Experiments with tape and glue

Most recently, I've been experimenting with taking some of my ICM captures, isolating the interesting parts, and radically simplifying them. This latest spent a lot of time in iColorama going through repeated applications of Simplify, Lighten, Edges, Watercolor-B, Glow (I think), and some others. Water-B in particular does a good job of smoothing and simplifying if you move the color and texture sliders all the way to the left.

Winter Light

C8C66BF8-4C0F-4ED3-A8DA-57B3AFC626D3.jpeg

Maybe not done yet. I might go back to an earlier version and back off Edges some.

Diptic. Not particularly original, but I do like the effect of splitting an image into [particularly] threes, though two also often interesting
pretty nice! your post let me remember, that i've tried the Diptic app years ago. Here's a current worx of mine which i sent through Diptic only minutes ago ...

Cheers,

27CAF65C-7179-4791-8E77-828108F73FA1.jpeg

Most recently, I've been experimenting with taking some of my ICM captures, isolating the interesting parts, and radically simplifying them. This latest spent a lot of time in iColorama going through repeated applications of Simplify, Lighten, Edges, Watercolor-B, Glow (I think), and some others. Water-B in particular does a good job of smoothing and simplifying if you move the color and texture sliders all the way to the left.

Winter Light

View attachment 175493

Maybe not done yet. I might go back to an earlier version and back off Edges some.
I love it. More, please.

Winter Light

View attachment 175493

I have been trying that too. I’ve found that my attempts seem to lose their people form or change into something else altogether. (Of course, that part works for me!)

The handmaiden

View attachment 175594

Same apps and process as above but less successful.
I don’t know about ‘unsuccessful’ - I think this one (aided by the title) suggests some character /individuality that isn’t possible in the previous. Main difference probably is that I can discern the figure’s face,and her gaze. Attire goes without saying :inlove:. She could be holding something (a platter?) and the movement of her hand is wonderful.

I don’t know about ‘unsuccessful’ - I think this one (aided by the title) suggests some character /individuality that isn’t possible in the previous. Main difference probably is that I can discern the figure’s face,and her gaze. Attire goes without saying :inlove:. She could be holding something (a platter?) and the movement of her hand is wonderful.
Ah, thank you for adjusting my perspective. :smilecat: It felt "less successful" because when I started, I was trying to duplicate the bright, bold, glossy look of the first one, but the image resisted all attempts to make that happen. I should know better by now.:lol:

As long as I was experimenting and ImageArt Anne had mentioned SketchClub and the Sketchy brush I thought I’d spend some time with It. zenjenny Jen has had fantastic success with it, but I have always run back to Procreate. I have always like the huge variety of community brushes that are available and also nicely catorgorized, unlike the community brushes in Infinite Painter. After an hour or so, I had expanded my knowledge of the app a great deal. i didn’t know you could add layers, thinking you were stuck with the 5 or so on opening. I think I’ll be playing around with it a bit more.
E75EF106-BD9E-4FC1-8E9A-FBD53E46C702.jpeg

As long as I was experimenting and ImageArt Anne had mentioned SketchClub and the Sketchy brush I thought I’d spend some time with It. zenjenny Jen has had fantastic success with it, but I have always run back to Procreate. I have always like the huge variety of community brushes that are available and also nicely catorgorized, unlike the community brushes in Infinite Painter. After an hour or so, I had expanded my knowledge of the app a great deal. i didn’t know you could add layers, thinking you were stuck with the 5 or so on opening. I think I’ll be playing around with it a bit more.
View attachment 176195
Nice one. I have to say I haven’t delved into it for a long while. It’s so easy to stick with one favourite. I think I’m going to have to rotate them to keep the creative options open.

Nice one. I have to say I haven’t delved into it for a long while. It’s so easy to stick with one favourite. I think I’m going to have to rotate them to keep the creative options open.
After whiling away the afternoon, I‘ve decided I like SketchClub’s Sketchy brush better than Infinite Painter’s. It seem f=more subtle.

The handmaiden

View attachment 175594

Same apps and process as above but less successful.

Ah, thank you for adjusting my perspective. :smilecat: It felt "less successful" because when I started, I was trying to duplicate the bright, bold, glossy look of the first one, but the image resisted all attempts to make that happen. I should know better by now.:lol:

View attachment 176129

The aging poet at the tea house
ICM + ACDSee Pro + iColorama (Toon, Water, Lighten, and some other stuff)
I may be butting in here with an unsolicited opinion, :whistle: :coffee: but it occurred to me part of your “dissatisfaction” might not only be the lack of glossy texture, but the compositions are quite different.“Winter Light” didn’t have as much background noise, plus had a different size ratio. I thought a different crop might bring it more to that style.

18124245-3B75-49E9-9AC5-A1D10E1F290E.jpeg

0116B832-33E2-4A1A-A237-B9345335BA38.jpeg

I may be butting in here with an unsolicited opinion, :whistle: :coffee: but it occurred to me part of your “dissatisfaction” might not only be the lack of glossy texture, but the compositions are quite different.“Winter Light” didn’t have as much background noise, plus had a different size ratio. I thought a different crop might bring it more to that style.

View attachment 176657
View attachment 176658
I like those. Good crops.

Back
Top Bottom