Favourite music?

I never come into the off-topic section so I thought I'd start a non-iphoneography topic.

What does everyone like to listen to? Music is a huge part of my life so I wondered what kind of stuff you all like?

My current favourites are Pink Floyd, Motorhead, Johnny Cash & Leonard Cohen. I've liked all of these for years but now I have a decent turntable/amp/speaker set-up in the attic I've been on the lookout for old Floyd and Motorhead LPs and my collection is growing slowly but surely :) I bought a great gospel album by Johnny Cash in a charity shop yesterday for £1!

I also love all the classic rock stuff, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Doors, Sabbath, but I also like 1980's metal like Slayer, Nuclear Assault and that sort of thing. I also love some jazz, especially Charles Mingus, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Ornette Coleman and some mellower folksy stuff like John Martyn and Beth Orton.

How about you?

Hi Robert - great topic, I'm sure loads of people will join this - I noticed lots of Pink Floyd chat on a different forum the other day! My childhood favourites - Queen - still fantastic, Queen 2 bring my favourite. Radiohead - many call them miserable, but there is true musicality and beauty beneath. Tori Amos ( I play piano ) - her latest album is beautiful as are her earliest. Soul II Soul is currently on my playlist. Bob Marley. Massive Attack. Fleet Foxes. Nick Drake ( if you haven't listened to him try snd get a copy of way to blue ). Air. Elbow. Wow - too many to list. Have to go and pick up children from school..,. Might be back later

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

I love Nick Drake - I used to own Way To Blue but unfortunately it got stolen along with quite a lot of my CD collection :( But thanks for reminding me! I'll try to pick that up again soon!

Tori Amos is an artist I never really got into - my girlfriend loves her first album (I think) - Little Earthquakes? And I have to say I enjoyed that. Also love Radiohead and Massive Attack, have been lucky enough to see them live in the past :)

Great topic! :thumbs: I have so many different things on my playlist! For a bit of 70's rock I still like to hear some Led Zeppelin: Fool in the Rain, Hey Hey What Can I Do, D'yer Mak'er. I love pretty much all MoTown. I have loads of Moby; some favs are Spiders, Porcelein, Find My Baby, One of These Mornings. LoveLoveLove Enigma: Prism of Life, Morphing Thru Time, Return to Innocence, etc. etc. Sarah Brightman's Deliver Me. Tori Amos. Indigo Girls. LOVE Adele's new song Someone Like You - her voice is so amazing! Beirut is awesome!! Coldplay... loads of Madonna... Beatles (Let It Be is my fav album). Frank Sinatra. Cree Summer's Street Faerie album. Vanessa-Mae = LOVE!!!!

Sheesh! That was a mish-mosh! :confused:

Hey Hey What Can I Do is one of my favourite Led Zeppelin songs! I'd love to get the Immigrant Song 7" single with that as the B-Side!

I had the chance to see Beirut recently but couldn't make it for various reasons - still haven't checked any of the music out!

Quite an eclectic mix for me:
I love rock and metal queen to Lacuna Coil to more screamy stuff by system of a down.
I also love my dance music (ex dj.. so loads of vinyl) Trance like Armin Van Burren to harder stuff by Marco V through to techno by Sven Vath....
Oh and a lot of stuff in-between!

My brothers are a bit older than myself and I was heavily influenced by them and also by my father ! My dad gave me the love of bob Dylan and Simon and garfunkel , Eva cassidy , my brothers a whole host ! Bob Marley , muddy waters , billie holiday ,the rolling stones, stevie wonder , Brian ferry , prince , my brothers now have there own little blues band . I am open minded and love nearly all music ! My classical FAvs are so wide I wouldn't know where to start ! But I do love mozarts piano concertos !

Back
Top Bottom