HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - APRIL - Sepia Snappak

My personal issue with Hipstamatic is it’s just too darn hectic/crazy/overwhelming for me to scroll through the myriad lenses & films to choose something - and I don’t even have everything. It feels like a restaurant with a book for a menu, or a clothing store with rack upon rack of stuff. “Back in the day” when I was a HipstaFreak there was a manageable amount. If I want that sepia look I can go into Snapseed, or even Instagram or VSCO, and create it one-two-three easy-peasy, rather than deal with chaos.

I probably should go into Hipsta and turn off everything but a few that I know I’d use and that would maybe give me something unique that I can’t get anywhere else, but even the thought of that just feels like an unwelcome chore. :barf:
That’s why I started using HIpsta X. I‘ve limited myself to 20 combinations. If I add one, I delete one. I’m hoping it will help me focus. So far it’s not working. :D

My personal issue with Hipstamatic is it’s just too darn hectic/crazy/overwhelming for me to scroll through the myriad lenses & films to choose something - and I don’t even have everything. It feels like a restaurant with a book for a menu, or a clothing store with rack upon rack of stuff. “Back in the day” when I was a HipstaFreak there was a manageable amount. If I want that sepia look I can go into Snapseed, or even Instagram or VSCO, and create it one-two-three easy-peasy, rather than deal with chaos.

I probably should go into Hipsta and turn off everything but a few that I know I’d use and that would maybe give me something unique that I can’t get anywhere else, but even the thought of that just feels like an unwelcome chore. :barf:
I feel your pain. I’ve narrowed down the Paks to a few, usually early issues which had “substance”. You can get the mono: sepia effect using the photo app too
82EFF959-EA38-4152-A7E9-11B1F78FBC29.jpeg

My personal issue with Hipstamatic is it’s just too darn hectic/crazy/overwhelming for me to scroll through the myriad lenses & films to choose something - and I don’t even have everything. It feels like a restaurant with a book for a menu, or a clothing store with rack upon rack of stuff. “Back in the day” when I was a HipstaFreak there was a manageable amount.
I have two Masters and a PhD, and trying to wrap my mind around the entire Hipstamatic catalogue is just beyond me.

But every time I hide most of the options in Hipstamatic so I can focus, somebody posts an amazing photo here using a lens or film I’d written off and I immediately unhide it.

Well said. Exactly how I feel. I often run an image through Hipstamatic shake and leave in frustration.

Last edited:
I have two Masters and a PhD, and trying to wrap my mind around the entire Hipstamatic catalogue is just beyond me.

But every time I hide most of the options in Hipstamatic so I can focus, somebody posts an amazing photo here using a lens or film I’d written off and I immediately unhide it.
This sounds a little like me and my searching for techniques. Do yourself a favour, find a combo, spend a week using it. If you see other images you like, don’t load the packs into hipsta, just write them down. Then after the weeks challenge you’ve set yourself, switch to another and go at it again.
meanwhile, don’t limit yourself to just one app, or just creating buddies or whatever it’s called in the app. A group like this will get you creating better images, trust me, this motley crew have helped me tremendously. Get a mono combo in hipsta, take photos, post them in the weekly challenge, it’s just a bit of fun but it doesn’t half give you a rush when one of yours are picked for the podium.

This sounds a little like me and my searching for techniques. Do yourself a favour, find a combo, spend a week using it. If you see other images you like, don’t load the packs into hipsta, just write them down. Then after the weeks challenge you’ve set yourself, switch to another and go at it again.
meanwhile, don’t limit yourself to just one app, or just creating buddies or whatever it’s called in the app. A group like this will get you creating better images, trust me, this motley crew have helped me tremendously. Get a mono combo in hipsta, take photos, post them in the weekly challenge, it’s just a bit of fun but it doesn’t half give you a rush when one of yours are picked for the podium.
“Find a combo spend a week using it”… good advise and one I’ve used to whittle down my collection. As I’ve noted previously the older Paks were always uniformly good . I agree with the creativity of this group and it’s a lot more “family” than say Instagram

“Find a combo spend a week using it”… good advise and one I’ve used to whittle down my collection. As I’ve noted previously the older Paks were always uniformly good . I agree with the creativity of this group and it’s a lot more “family” than say Instagram
Maybe this is a project for me. Right, I’m gonna start a new thread…

Thank you. This is simple but outstanding advice.

Back
Top Bottom