third respectively. All three images could wonderfully illustrate a story each. Super job everyone for posting your fabulous black and whites at this surreal time. :notworthy: Okay, I’m now off to the Gallery with Sandra’s fisherman, trying not to knock anything off the walls with that pole!!

View attachment 156360

Good work, Jef, and congrats to Sandra, rizole, and John!

thanks Jef for making me the winner this week. Congrats sinnerjohn and rizole
Love your pics.
Just hope everyone is ok.

View attachment 156360

Back
Top Bottom