• Please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU to all our generous & supportive MobiMembers!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - AUGUST - Aloha HipstaPak

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Device
IPhone XR
Another month, another first Friday passed and another HipstaPak seems to be missing in action. Am I beginning to detect a pattern here?

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Another month, another first Friday passed and another HipstaPak seems to be missing in action. Am I beginning to detect a pattern here?
Oh Richard :mobibabe: - everyone knows it’s the third Friday in the month, if the month doesn’t have an R in it and it’s not a Leap Year! Or is that eating mussels? :confused:

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
There is one. You have to search for it.

The Aloha Pak.
Waikiki lens - Nor’shor 72 film

Not worth it IMHO - very pale/washed out. I will work on some examples. I’m currently traveling with limited WiFi so not sure if I will be able to upload for a few more days. I haven’t seen anyone using it but I haven’t been checking.

It downloaded for me, but the download message keeps popping up. Lens and film will appear at the end of the line, but you have to create a favorite yourself for the pak.

2635BDBC-938E-41FA-BD68-BDDA08D95DEB.png

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Device
IPhone XR
Thanks, Leslie. You're right, I had to do a search for it. It's not showing up in the 'featured' paks as yet. I also could not find any information or samples of it. Looks like the paks are 'escaping' on their own. :)

chrisD46

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Chris
How could you possibly consider a Aloha pack with washed out colors ? ... When Leslie indicates the pak is not worth it - then I won't bother to play "Where's Waldo" ? in order to find it . Last pak bought for me was Coney Island which I only bought for funky architecture colors and the like ... Now back to organizing my clothing closet by colors .

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
How could you possibly consider a Aloha pack with washed out colors ? ... When Leslie indicates the pak is not worth it - then I won't bother to play "Where's Waldo" ? in order to find it . Last pak bought for me was Coney Island which I only bought for funky architecture colors and the like ... Now back to organizing my clothing closet by colors .
Yes, I’m with you Chris, it’s awful. I’m hoping that, individually, they might work with some other film/lens.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I’m hoping that, individually, they might work with some other film/lens.
I've no doubt that Leslie will create something to make us all swoon and run off to buy the pak. :lmao:

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
Hmmm, I’m not sure even Leslie can do anything with this pak. :rolleyes:
I really doubt I can. But I’m back from our trip so I will make a few attempts.

A crazy thing about this one is that they aren’t even promoting it. Still hidden. No photo samples or descriptions. And usually you get a promotional email or message about a week after the release touting their latest and greatest. I think they are taking the summer off, or something even more sinister is going on. They haven’t changed the sample pix in the app for a long time either.

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
Experimenting - maybe they called this the Aloha pak because they’re trying to evoke the look of sand with the dirty looking texture in the film?

153EF78D-B7AE-4F31-880A-D813FF7C3AC6.jpeg
389A485A-CA32-4734-9A09-A326BC6C2797.jpeg
Screenshots - texture on and off

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Experimenting - maybe they called this the Aloha pak because they’re trying to evoke the look of sand with the dirty looking texture in the film?

View attachment 148432View attachment 148433Screenshots - texture on and off
I think with the texture off it works nicely with your subject. But with the texture on.... I’ll echo Richard’s “ewwww”.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 148432View attachment 148433Screenshots - texture on and off
That texture is just horrible. My step-daughter gets that effect when she hasn’t cleaned the lens on her phone. :lol: