Everyday Susie (Hipstamatic)

I’m loving your experiments.:hearteyes:
Thank you. It’s kind words like this that keep me going.

Okay, time for a self-portrait.

Photo 29: Bream Pride
4F33625F-2F59-4930-9116-A28755803D51.jpeg

with Dreampop flash
31C8B30C-426D-40BF-847F-57E75E7CE001.jpeg

Fantastic! Thats a beard to be envious of. True wild west style. I can't get more than a scruffy chin warmer! I'm not sure I found Bream Pride, just the standard white.

Fantastic! Thats a beard to be envious of. True wild west style. I can't get more than a scruffy chin warmer! I'm not sure I found Bream Pride, just the standard white.
It was a free film from the summer of 2018. It’s not available in any of the retropaks, but I believe if you open up Hipstamatic and then click on the Hipstamart, you can type “Pride” into the search bar and it will come up for you. It’s fun with several different color frames. You can shake the phone to change the colors and their orientation.

Oh, and you haven’t seen my beard at it’s most lumberjackish. Perhaps I’ll grow it out this summer, have a true chin-warmer this winter.

Perfect color frame, Bill. Glad it's still available in the Hipstamart.

Brewster is from the Kaleidoscope SnapPak. As you can see, it's got a heavily burned frame.

Photo 30: Brewster 1817

Totem
52128456929_20d0b48623_o.jpg

We've got loads of them around here. This one is in West Seattle at the Admiralty Viewpoint.

31 days. I've stuck with this for a whole month. Thank you everyone for checking out my photos and your comments. It's appreciated.

Photo 31: Browny's Blonde 22

Bench on Pier
View attachment 181488
I love the sepia tones and the frame on this one.:thumbs:

We've got loads of them around here. This one is in West Seattle at the Admiralty Viewpoint.

31 days. I've stuck with this for a whole month. Thank you everyone for checking out my photos and your comments. It's appreciated.

Photo 31: Browny's Blonde 22

Bench on Pier
View attachment 181488
You need to stick with it Kent - I was enjoying that travelogue you started a while back.

Don't worry. This isn't the end. I have another hundred or so films to get through. And this thread won't ever quite die. Even once I get to the end of the films, new films will be introduced, so this is going on as long as Hipstamatic is in business.

Photo 32: Browny's Mocha 55

Snow Day
52133234300_17d23495b8_o.jpg

Last edited:
I love the art deco look of this small lighthouse near Federal Way. Interesting that Browny's Espresso 77 is the heaviest of the three sepia films that just came out, yet Susie washes it out all the same.

Photo 33: Browny's Espresso 77

Lighthouse under Renovation
52135487748_e250db3932_o.jpg

From Wikipedia: "The Fairfax Bridge (formerly known as the O'Farrell Bridge) is a steel-lattice three-hinged arch bridge spanning the Carbon River on State Route 165 in Pierce County, Washington. Previous to the construction of the bridge in 1921, the only route south to the area around Fairfax was by train. At a total cost of $80,000, the bridge's deck sits 250 feet (76 m) above the river. Being a single-lane bridge, vehicles must yield to oncoming traffic already on the bridge."
I discovered this now 101 year old bridge while out for a drive more than 40 years ago, back when it was still a spritely 60 year old. I love it. This is taken from the upriver side of the bridge. The C-type Plate is one of Hipstamatic's more interesting films. I like the desaturation and black edges. Susie creates a bit of a blown out spot in the film, but the extra touch of color makes it worthwhile. To me, anyway. As always, your mileage may vary.

Day 34: C-type Plate

Fairfax Bridge
52137521136_a26df5e983_o.jpg

From Wikipedia: "The Fairfax Bridge (formerly known as the O'Farrell Bridge) is a steel-lattice three-hinged arch bridge spanning the Carbon River on State Route 165 in Pierce County, Washington. Previous to the construction of the bridge in 1921, the only route south to the area around Fairfax was by train. At a total cost of $80,000, the bridge's deck sits 250 feet (76 m) above the river. Being a single-lane bridge, vehicles must yield to oncoming traffic already on the bridge."
I discovered this now 101 year old bridge while out for a drive more than 40 years ago, back when it was still a spritely 60 year old. I love it. This is taken from the upriver side of the bridge. The C-type Plate is one of Hipstamatic's more interesting films. I like the desaturation and black edges. Susie creates a bit of a blown out spot in the film, but the extra touch of color makes it worthwhile. To me, anyway. As always, your mileage may vary.

Fairfax Bridge
View attachment 181624
Love the effect, suits the image perfectly.

Fairfax Bridge
View attachment 181624

Love the effect, suits the image perfectly.
What Ric said. That ”blown out” bit looks like smoke or steam, I’m imagining from an engine.

We have finally reached The Film Too Far. Caballito 76 would have been pretty good just in general, but Hipstamatic hobbled it as yet another of their poorly received beginning/end of roll films that blanks out a big slice of the photo. Sadly this is baked into the film. You can’t turn it off like most frames. You’re stuck with it. So it’s already bad enough. Combine it with Susie and it becomes 100% useless.

Photo 35: Caballito 76 Film

61BD9803-099D-472F-B76B-3C12528AB76F.jpeg

Even with a strong flash like Jolly Rainbo 2X on the job, an enormous amount of detail is still lost.
DBDD4695-B82B-4F47-821A-7530C8606585.jpeg

This is the original for comparison purposes. A recently completed Boeing 737 is crossing over the Cedar River that separates Boeing’s Renton plant from the Renton Airport where they are flown to their new owners.
6072387A-E4B1-4E69-91BB-41773C2C5F8E.jpeg

We have finally reached The Film Too Far. Caballito 76 would have been pretty good just in general, but Hipstamatic hobbled it as yet another of their poorly received beginning/end of roll films that blanks out a big slice of the photo. Sadly this is baked into the film. You can’t turn it off like most frames. You’re stuck with it. So it’s already bad enough. Combine it with Susie and it becomes 100% useless.

Photo 35: Caballito 76 Film

View attachment 181666

Even with a strong flash like Jolly Rainbo 2X on the job, an enormous amount of detail is still lost.
View attachment 181668

This is the original for comparison purposes. A recently completed Boeing 737 is crossing over the Cedar River that separates Boeing’s Renton plant from the Renton Airport where they are flown to their new owners.
View attachment 181667
Good to know.:thumbs:

Cano Cafenol is a good old Hipsta film. It's been around almost from the beginning. Susie turns its coffee-flavored browns into pale yellow streaks.

Photo 36: Cano Cefanol Monochrome

Railroad Crossing
52145113708_bed23f3e22_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom