FIMO App

On further investigation it seems the 2021 ERA film is free it's the 2020 film that's mysteriously reappeared with no price. I assume that's part of the blind box thingamajig.
On iphone - ERA is £1.79 as is the Xmas film! The New year one was the same price. English certainly isn't the first language.

FIMO is now Pro.

Attachments

• F7D0D7D2-0D67-406F-BA27-BA06EDC62559.jpeg
    F7D0D7D2-0D67-406F-BA27-BA06EDC62559.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 68
Good as it is, not sure it's worth a sub of that amount. I'll have to check out what's going on in the Android version.
Totally agree John, I recal Hipstamatic saying that doing the monthly buy a Pak deal was not economically feasible. That’s why they went to the subscription model with the HipstaX

Totally agree John, I recal Hipstamatic saying that doing the monthly buy a Pak deal was not economically feasible. That’s why they went to the subscription model with the HipstaX
Ok I just opened the app and it gave me a choice to upgrade or not to subscription, with the carrot of 3 new films. I declined and went to look at the Google Play Store and the sub version is not even mentioned :eek:
I hope they keep the option of non-subscribers being able to buy one off films like Hipsta does (or did).
And what the heck is puzzle styles!

I may have to buy FilmRoll while its still a one off payment!

Last edited:
Ok I just opened the app and it gave me a choice to upgrade or not to subscription, with the carrot of 3 new films. I declined and went to look at the Google Play Store and the sub version is not even mentioned :eek:
I hope they keep the option of non-subscribers being able to buy one off films like Hipsta does (or did).
And what the heck is puzzle styles!

I may have to buy FilmRoll while its still a one off payment!
I’m quite impressed with Filmroll

I declined and went to look at the Google Play Store and the sub version is not even mentioned :eek:
That's how it looks on iOS, too, at the moment. Pro looks like an option and individual films are still for sale.

£5.99? Its telling me its £27.99

Aha. Right. Ill stick with Fimo for now, as long as I can still use the funtionality of what I have.

I have an iPod Touch for Hipstamatic but I use a cheap little LG Aristo 2 Android cell phone. I figured I could use a fun retro film app on the Android so I downloaded FIMO. It looks like it could be fun but I don't see how I can justify $30/year just to unlock the rest of the films. Does anyone have a full subscription? If so, do you consider it a fair value?

I have an iPod Touch for Hipstamatic but I use a cheap little LG Aristo 2 Android cell phone. I figured I could use a fun retro film app on the Android so I downloaded FIMO. It looks like it could be fun but I don't see how I can justify $30/year just to unlock the rest of the films. Does anyone have a full subscription? If so, do you consider it a fair value?
I bought most of the films before they hid it behind a paywall and decided to charge. In doing so, they have sneakily turned of some modes in some of the films, such as a 'portrait' setting on the HK film. I am very happy overall with the standalone films and would not consider shelling out 30 for a sub, judging by the new films, theres not enough extra value to justify it. If it came with an editing suite and a fuller range of new films, I would think about it, but it does seem excessive. Having said that, I do love Fimo and use it daily.

I bought most of the films before they hid it behind a paywall and decided to charge. In doing so, they have sneakily turned of some modes in some of the films, such as a 'portrait' setting on the HK film. I am very happy overall with the standalone films and would not consider shelling out 30 for a sub, judging by the new films, theres not enough extra value to justify it. If it came with an editing suite and a fuller range of new films, I would think about it, but it does seem excessive. Having said that, I do love Fimo and use it daily.
I agree with Bill, great app but likewise I purchased all the films before they went to subscription. Check out filmRoll, not sure if it’s on android but the “films” are good and it’s cheaper

Its a pretty good app if you like filters but I echo what Bill and Kevin have said, its probably not worth a full sub.
However putting it into perspective it only amounts to (UK) £2.50 a month, which doesn't buy a lot, shame it has to be stumped up in one go.
In comparison I have a Lightroom sub that runs to £4.50 a month, so much more expensive but probably does a lot more. I also subscribe to VSCO which at £20.00 a year gives a whole lot more than FIMO.

As Kevin says FilmRoll is on Android and I'd urge you to check out Vignette for Android as well which is a great little app (only available on Android).

Ive just d/l FilmRoll on my iPhone, while it lacks the cosmetic front of Fimo, it is a nice simple interface and a good variety of films. There's no annoying pop-ups or ad's (yet!) - although functionality is limited outside of a Pro subscription. Some of the more common films are available to unlock if you take a certain amount of photo's - although it will take a while to unlock Velvia film which needs 540 shots!

I have to say though, the film effect is not very pronounced and its hard to distinguish any major difference between some of them. But hey, its Free (mostly!)

As to Lightroom, I use the free version, without the sub and although I don't have the Masking and Healing tools, or some of the more technical aspects, its very much a central part of my editing workflow.

Ive just d/l FilmRoll on my iPhone, while it lacks the cosmetic front of Fimo, it is a nice simple interface and a good variety of films. There's no annoying pop-ups or ad's (yet!) - although functionality is limited outside of a Pro subscription. Some of the more common films are available to unlock if you take a certain amount of photo's - although it will take a while to unlock Velvia film which needs 540 shots!

I have to say though, the film effect is not very pronounced and its hard to distinguish any major difference between some of them. But hey, its Free (mostly!)

As to Lightroom, I use the free version, without the sub and although I don't have the Masking and Healing tools, or some of the more technical aspects, its very much a central part of my editing workflow.
I think I paid $7 for a full lifetime Filmroll subscription which unlocked everything. The quality of the films, I agree , is not as great as FIMO

Back
Top Bottom