• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Time Stamp Evaluating: TS136 2pm Saturday June-16

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Join the elite Time Stamp team for Saturday, 2pm, adventures!

The Time Stamp Café is the international meeting place open 24/7.

Over the winter a few Time Stamp folks were suffering gardening deprivation and planted seeds in the Time Stamp inside/outside gardens. Now these plants have all been planted in the outside gardens. Some are beautiful displays of flowers. Others are greens and herbs for the Time Stamp Café. Come on over and wander around. It's an exotic mix of plants.

Overview: Participants are invited to make pictures for the Time Stamp project. There is no theme this round. Photograph whatever is happening, or make something happen. However, the catch is that your picture(s) must be made at 2:00pm, your local time, on Saturday afternoon. Post your pictures (up to 3) on this thread. Sit back and await fame and recognition, and maybe a spiffy new virtual award.

If you're new to the Time Stamp idea here's the overview: here at MobiTog we have participants all over the world, in many different time zones. What if everyone made a picture at 2pm on Saturday, of whatever is going on, wherever they happen to be, and share that picture on Time Stamp. We should end up with a global snapshot of what is going on everywhere at 2 pm. This could be ordinary, humorous, puzzling, but it is bound to be interesting. The Time Stamp title comes from the metadata that is added to every new photo at the time it is shot, the creation date and time.

Rules: Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

• Standard Mobitog image rules apply. Images must be captured/created & edited entirely on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet.

• All images must be photographed and edited between 2:00pm to 2:20pm, local time. Any editing must be done within that time frame. In other words, don't rely on extensive image manipulation or compositing. These things are allowed, but must be accomplished within the 20 minute window of opportunity. Better to concentrate on capturing a unique moment at 2pm.

Secret tip: This isn't strictly a photo contest. Good reportage or storytelling can get you lots of bonus points. Helping other people discover some place near you is another way to get bonus points. Make a connection.

• In addition to the regular (up to) 3 images, you are now allowed to post one additional image, if you want to, to help "set the scene". This image should be described as "to set the scene" or "setting the scene", or "the location" or something similar, to clearly identify it because it won't be counted as part of your submission of 3 photos.

• You are free to photograph something actually happening, or nothing happening, or make something happen, or to create your own image from scratch, as long as it and any added parts or layers are photographed within the 2:00 to 2:20pm window of opportunity.

NEW! Time Shift Exemption: This applies to special events happening 2 or 3 hours outside the usual Time Stamp window. If you think the event is significant enough and that others would like to see it you can claim the Time Shift Exemption and move your 2pm to fit the event. This is a test to see how it works.

Post your images to this thread.

Closing date: entries must be posted no later than 2pm the following day (Sunday). You can post your images right away after making them but if you happen to be in a situation where this is not possible, you have 24 hours.

• Have some creative fun!

• There will be a brief Wrap-up, after each event to discuss any observations of things of special interest.

NEW: Each week the person making the next wrap-up will be selected by the current Grand Wrapper-Upper.

Time Stamp is hereby declared an acronym-free zone.

Tips on setting alarms: you can use the Calendar app to set 2 alerts. I like to set the first alert 1 hour ahead in case I have completely forgotten (where's my phone!)(my battery is dead). The second alert I set 15 minutes ahead so I can get ready. You can create a second event at the same time for more alerts! Maybe set your alarm clock to go off right at 2pm to make you jump. Set another alarm to let you know when your time is up.

If you would like to join in the fun, just post a message below saying "I'm in!"

