MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
I’ve had Filterstorm for years… maybe close to 10? It was my go-to app for cloning, and resizing. I know it was capable of a lot more than I utilized it for. I can’t remember when I used it last, but I opened it yesterday and got this… Bye bye Filterstorm. :(

1664076821312.png

I’ve had Filterstorm for years… maybe close to 10? It was my go-to app for cloning, and resizing. I know it was capable of a lot more than I utilized it for. I can’t remember when I used it last, but I opened it yesterday and got this… Bye bye Filterstorm. :(

View attachment 185882
I went looking for it because I knew I’d got it somewhere (didn’t it have ”Neue” or somesuch in the title?), but couldn’t find any reference to it, either in the App Store nor on my iPad! And then I looked in my list of my apps and found that there are loads of photo apps that are no more. I suppose I’d know that if I used them more often.:(

I suppose I’d know that if I used them more often.:(
Yes… I’ve only been using Snapseed, Image Blender, Instagram and Retouch for months and months… (and recently DistressedFX) who knows how many of the apps I have are defunct. Gone is the AppWhore of yore…. :geek:

View attachment 185882
I have Filterstorm Neue on my iPad -- redownloaded it several months ago. It still works now, but it doesn't show in my llist of purchased apps anymore, so if I delete it, I assume I won't be able to download it again. (Don't know if it'd be recoverable from an iPad backup or not.)

There were three apps: first Filterstorm, then Filterstorm Neue, and finally Filterstorm something-or-other, Neo maybe, which I seem to remember was subscription. None of them show in the App Store now. I don't use it at all now and don't remember why I downloaded it again. Maybe for its ability to resize each dimension independently, regardless of aspect ratio?

I have Filterstorm Neue on my iPad -- redownloaded it several months ago. It still works now, but it doesn't show in my llist of purchased apps anymore, so if I delete it, I assume I won't be able to download it again. (Don't know if it'd be recoverable from an iPad backup or not.)

There were three apps: first Filterstorm, then Filterstorm Neue, and finally Filterstorm something-or-other, Neo maybe, which I seem to remember was subscription. None of them show in the App Store now. I don't use it at all now and don't remember why I downloaded it again. Maybe for its ability to resize each dimension independently, regardless of aspect ratio?
I thought I had Filterstorm Neue, but maybe not.

terse What app would you recommend to upsize an image (make DPI bigger). I used to use FilterStorm for this and it was great... I no longer have any apps on my iPhone that do this function. :eek:

terse What app would you recommend to upsize an image (make DPI bigger). I used to use FilterStorm for this and it was great... I no longer have any apps on my iPhone that do this function. :eek:
I use Pixelmator Photo now, but I bought it early and got grandparented in. Now it's subscription, or $55 to buy outright. It's a good editor in addition to upsizing and downsizing, but pricey now.

Before that, I used to use Big Photos. I don't know if that's gone subscription now or not, but it did the job. There must be some others, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

EDIT: Just remembered... Do you own Camera+ 2? The recent versions have an option in the editor to uprez photos from the Camera Roll to 48mp.

EDIT: Just remembered... Do you own Camera+ 2? The recent versions have an option in the editor to uprez photos from the Camera Roll to 48mp.
I used to own Camera+ but must have deleted it. When I searched for Camera+ 2 I found this but no “2”.

I used to own Camera+ but must have deleted it. When I searched for Camera+ 2 I found this but no “2”.

That's it.

:notworthy: Finally!!! An app I can just purchase at a normal price.

View attachment 186275
Except…. It won’t download! It spins and spins and the pop-up to purchase it never happens. :eek: I tried about 5 times at home, with and without WiFi… it’s doing it at work too. Might try restarting my iPhone? :(

EDIT: Restarting worked!

39470612-F9A1-4DCF-B930-7CE2C7DEB03B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom