HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - Appalachia Hipstapak

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
While it's showing up in my app, it's listed as "this product is not available." Sadly there are no sample photos, either. So I have no idea how it looks yet, but the descriptions are intriguing.

Appalachia Hipstapak: Blues from the Mountains
appalachia.png

Lofton Lens. Style: Subtle blues. Inspired by African-American Blues musicians of the early 20th century, this lens adds subtle aged character to your image.
lofton-package.png
lofton.png

My guess is "Lofton" refers to Willie "Poor Boy" Lofton. Little is known about him, other than he appears to have recorded only eight sides for Decca and Bluebird records back in the 1930s. His rendition of Tommy Johnson's "Big Road Blues" (rewritten by Lofton as "Dark Road Blues") is considered a blues classic.

Staccato 05 film. Style: Hard blues. The Blues are hitting hard with this vintage film.
staccato-package.png
staccato.png

Last edited:
While it's showing up in my app, it's listed as "this product is not available." Sadly there are no sample photos, either. So I have no idea how it looks yet, but the descriptions are intriguing.

Appalachia Hipstapak: Blues from the Mountains
View attachment 185093

Lofton Lens. Style: Subtle blues. Inspired by African-American Blues musicians of the early 20th century, this lens adds subtle aged character to your image.
View attachment 185091View attachment 185092
My guess is "Lofton" refers to Willie "Poor Boy" Lofton. Little is known about him, other than he appears to have recorded only eight sides for Decca and Bluebird records back in the 1930s. His rendition of Tommy Johnson's "Big Road Blues" (rewritten by Lofton as "Dark Road Blues") is considered a blues classic.

Staccato 05 film. Style: Hard blues. The Blues are hitting hard with this vintage film.
View attachment 185089View attachment 185090
You might find it if you go to the “store” and scroll through “My gear”. Quite often I find it’s listed there

Its available via Hipstamart. A slight blue cast and some chromatic abberation, plus a round cornered frame. Ive not taken it out for a run yet, just applied it to a couple of earlier shots. a bit lacklustre for me
6A50CAEF-3652-4918-BD8F-80B682E86CE3.jpeg
879DA39D-7D39-4169-8F83-85083E1618FC.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the pack now. As always, I’m a bit short of my own photos to share, so here are some photos I took in my favorite video game, Forza Horizon 5.
F72A07A6-77EA-448E-BA86-77CCD6595571.jpeg

04708E0F-FDE5-4446-A994-AF01984343D0.jpeg

EAFEE9C5-6B9E-4726-A262-551F8E435899.jpeg
805CD7E9-880F-4AB5-A52E-B9DAF1C04EA2.jpeg
I like it so far. I like the color aberrations especially visible on the sides of the VW pickup and Citroën. I just need to try it in a lot of different environments and lighting situation.

I have the pack now. As always, I’m a bit short of my own photos to share, so here are some photos I took in my favorite video game, Forza Horizon 5.
View attachment 185104
View attachment 185105
View attachment 185106View attachment 185107I like it so far. I like the color aberrations especially visible on the sides of the VW pickup and Citroën. I just need to try it in a lot of different environments and lighting situation.
I'd love Forza 5, but as far as I can see its xbox only. I really want the Hot Wheels DLC!

Back
Top Bottom