Past Time Stamp favourites, selected by the Grand Wrapper-Upper that week, are on display at the Time Stamp Café Gallery. You can also see a virtual representation of the photos in the MobiTog gallery section. https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/time-stamp-café-gallery.447/

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Nice. Interesting to see the setup, too.
Thanks Brian. It’s getting so old it falls over sometimes when I open the wings a little too far. One time it started a chain reaction which included a tripod, a glass of water, a vase of flowers and a cat. When all was said and done I completely forgot what I was setting up to shoot. Lol.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Thanks Brian. It’s getting so old it falls over sometimes when I open the wings a little too far. One time it started a chain reaction which included a tripod, a glass of water, a vase of flowers and a cat. When all was said and done I completely forgot what I was setting up to shoot. Lol.
:lol:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Today I’m invoking the Time Shift Exemption. At 2:00pm I was getting out of my car at Trader Joe’s........ b.o.r.i.n.g. Especially when just 30 minutes earlier I was finishing up an impromptu hike at my new favorite trail at Baldpate Mountain. :inlove:

I started the day mindlessly browsing Instagram when I saw an image from a company that grows herbs and makes self care products. As I clicked into their site I saw it was in Mercer County, where I lived.... further clicking produced a page describing their Saturday morning meditation in the herb garden - this sounded fabulous! I ate some breakfast, got dressed and headed over.

The Roots to River farm is in a beautiful rural area of New Jersey... there’s a market inside a lovely old building, an herb garden, farmland, and a beautiful covered outdoor eating area with a wood burning oven where they make pizzas and bread. They also offer various cooking classes and sell organic veggies, herbs, fresh picked bouquets, homemade pickles, etc. After the meditation I bought a few herbal products, a bunch of lovely organic veggies, a bouquet of flowers (which included 4 peonies! :inlove: ) and two pints of freshly made cold summer soups. :drool:

On my way there, just down the road about 4 minutes away, I had seen a sign for Baldpate Mountain so I decided to check it out. I ended up going on a 4 mile hike through a beautiful, wooded area, shaded by the tree canopy so it was quite cool. I’m going back tomorrow morning before our gross 90°F kicks in to wander some more of the trails.

The Moral of This Story: As annoying as IG ads are, I’ve discovered my favorite super comfy shoes and this fabulous place because of them. :mobibabe:

0BCC176F-39D6-4F42-9925-C60FB5ECCC20.jpeg

These next 3 are from my hike.
C15EA6C0-5DEF-48B5-BB26-73004127AAD5.jpeg

My future house.... :hearteyes:

B82919B3-1E14-4FF4-916E-8B6AD6D54193.jpeg
7E85A2AE-B98A-405E-8BD4-42A4A870B6BE.jpeg

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Today I’m invoking the Time Shift Exemption. At 2:00pm I was getting out of my car at Trader Joe’s........ b.o.r.i.n.g. Especially when just 30 minutes earlier I was finishing up an impromptu hike at my new favorite trail at Baldpate Mountain. :inlove:

I started the day mindlessly browsing Instagram when I saw an image from a company that grows herbs and makes self care products. As I clicked into their site I saw it was in Mercer County, where I lived.... further clicking produced a page describing their Saturday morning meditation in the herb garden - this sounded fabulous! I ate some breakfast, got dressed and headed over.

The Roots to River farm is in a beautiful rural area of New Jersey... there’s a market inside a lovely old building, an herb garden, farmland, and a beautiful covered outdoor eating area with a wood burning oven where they make pizzas and bread. They also offer various cooking classes and sell organic veggies, herbs, fresh picked bouquets, homemade pickles, etc. After the meditation I bought a few herbal products, a bunch of lovely organic veggies, a bouquet of flowers (which included 4 peonies! :inlove: ) and two pints of freshly made cold summer soups. :drool:

On my way there, just down the road about 4 minutes away, I had seen a sign for Baldpate Mountain so I decided to check it out. I ended up going on a 4 mile hike through a beautiful, wooded area, shaded by the tree canopy so it was quite cool. I’m going back tomorrow morning before our gross 90°F kicks in to wander some more of the trails.

The Moral of This Story: As annoying as IG ads are, I’ve discovered my favorite super comfy shoes and this fabulous place because of them. :mobibabe:

View attachment 110752

View attachment 110753

View attachment 110754 View attachment 110755
Wow, great adventure & pics!

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 110752

View attachment 110753

View attachment 110754 View attachment 110755
These are beautiful Catherine. So idyllic :):inlove: