HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - APRIL - Sepia Snappak

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
This just showed up on the Hipstamatic Gear page. There are no example photos yet and it's not yet available in the Hipstamart, but this is what we have to look forward to this month.

Three films. Classic Warm Tones.

Browny's Blonde 22. Style: Light Sepia. A light dip in the sepia, this vintage film adds a small warmth to your prints.

Browny's Mocha 55. Style: Medium Sepia. With a moderate touch of sepia tones, this film creates a more defined effect.

Browny's Expresso 77. Style: Heavy Sepia. More dramatic sepia tones are added with this deep bath of warmth and grain.

This just showed up on the Hipstamatic Gear page. There are no example photos yet and it's not yet available in the Hipstamart, but this is what we have to look forward to this month.

Three films. Classic Warm Tones.

Browny's Blonde 22. Style: Light Sepia. A light dip in the sepia, this vintage film adds a small warmth to your prints.

Browny's Mocha 55. Style: Medium Sepia. With a moderate touch of sepia tones, this film creates a more defined effect.

Browny's Expresso 77. Style: Heavy Sepia. More dramatic sepia tones are added with this deep bath of warmth and grain.
I like the sounds of it……

Just become available. A return to form with three lovely vintage/antique style washes on the films. Becoming progressively darker and stronger, with two of the films including a removable and actually useable frame.
52E4207F-57EF-4E07-9E9A-19D3EFA19521.jpeg
C8B56F54-FAB5-493C-97B7-275CECED5FCC.jpeg
EA2802F8-DF94-4ED1-8842-0F2193D54A1C.jpeg

Hipstamatic has updated their gear page with sample photos. Let's start with Browny's Blonde 22 film.

All photos by Mario Estrada using the Lowy lens.

Last edited:
a definite return to form. Three really good films
I strongly agree. I get the feeling these are going to be "go to" films for a long time.

All good photos regardless of the Pak, would look just as good not edited at all, I think Hipstamatic are very good at selling a product :cool:
This is also true. That photo of the young girl bending backwards over the railing reminds me of one of those extraordinary Farm Administration photos from the Depression Era.

well they constantly manage to relieve me of 89p every month! I wouldn't bother with a Hipstamatic X subscription though, really don't see the point.
After tax it's a buck ten for me, but I really don't mind. I couldn't ask for a cheaper, easier to manage addiction.

Also, considering the camels and pyramids in the some of the photos, it appears we may have an Egypt-themed pack coming up soon.

My personal issue with Hipstamatic is it’s just too darn hectic/crazy/overwhelming for me to scroll through the myriad lenses & films to choose something - and I don’t even have everything. It feels like a restaurant with a book for a menu, or a clothing store with rack upon rack of stuff. “Back in the day” when I was a HipstaFreak there was a manageable amount. If I want that sepia look I can go into Snapseed, or even Instagram or VSCO, and create it one-two-three easy-peasy, rather than deal with chaos.

I probably should go into Hipsta and turn off everything but a few that I know I’d use and that would maybe give me something unique that I can’t get anywhere else, but even the thought of that just feels like an unwelcome chore. :barf:

Back
Top Bottom