FIMO App

Thanks for the input, everyone. I think I just saved myself a lot of money. The funny thing is, if they had kept it to the old individual purchase scheme, I probably would have bought everything.

I’m definitely going to give Filmroll a try, too.

After Fimo went Pro behind a paywall with a stupidly expensive lifetime membership, it kind of fell out of favour with me, but I still use some of the previously bought films. I went on this morning to see their latest money making scam, a lottery to win films or the possibility of a lifetime membership, at £6 per ticket. Stupidly, I bought one and got a voucher for 20% off the fee. Ah well, you pays your money, you takes your chance..

Hello, I'm new on this site, I was wondering if there was someone who still uses the FIMO app, I know most filters are now pro (and that the app turned pro as well) , but I still use the ones that are free, I've been trying to get this new filter (as you can see it's says free, and it's one of the few filters now uploaded that isn't pro). Everytime I try to get it it says "fail purchase" I installed the app again, I contacted them through mail, through insta and on the app as well but they never replied. I was wondering if someone could get this filter or a similar app or filter with this effect (I'm an android user and I use free apps bcs I cannot afford going pro)
Screenshot_20230508_000949_FIMO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I'm new on this site, I was wondering if there was someone who still uses the FIMO app, I know most filters are now pro (and that the app turned pro as well) , but I still use the ones that are free, I've been trying to get this new filter (as you can see it's says free, and it's one of the few filters now uploaded that isn't pro). Everytime I try to get it it says "fail purchase" I installed the app again, I contacted them through mail, through insta and on the app as well but they never replied. I was wondering if someone could get this filter or a similar app or filter with this effect (I'm an android user and I use free apps bcs I cannot afford going pro)View attachment 192359
Welcome to Mobitog rainydaysandcoffee I don’t use FiMO but hopefully someone who does will come along. Pro and paid apps are a popular complaint around here. I hope you explore our little community, post some images and stick around!

Hello, I'm new on this site, I was wondering if there was someone who still uses the FIMO app, I know most filters are now pro (and that the app turned pro as well) , but I still use the ones that are free, I've been trying to get this new filter (as you can see it's says free, and it's one of the few filters now uploaded that isn't pro). Everytime I try to get it it says "fail purchase" I installed the app again, I contacted them through mail, through insta and on the app as well but they never replied. I was wondering if someone could get this filter or a similar app or filter with this effect (I'm an android user and I use free apps bcs I cannot afford going pro)View attachment 192359
I'd not noticed this ine come out, so just looked now. The base line says 'Open by Activity' and calls it an 'Activity Film'. This isnt something ive come across or can access. I refuse to pay the ridiculous fee for a subscription, but I surmise this might be something which is unlocked after certain criteria are met - like taking ten photos in a certain mode etc. Luma cam and Filmroll do passable Velvia efects and are still free.

Old Fimo has been on my phone since launch and I was happy to use it until they slapped on a pro user annual fee. Since then, ive not been able to access any new films. Recently, they have cunningly offered a 'lottery' whereby you can get a chance to win the Pro access. In a moment of utter boredom, I ran the lottery and won a 70% off coupon, bringing Pro access down to about £15 quid. as a result, i stumped up the cash, as i have always been fond of the app and bought in. It releases all the films, 50+ and releases all the format restrictions that they lately applied to casual users. I have to say that the majority of the films are almost indistinguishable form others, but some of them are really distinct and on a par with hipstamatic, such as the aerochrome style and turquoise style films. There are some great mon films which have a wide landscape format and some nice portrait style ones too, so all in all im a happy snapper again!

IMG_1745.jpeg
IMG_1765.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Fimo has been on my phone since launch and I was happy to use it until they slapped on a pro user annual fee. Since then, ive not been able to access any new films. Recently, they have cunningly offered a 'lottery' whereby you can get a chance to win the Pro access. In a moment of utter boredom, I ran the lottery and won a 70% off coupon, bringing Pro access down to about £15 quid. as a result, i stumped up the cash, as i have always been fond of the app and bought in. It releases all the films, 50+ and releases all the format restrictions that they lately applied to casual users. I have to say that the majority of the films are almost indistinguishable form others, but some of them are really distinct and on a par with hipstamatic, such as the aerochrome style and turquoise style films. There are some great mon films which have a wide landscape format and some nice portrait style ones too, so all in all im a happy snapper again!

View attachment 196310View attachment 196311
What a result! Both in terms of buying it and your images.

Back
Top Bottom