HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - AUGUST - Aloha HipstaPak

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Device
iPhone 12 Pro
Another month, another first Friday passed and another HipstaPak seems to be missing in action. Am I beginning to detect a pattern here?

Another month, another first Friday passed and another HipstaPak seems to be missing in action. Am I beginning to detect a pattern here?
Oh Richard :mobibabe: - everyone knows it’s the third Friday in the month, if the month doesn’t have an R in it and it’s not a Leap Year! Or is that eating mussels? :confused:

There is one. You have to search for it.

The Aloha Pak.
Waikiki lens - Nor’shor 72 film

Not worth it IMHO - very pale/washed out. I will work on some examples. I’m currently traveling with limited WiFi so not sure if I will be able to upload for a few more days. I haven’t seen anyone using it but I haven’t been checking.

It downloaded for me, but the download message keeps popping up. Lens and film will appear at the end of the line, but you have to create a favorite yourself for the pak.

2635BDBC-938E-41FA-BD68-BDDA08D95DEB.png

Thanks, Leslie. You're right, I had to do a search for it. It's not showing up in the 'featured' paks as yet. I also could not find any information or samples of it. Looks like the paks are 'escaping' on their own. :)

How could you possibly consider a Aloha pack with washed out colors ? ... When Leslie indicates the pak is not worth it - then I won't bother to play "Where's Waldo" ? in order to find it . Last pak bought for me was Coney Island which I only bought for funky architecture colors and the like ... Now back to organizing my clothing closet by colors .

How could you possibly consider a Aloha pack with washed out colors ? ... When Leslie indicates the pak is not worth it - then I won't bother to play "Where's Waldo" ? in order to find it . Last pak bought for me was Coney Island which I only bought for funky architecture colors and the like ... Now back to organizing my clothing closet by colors .
Yes, I’m with you Chris, it’s awful. I’m hoping that, individually, they might work with some other film/lens.

Hmmm, I’m not sure even Leslie can do anything with this pak. :rolleyes:
I really doubt I can. But I’m back from our trip so I will make a few attempts.

A crazy thing about this one is that they aren’t even promoting it. Still hidden. No photo samples or descriptions. And usually you get a promotional email or message about a week after the release touting their latest and greatest. I think they are taking the summer off, or something even more sinister is going on. They haven’t changed the sample pix in the app for a long time either.

Experimenting - maybe they called this the Aloha pak because they’re trying to evoke the look of sand with the dirty looking texture in the film?

153EF78D-B7AE-4F31-880A-D813FF7C3AC6.jpeg
389A485A-CA32-4734-9A09-A326BC6C2797.jpeg
Screenshots - texture on and off

Experimenting - maybe they called this the Aloha pak because they’re trying to evoke the look of sand with the dirty looking texture in the film?

View attachment 148432View attachment 148433Screenshots - texture on and off
I think with the texture off it works nicely with your subject. But with the texture on.... I’ll echo Richard’s “ewwww”.

View attachment 148432View attachment 148433Screenshots - texture on and off
That texture is just horrible. My step-daughter gets that effect when she hasn’t cleaned the lens on her phone. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom